PDA

View Full Version : Manchester City's Revoloution...

Razmataz
04-08-2007, 11:37 AM
As an avid City fan I've been hugely excited from the appointment of Sven, the change of board to Thaksin [don't give me a lecture on what the thai's are accusing him of] and the 8 players who he's brought in.

I'd like to think the new 8 players will add competition and more diversity for places within the squad, something that was severly lacking last season, and with all due respect the season before. I expect a torrend of United fans from [Scarbrough] to give me their opinions on how we're going down and all that balloney, just because of the fear which is currently circling them.

I was hoping we'd buy Scott Carson from Liverpool, but who knows what Sven is signing on Monday.

Just have to wait and see how we pan out, and with the DERBY a week after the season starts, just wonder whether we can snap up on United heels.

Dan_
04-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Things certainly look good for the future of Manchester City, some very good signings and all of them are still fairly young.The three signings that stand out for me are Elano, Petrov and Bojinov, they are all players I rate highly and they should help create and score goals which was the main downfall for City last season.Despite the loss of Distin the defence looks strong and I expect a big season from Nedum Onuoha.

I'm not sure you even need to sign Scott Carson.Isaksson is a very good keeper and you've got a future star keeper in Joe Hart as back-up.

Razmataz
05-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Dan_
Things certainly look good for the future of Manchester City, some very good signings and all of them are still fairly young.The three signings that stand out for me are Elano, Petrov and Bojinov, they are all players I rate highly and they should help create and score goals which was the main downfall for City last season.Despite the loss of Distin the defence looks strong and I expect a big season from Nedum Onuoha.

I'm not sure you even need to sign Scott Carson.Isaksson is a very good keeper and you've got a future star keeper in Joe Hart as back-up.

Both keepers are Injured Dan.
we need someone urgently, with prem experience, because if Isaksson stays injured, then we have no experierenced back up.

Elano was the one that surprised me most, never saw that coming.

Dan_
05-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Razmataz
Originally posted by Dan_

Both keepers are Injured Dan.
we need someone urgently, with prem experience, because if Isaksson stays injured, then we have no experierenced back up.

Elano was the one that surprised me most, never saw that coming.

That sucks, talk about bad timing for both to be injured.I suppose you could get Carson on loan for a couple of months in that case.Liverpool signed some Bulgarian international keeper in the summer and they have another promising youngster so they aren't exactly short on keepers.

Elano was a surprise to me and all, he's a regular for Brazil after all and he came quite cheap.

Tanser_Man
05-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I just think he's signing all these foreigners willy nilly and there going to take time to adapt to the english game and it's yet another world X1 blocking the prouduction of the next generation of English players and Man City have a great youth setup, like my team Villa.

I think, if Sven can get the team to gel overnight and adapt then you could be a suprise challenger for Europe but not many players come from Italy and other leagues come and set the Premier League on fire in there first season.

Should be Manchester City, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Everton and Spurs all fighting for them european space.

Notice I left out West Sham, there a joke and Curbishley is just signing any old players.

Tanser_Man
05-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Also Villa beat Inter Milan, 3-0 at home yesterday, totally played them off the park.

Monday is supposed to be a big day for Villa aswell, we've bid £8m for Curtis Davies, £7m for Craig Gordon (plus addons) and two other decent defenders in Brede Hangeland and Jose Bosingwa (both costing about £4m)... all supposed to be signing before the end of the week.

Going to be a great season... so open!