PDA

View Full Version : The BB9 Auditions Thread (Official info)

Matt
30-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Want to Be in next year's Big Brother?

The Big Brother auditions are coming to a city near to you and earlier than ever before. If you want to be a Housemate throughout the summer of 2008, you need to go to an open audition in one of the following cities:

Glasgow

Belfast

Birmingham

Cardiff

Dublin

London

Manchester

Newcastle

The Big Brother open audtions will take place on weekends, and will start in the first city on Saturday 24th November 2007, at approximately 9am - details of each audition date and exact location will be announced on this website and on Channel 4, shortly.

Anyone who will be over 18 in the summer of 2008, is eligible to audition. You will need to bring some form of photo ID as proof of your age and identity.

It is usually a long day at auditions so Big Brother urges you to wear something warm, as you may be stood outside for a number of hours - if you are freezing cold this may affect your ability to impress the Producers. If you have a special outfit you want to wear to make an impact, you can always change into it when you get near the front of the queue and are about to audition.

Given the vast amount of people who turn up to audition, Big Brother cannot provide refreshments for everyone, so please bring your own food and non-alchoholic drinks to consume throughout the day.

If you have any special requirements (such as wheelchair access or a signer), Big Brother will be setting up a phone number for access enquiries, details of which will shortly be published on this site.

Big Brother will announce more detailed information regarding auditions at channel4.com/bigbrother over the next few weeks.

Big Brother will get back to you...

Source: channel4.com/bigbrother

Lauren
30-08-2007, 06:36 PM
WOO!
I'm auditioning, just for the sheer experience of even the auditions!

Sam!
30-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Wow thats early!

Matt
30-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Lauren
WOO!

Wooo! Go Lauren!

What if you get through? :laugh:

Lauren
30-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Matt
WOO!

Wooo! Go Lauren!

Then I panic cos I have a degree to complete haha.

Also, I'm not gonna act up - I'm actually just gonna be myself!

Matt
30-08-2007, 06:41 PM
WOO!

Wooo! Go Lauren!

Then I panic cos I have a degree to complete haha.

Also, I'm not going to act up - I'm actually just going to be myself!

Good on ya!

Good luck :wink:

Loukas
30-08-2007, 06:41 PM
lauran say what your going to say and stuff

we need to get TiBB people to audition

gracie24
30-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah would be mint if quite a few people from here auditioned!!

Loukas
30-08-2007, 06:46 PM
ok im going to make a post now in this part of the fourm

read when i have made it

Matt
30-08-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm glad they're starting in November, shows they're serious about making BB9 the best ever!

Captain.Remy
30-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Maybe if it starts in November, there is a link with what will happen in January...

Lauren
30-08-2007, 06:55 PM
If I get in I'm gonna rely on this forum to back me, hahaha!
In turn I'll promote the site.

Deal? *shifty eyes*

gracie24
30-08-2007, 06:57 PM
If I get in I'm going to rely on this forum to back me, hahaha!
In turn I'll promote the site.

Deal? *shifty eyes*

Haha!!!
Just randomly put it into conversation on the show!

Matt
31-08-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm still surprised the auditions have started so early :S

Rory
31-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by sunshine30
Maybe if it starts in November, there is a link with what will happen in January...
Possibly! They could select their 'experimental' BB contestants from the same pool.

I'm glad they're doing lots of pre-planning this year!

Freddy111
31-08-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't think it means they're trying to make a better BB9, as earlier auditions won't mean that. I think they're doing them early because they dont have CBB to worry about. Unless BB9 is that E4 big brother they're doing lol.

Stu
31-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Rory
Originally posted by sunshine30
Possibly! They could select their 'experimental' BB contestants from the same pool.

I'm glad they're doing lots of pre-planning this year!
Its defo a very good sign.

I have a feeling BB8 was holding the fort until the BB-rebirth next year.

n.l.o7
31-08-2007, 12:49 PM
i am in manchester!!!!!!!:colour::elephant:

Kevin
31-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Woop, I'll be popping along to the Newcastle auditions =D

KKBL
31-08-2007, 02:18 PM
this is good i think there going to make BB9 the best ever!!:cheer2:cant wait!!

Matt
31-08-2007, 02:25 PM
All they need to do now is sack executive producer Rebecca De Young, who coincedentally was also the editor of reality TV turkey Celebrity Love Island...

Rory
31-08-2007, 07:42 PM
All they need to do now is sack executive producer Rebecca De Young, who coincedentally was also the editor of reality TV turkey Celebrity Love Island...
...who also worked on BB3 and BB5. Two of the best BB's ever (according to other people).

Scarlett.
31-08-2007, 08:22 PM
They have done it so they dont have to rush through (like this year)

Tom4784
01-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Wooo, Birmingham Audition here I come!

Amy21
01-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Im going to audition in the Manchester auditions :bigsmile:. Wish me good luck everyone :bigsmile:. I will represent Tibb also.

dudul
01-09-2007, 01:18 PM
im going to newcastle but im not 18 till april 15th can i still audition because thats what it sounds like on that information above... i hope sooo!!!

Jack
01-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I might audition for a laugh. I think I could be a good BB housemate. :laugh: My mate auditioned for this year's BB.

Matt
01-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Can I just ask the mods/admins to move this thread to the BB9 forum please?

Thanks!

(And maybe pin it so we have one place to talk about auditions instead of a multitude of threads... :)

Matt
01-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Ooh, that was quick! Thanks!

Matt08
02-09-2007, 12:33 AM
I think the reason behind the earlier auditions is so that the producers have alot more flexibility on making the audition process tougher so that we don't see housemates like Susie (BB7) and Jonty (BB8).

Matt
02-09-2007, 12:34 AM
I thought Jonty was a great housemate!

kevpac
02-09-2007, 09:21 PM
i thought jonty was a great housemate aswell

maybe the reason for early auditions is to c what is required in the new house like wheelchair access etc as there has been rumours for a few years about a wheelchair HM but i dont think any of the recent ones would have been accessible.

Guggsy
04-09-2007, 10:31 PM
hi there i am very interesred in signing upfor big brother 9 as i have yet to see a wheelchair user on it, of which i am. The closest one to me would be london. any idea when the auditions will take place in london and who will i have to inform for wheelchair accesss? .

Sod_James
05-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Guggsy
hi there i am very interesred in signing upfor big brother 9 as i have yet to see a wheelchair user on it, of which i am. The closest one to me would be london. any idea when the auditions will take place in london and who will i have to inform for wheelchair accesss? .

I fink u should apply defo. [sorry cant stop saying that since the twins lol] Having a wheelchair user would be a good idea i fink cos non able body people should have as much chance to go on as people who are able bodied.

Conor
16-09-2007, 09:17 AM
I would audition, but I'm only 13. lol

Good luck to anyone who is!

Shaun
24-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I find it tempting haha, but I'd rather not jeopardise my A Levels :tongue:

cujo-man
24-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by dudul
Im going to newcastle but Im not 18 till april 15th can i still audition because thats what it sounds like on that information above... i hope sooo!!!

Yes.

You have to be 18 in the summer of 2008. April isn't summer.

Good luck! :thumbs:

12bigbrother12
30-09-2007, 11:56 PM
the auditions are next month!!!!! :spin:

Crazy
17-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Just to let people know that ive just seen the new BB auditions advert

KKBL
17-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Crazy

OMG realy yay!!somone probably will youtube it!

Crazy
17-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by CathalOS
Originally posted by Crazy

OMG realy yay!!somone probably will youtube it!

its nothing amazing thats why i havent made a tread about it

richie_w_4ever
24-10-2007, 10:02 PM
The dates and venues are up at last

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=23941

Good luck to everyone who is auditioning

12bigbrother12
26-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Id love to audition, but im too young

Sticks
26-10-2007, 07:11 PM
From the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7063480.stm)

leya0708
03-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I am off to the big brother audition in Birmingham on the 15th Dec who else is going there on that day? Does anyone know what we have to do as soon as we get in the room? And what they might ask of us in the audition? Were we meant to submit a video or something?
x:cheer:

Matt
05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
No, you just turn up and see what they ask. :thumbs:

giggsy28
08-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Want to Be in next year's Big Brother?

The Big Brother auditions are coming to a city near to you and earlier than ever before. If you want to be a Housemate throughout the summer of 2008, you need to go to an open audition in one of the following cities:

Glasgow

Belfast

Birmingham

Cardiff

Dublin

London

Manchester

Newcastle

The Big Brother open audtions will take place on weekends, and will start in the first city on Saturday 24th November 2007, at approximately 9am - details of each audition date and exact location will be announced on this website and on Channel 4, shortly.

Anyone who will be over 18 in the summer of 2008, is eligible to audition. You will need to bring some form of photo ID as proof of your age and identity.

It is usually a long day at auditions so Big Brother urges you to wear something warm, as you may be stood outside for a number of hours - if you are freezing cold this may affect your ability to impress the Producers. If you have a special outfit you want to wear to make an impact, you can always change into it when you get near the front of the queue and are about to audition.

Given the vast amount of people who turn up to audition, Big Brother cannot provide refreshments for everyone, so please bring your own food and non-alchoholic drinks to consume throughout the day.

If you have any special requirements (such as wheelchair access or a signer), Big Brother will be setting up a phone number for access enquiries, details of which will shortly be published on this site.

Big Brother will announce more detailed information regarding auditions at channel4.com/bigbrother over the next few weeks.

Big Brother will get back to you...

Source: channel4.com/bigbrother

Matt
08-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Giggsy, the posted the dates here: http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=23941. They're in Glasgow on the 5th and 6th of January.

farhad
17-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Ex HM to give tips for the audition for BB9

http://www.heatworld.com/Article.aspx?articleid=3149&title=Exclusive+news+about+this+year%e2%80%99s+Big +Brother+auditions

Sticks
17-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by farhad
Ex HM to give tips for the audition for BB9

Current Forum members give tips on how to do links properly (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=72774)

Like here (http://www.heatworld.com/Article.aspx?articleid=3149&title=Exclusive+news+about+this+year%e2%80%99s+Big +Brother+auditions )

Tom
24-11-2007, 01:29 PM

The first series was a big success and regularly beat Big Brother, and dented the ratings for BB6 to the lowest until BB8.

Rebecca De Young was a success on BB3, BB5 and CBB3 but somehow lost her way. Anyway, there is a different production team each year.

Matt
02-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Tom_

The first series was a big success and regularly beat Big Brother, and dented the ratings for BB6 to the lowest until BB8.

Rebecca De Young was a success on BB3, BB5 and CBB3 but somehow lost her way. Anyway, there is a different production team each year.

Celebrity Love Island is widely regarded as a reality TV turkey - and anyone that oversaw the flop that was BB8 never deserves to produce another Big Brother :wink:

Captain.Remy
02-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Wow I forgot about this. I can't belive the auditions have started now !! :bouncy:

SuperNapalm
05-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Heya guys, first time poster here :tongue:
My friend is going to audition in Birmingham next week (I'm not becuase I'd only be 18 about 5 weeks into BB9, my friend is already 18), I just would like some questions answering:

1. There are 2 dates advertised for the Birmingham auditions, can my friend come on the Sunday or is that when the second round of auditions are or something similar? It's just I'd really like to tag along and give my friend some support but I have work on the Saturday.

Next question is only if we can both go Sunday:

2. We're planning to camp overnight, would this be allowed or would we have to find a hotel or come very early Sunday?

Cheers for any help, hope to see some of you guys there :D

Matt
05-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Hey SuperNapalm, welcome to TiBB. In response to your questions:

1. I think the callbacks/second rounds start after all the auditions have taken place, so I'm quite certain that it is two days of auditions.

2. I think you can camp overnight but I'm not sure.

Sorry I can't be more of a help :)

Lauren
06-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Just to let everyone know, I'm 100% definitely doing the auditions this year. :whistle: Wish me luck.

krissybabe06
06-12-2007, 03:36 PM
im well going me, good luck laurenx

Jack
06-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't know whether to go to the London auditions or not.

Lauren
06-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by krissybabe06
Im well going me, good luck laurenx

If you're going to Newcastle ones I'll see you there, ha.

krissybabe06
06-12-2007, 03:47 PM
lol yeah thats where im going haha!!! which ones are you going to?x

Sticks
06-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by krissybabe06
Im well going me, good luck laurenx

If you're going to Newcastle ones I'll see you there, ha.

I'm washing my hair that day

krissybabe06
06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
lol i take it you wouldnt audition then lol!

Sticks
06-12-2007, 04:32 PM
What ever gives you that impression :whistle:

krissybabe06
06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
lol!

Tom
06-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Tom_

Celebrity Love Island is widely regarded as a reality TV turkey - and anyone that oversaw the flop that was BB8 never deserves to produce another Big Brother :wink:

Only the second series was regarded as one. Series 1 regularly drew in 5-6m per night.

suezx
09-12-2007, 07:34 PM
I love that audiotn video that you have posted in the news, be great if more unseen footage is released!

krissybabe06
09-12-2007, 07:36 PM
yeah itll be fab!

KKBL
09-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Jack

you should definetly go.the worst that can happen is you dont get through.

Jack
09-12-2007, 07:45 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna persuade a mate to come with me. Don't fancy going alone. My mate went last year, maybe he'll go again.

Loukas
09-12-2007, 07:52 PM

Yeah, I'm going to persuade a mate to come with me. Don't fancy going alone. My mate went last year, maybe he'll go again.

yeah hopefuly, if you do go BEST OF LUCK JACK :D

Jack
09-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by DoubleTrouble

Yeah, I'm going to persuade a mate to come with me. Don't fancy going alone. My mate went last year, maybe he'll go again.

Haha thanks Loukas! :wink:

Loukas
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by DoubleTrouble

Haha thanks Loukas! :wink:

your welcome jack :bouncy:

starbutcher
14-12-2007, 04:54 PM
i am TOTALLY going to the birmingham one! yippee!

James
14-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Story about Glasgow audition...

Big Bro’s city hunt for housemates

by Sarah Swain

BIG Brother is back and is looking for new housemates in Glasgow.

Producers will audition for potential stars for the 9th series of the show in the city next month.

They are looking for anyone would could bring something extra special to the famous house next summer.
advertisement

A spokesman for the Channel 4 show said: "Big Brother will be looking for the people who stand out from the masses."

Many Scots have made it into the house. Glasgow restaurateur Federico Martone, Glasgow University student Shell Jubin and air steward Jason Cowan from Hamilton took part in the early days.

Last year gay Muslim Shabaz Chauhdry walked out after five days.

The most recent Scottish housemate was Ayr store manager David Parnaby - who was evicted after just a week.

Ex-Glasgow MP George Galloway also appeared on Celebrity Big Brother.

That series was axed after the racism row surrounding the treatment of Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty by housemates Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara.

The auditions will be held on the weekend of January 5 and 6 at the SECC.

Callbacks will take place on January 7.

Ex-housemate Anthony Hutton will give the crowd tips on how to make it into the house.

You must be over 18 to audition and photo ID will be required. Doors open at 8.30am.

Publication date 14/12/07

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.1904952.0.big_bros_city_hunt_for_house mates.php

BOY26
16-12-2007, 07:53 PM

how did ya all get on?
how many people went?

Lauren
16-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Sticks
What ever gives you that impression :whistle:

:nono: I've seen your audition tape from a previous year, Mr. Haha.

Tilly83
16-01-2008, 11:32 AM
God its so scary to think this time on sat il be queuing up for the BB9 auditions in london eekkkkkkkk

Tilly83
16-01-2008, 03:25 PM
whoop i just got a phone call from BB regarding the auditions in feb gotta wait to 25th now to see if i got in still going to the open ones this wkend tho yayayayaya:dance:

NCFCRulz
17-01-2008, 02:05 AM
Go you! lol

I havent heard, sent my online app off on the 5th. Suppose they could have just batched them all up, and do the calls over a few days? Dont really know

Oh well, still be at the London Auditions!

Captain.Remy
17-01-2008, 05:12 AM
Good luck people if you want to audition !!!:spin2:

Loukas
17-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Yeah Good Luck I Can't Wait To Come See How Many People Are There!

Good Luck To Everyone!!!

Tilly83
17-01-2008, 09:18 PM
See you all saturday good luck xx

sugartwinks21
01-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi All im very new to all this i recieved my phone call and email last week about the online applications. Ive never auditioned before what do i have to expect! Thanks:conf:

zzzap
31-03-2008, 04:48 PM
hi big brother 2009
mr david brazier
4 vernon road gospotr
po12 3nt

BGSteve
06-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Hey,

Does anyone know if they let you know anything after the 3rd stage "on cam audition", as after this they just say thanks and let you walk out ?!?!?

Thanks, Ste... :conf:

bb9housemate
12-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey, There was more auditions after thet hun, they should have invited u to c psychologist and psychiatrist, and than for the long tel. conversation... Sorry darling..

Sticks
12-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by bb9housemate
Hey, There was more auditions after thet hun, they should have invited u to c psychologist and psychiatrist, and than for the long tel. conversation... Sorry darling..

Anyone wanting to go one should see a psychiatrist :joker:

Sorry - could not resist that one :whistle:

bb9housemate
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
:laugh3:

Very funny!!
But i totally agree, normal people don't go to such a programs, u have to be emotionally stable and have a strong personality + they have to check if u r not a total freak and won't destroy their reputation.

getoverit!
15-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by bb9housemate

i've been told there was no long tel conversation!? are you telling jackanories? lol :nono:

bb9housemate
16-05-2008, 03:12 PM
What u ve been told and what i ve experienced are 2 different things! :laugh2:

Bathwoo
27-05-2008, 12:38 PM
This thread is full of attention seekers, can you hear the screams of "Love me!" ?

Princess
04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm thinking of auditioning but *copies from DS*

If I have the day off I might go to the Dublin audition for the laugh. It used to be my dream to go on BB and I always said I would audition for BB10. Then I realised I could never survive BB,I get homesick far too easily,I'm really private and I couldn't go without music. And there's the tour in the summer and probably exams.

But now that's it's here I'd feel bad for not auditioning after saying I would for so long.Hmmmmm.

Angel.D
04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by starbutcher
i
am TOTALLY going to the birmingham one! yippee!

I is it on the 15th an 16th lol Angel D :xyxwave:

Angel.D
04-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by leya0708
I am off to the big brother audition in Birmingham on the 15th Dec who else is going there on that day? Does anyone know what we have to do as soon as we get in the room? And what they might ask of us in the audition? Were we meant to submit a video or something?
x:cheer:

I Leya is it on the 15th then i thought it was the 10th lol Angel D :xyxwave:

Angel.D
10-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Can you tell me Jack when it is in London lol Angel D :wink:

Angel.D
10-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Does any one no when Audition is in London lol Angel D