PDA

View Full Version : The best folding phone?

LeatherTrumpet
04-09-2023, 01:30 PM
Honor Magic V2 Two Weeks Later... | Unboxing & Full Review

Ru_cWJpCIHY

bitontheslide
04-09-2023, 03:44 PM
to me it looks like an awkward size when its unfolded. I have my phone and an ipad pro. It just seems to make more sense to me to have separate devices

Soldier Boy
07-09-2023, 12:31 PM
to me it looks like an awkward size when its unfolded. I have my phone and an ipad pro. It just seems to make more sense to me to have separate devices

I agree - gimmick. The aspect ratio makes it useful for ... literally nothing at all. The part where he talks about how you can watch a youtube video on the top bit and have some random controls on the bottom half? :joker: WHY. The way YouTube on phones works currently is optimal! This is like... LESS convenient :think:. It's almost like an admission that the other half is entirely redundant and they just had to come up with something to put there.

Then they show a show being watched full screen... with the sides of the picture blatantly cut off, because content is all 16:9 so there's nothing that fits these screens, you're either going to have part of the picture cut off or black bars across the top and bottom, again making half the screen totally redundant.

Waste of time and energy... just the phone manufacturers desperately trying to find things that are "new and innovative" because the current functionality of phone screens has peaked. So they're trying this folding lark. No one really wants it :shrug:.