PDA

View Full Version : The joint was jumping, jumping!

Romantic Old Bird
20-03-2002, 09:15 AM
OK, all those who scoffed at the ease Helen's Dance Workout, own up. Who has actually TRIED to do it?

As most of you know, I have been spending a few leisurely and enjoyable weeks recuperating from surgery. I have wallowed in the order that for once in my life I should take it easy.

This is not something people usually say, as one look at me convinces them that exercise could only be beneficial .......... :elephant:

Any rode up, I followed these instructions to the letter, and find that instead of looking like :elephant:, I now look like :elephant::elephant::elephant:.

OH is not overly impressed...:nono: so, I have for the past two or three weeks been venturing forth, striding out, and pounding the streets of our attractive little market town.

No significant inroads have been made into the 3 :elephant: status, but I feel quite :thumbs: and I can work up a healthy glow without too much distress.

Emboldened by surviving a particularly vigorous walk last evening, I fished out Helen's tape this morning, and slotted it into the VCR. This has been languishing, waiting for this moment, for the time when I could participate fully alongside the little Welsh Wonder. Piece of cake, I thought!

Here we go, warm up, not too bad, I'm a bit unco-ordinated at first, I can deal with :spin:, and even a little bit of :dance:.
I certainly know I'm doing it, but I persevere... all going fairly swimmingly until.............................

:shocked:

Helen says, 'Alright, let's do a little bounce up and down now'

OK, don't panic, thought I, it can't be that bad, can it?......

Off I go, gently at first
:bouncy:,
just a little residual rattling of the plates on the Welsh dresser, not too much collateral damage, and we get through the warm up, and start on the aerobic section.

I'm definitely puffing a bit now, and the cheeks are nice and rosy. Then 'Turn round bouncing' comes up...........

:elephant::colour::colour::colour::elephant::colou r::colour::colour::elephant:

OMG!!!!!!:shocked:

Not only not a pretty sight, the local seismological office have since reported a minor tremor in the East Midlands area, measuring 3.5 on the Richter scale. My complete 1970's Wedgewood dinner service escapes intact only by the flook soft landing of several plates on a pile of folded washing.

I find the only way I can complete this section is to use my arms to pinion the chest, thus avoiding severe concussion. It does reduce the upper body workout, but hey, it's a compromise. The bum and hips? Don't even go there!!!

Amazingly I progress to the cool down section, and Helen tells me to 'Chill my boots' and thoughts of the divine PC boister me through....

Nice slow movements, :bouncy: no bother.

A little bit of adapted stretching to cope with me healing muscles...............,

and I've done! :hello::hello::hello:

Give that woman a medal, I think to myself! I deserve it!

Flushed with success, I have a nice cool drink of water, and pop in the tape ready for Lorraine. Quick shower, log on and check the gossip columns, note that H and Lisa are replacing James Redmond on sm:TV.

All the time I am reassuring myself that with determination and persistence I can become the woman I want to be. I will workout with Helen, because if she can do it, anyone can.

So I wander downstairs, switch on the telly just to check how Lorraine is progressing, only to see Helen dressed in a pink Bunny suit, stuffing her gob with chocolate! Well, she's only human, bless her!

She'll definitely need to do the video again later today, unless of course she has any other form of exercise lined up.

Excuse me! I mean that assault course!!!!

peachy
20-03-2002, 03:50 PM
Do you know ROB I felt these massive bumps as I was going to work today. The M6 ground to a halt and great stretches of road lifted. It was frightening. Traffic news bulletins kept saying there were after-shocks being felt throughout the West Midlands and they seemed to be coming from the east. Perhaps it might be better if you alerted all radio stations so they could give out warnings before you attempt Helen's video again. I have been told by the authorities that I mustn't attempt such a dangerous exercise myself as the infastructure of the Midlands couldn't cope at all.

Romantic Old Bird
20-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Cheers Peachy old pal. Why insult myself, when there's always someone to do it for me?????!!!

Sorry about the M6, I didn't realise the aftershocks went out that far. The M6 has enough problems without me adding to them. I will aviod rush hours in future.:blush:

Mairi
20-03-2002, 06:33 PM
Oh ROB, you've done it again, made me cry laughing. I admit that the bouncing up and down bit got to me too. Up until then I was doing really well but, I'm afraid, that exercise took such a lot out of me that I had to sit down and recover for a while before proceeding. Helen made it look so easy too!

It's a great video, isn't it? Now that you've mastered it, I hope you are going to do that bouncing exercise EVERY morning from now on. Just put the dishes in a safe place before you start!

Walking is still the best form of exercise you can do though so keep it up and before you know it your OH will have to buy you a WHOLE NEW WARDROBE!!!!

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:: hello: