PDA

View Full Version : Wonder woman ain't been to good lately.

parmnion
28-01-2024, 07:19 PM
Old granny Pam, the 80 year old super woman who played 18 holes of golf during scotlands record high temperature(which was recorded 1.2 miles away) A woman of 80 who tested positive for covid but still went and played in a seniors golf competition and won it..

Well the duchess is looking and acting her age now having been felled with condition after condition this winter.

Personally, I think it's her mental state but nobody will listen to me
I think she needs some sun.

Anyway, shes had a bloody shock at realising she isnt invincible. As we all have.

Cherie
28-01-2024, 07:31 PM
who is Granny Pam, anyway yeah health can take a turn for the worst very quickly at that age, one minute fine, next minute deaths door, then fine again, is a rollercoaster for relatives

parmnion
28-01-2024, 07:35 PM
who is Granny Pam, anyway yeah health can take a turn for the worst very quickly at that age, one minute fine, next minute deaths door, then fine again, is a rollercoaster for relatives

My mum. Her grandkids and greatgrand kids call her granny pam. I've spoken about her a few times on here so decided to share an update on her.

Is there anyone left?

Cherie
28-01-2024, 07:41 PM
My mum. Her grandkids and greatgrand kids call her granny pam. I've spoken about her a few times on here so decided to share an update on her.

Is there anyone left?

thought it was your Mum, hope she feels better soon

MTVN
28-01-2024, 07:43 PM
You might be right re the mental side of things. Old people can get very depressed due to their frailties, loneliness etc which can make them unwell and exacerbate any physical condition. Like you say it's that confronting of mortality which can be very difficult.

Hopefully she bounces back and is back on the golf course soon!

Mystic Mock
28-01-2024, 08:25 PM
Hopefully she'll be better soon.

parmnion
28-01-2024, 08:44 PM
You might be right re the mental side of things. Old people can get very depressed due to their frailties, loneliness etc which can make them unwell and exacerbate any physical condition. Like you say it's that confronting of mortality which can be very difficult.

Hopefully she bounces back and is back on the golf course soon!

Last 2 years ive noticed her fragility when it comes to important days out like weddings, and xmas meals More so funerals though.

My dad passed away a few years ago, and would have been holding her hand at any of these events, but now especially the funerals. Funerals of people they would have known since they were at school together. It must be hard without him.. I told her that to her face 2 weeks ago, cause she was wondering why xmas exhausts her so much. I told her its cause you aiint got your rock around anymore.

The golf club flag has been lowered to half mast about 6 times this year. I'm dreading the day it's her. Cherish the moments you youngsters, they may seem invincible, but they ain't, they are scared children nearer then end.

Cherie
28-01-2024, 09:22 PM
If she is up to it you could take her away for a few days just a change of air?

Ammi
29-01-2024, 07:15 AM
…if she’s had a lot of things following on from each other../..viruses etc then it will take her body longer to recover and I think that the immune system for all of us has taken a bit of a blow etc as well from isolating and not having that essential contact with all of the every day things we live with…she sounds amazing and hopefully this is just a balance that she needs to recharge and as you say, sunlight can help hugely in elevating those energy levels…she may or may not be out there being queen of the golf course again but she sounds as though she’s queen of many hearts and she’ll store that energy also, which can outshine the sun in the energy and healing powers it gives to feel such family love…I wish her well…:love:…

thesheriff443
29-01-2024, 07:39 AM
Sending her all my love parm xxx

thesheriff443
29-01-2024, 07:51 AM
Can someone upload t graham brown song in this thread for me please
It’s a sad but powerful song

It’s called wine into water

Zizu
29-01-2024, 09:06 AM
Can someone upload t graham brown song in this thread for me please
It’s a sad but powerful song

It’s called wine into water

https://youtu.be/y8ZlNRMHXxU?si=nVw1tYg-629CeWTA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Soldier Boy
29-01-2024, 10:28 AM
Over 80 it's all about keeping weight ON, conversely to the rest of life. Up until the late 70's you don't want to be overweight because of the strain on the body and organs... 80 onwards, you need to pack on a bit. Not talking morbidly obese here but a chubby 80 year old has a good shot at reaching 90 and beyond - a skinny/seemingly "physically fit" 80 year old is an illness or two from becoming underweight/frail/brittle bones etc... weight will drop off FAST with illness in old age so if there was no excess there to start with, the body just starts consuming itself (muscle mass, leeching nutrients from bones, eventually organs not functioning as they should).

Can be very, very difficult to convince someone who has lead a fit and active elderly lifestyle that they actually need to up their calorific intake and build up some energy reserves for times of ill health.

Not that they shouldn't still stay active that's another important part. Stop moving and you'll stay stopped.

parmnion
29-01-2024, 03:13 PM
I think shes over the worst and is very chirpy today.

Thank you all for your kind words

AnnieK
29-01-2024, 06:55 PM
Aw glad she's feeling better Parm. :love: Look after her x

Mystic Mock
30-01-2024, 12:28 AM
I think shes over the worst and is very chirpy today.

Thank you all for your kind words

That's good news.

Oliver_W
30-01-2024, 04:06 PM
:love: