PDA

View Full Version : So what changes are required for BB9?

dupin
01-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Dupin’s BB9 Request List:

1: Make launch night/the housemates the best ever. 15 housemates, eight women, seven men; a collection of interesting people, of all ages, and all background. No housemates that fall under the category “Wouldn’t be a housemate if they weren’t attractive”; any attractive housemates must also have a good personality. Make the ages more varied, with less 18 and 19 year old, and more people in their 30s and 40s. No family members/friends/people that know each other entering together (the twins is a nice touch, but not again). No housemate that will obviously win from the get-go. Less wannabes, more normal, but still interesting housemates. Aside from that, have an amazing launch night twist at the end that will effect the house throughout the week, like in Big Brother 6. Nothing predictable like ‘only one housemate is able to nominate’, or anything similar to a previously done twist.

2: Make the house the best ever. Make it larger, with more secret rooms with different purposes that can be discovered over the series. Have an amazing design; colourful, cool furniture. Make the garden larger, the beds bigger, and a cool hideout place like the caravan. Go back to having nowhere to hide from the other housemates.

3: More regular nominations. A twist should happen in week one, week four, week seven, week nine and week eleven, leaving six weeks of uninterrupted nominations.

4: Make the twists the best ever. If a housemate can easily guess what is up, it’s not a good twist. If it’s been done before, it’s not a good twist. Twists should be completely original – perhaps let a lucky housemate watch the eviction night from a secret room, and find out how the public feel about their fellow housemates. More secret missions should take place, and there should be four or five major twists of the series, that are exciting, foolproof and mess with the housemates’ heads.

5: Make the tasks the best ever. Once again, if it’s been done before, it’s not good to watch. Once again, secret missions are good to watch. Make tasks challenging, but not too challenging. As well as having themed weekly tasks (ei. Pirates, Hospital, Nerd etc.), have some endurance challenges (ei. Sleep Deprivation task). Make the task run from a certain day, to a certain day every week.

6: Sort out the new housemates/second house thing. Add three new housemates around two or three weeks in, and no later. Only use a “House Next Door”/”Halfway House” twist if it is original and won’t fall flat on its face. Make sure that the new housemates aren’t just rejects from launch night – decide the full 18 housemates together, and then choose which would be more interesting to throw in as the house is getting calm. Make sure they stand a chance of succeeding and getting involved. Any new housemates must be in hiding until they go in – from launch night to their entrance, they can’t see anything or know anything about the people they’re meeting.

7: Be fairer with the editing. It’ll never happen, but show things as they happened. Don’t have favourites, and be completely fair. If there is a task everyone is involved in, don’t always show the same person. Have some variety in the people that are shown. BBLB and BBBM must also not be biased – sack Dermot O’Leary and hire somehow who can handle the job efficiently. Hire Alexa Chung or Keith Lemon as the permanent host of BBBM.

8: Be harsher with punishments. Have a strike system – if they discuss nominations once, Big Brother can give them an embarrassing punishment that they see fit – find a weakness in the housemate and use it against them. If they discuss it again, they are banned from nominating. If they discuss it a third time, they face the public vote that week. Every time they discuss it afterwards, is another week they face eviction.

9: Change the deal with the prize money. I want the idea of housemates earning their own prize fund, and only the winner gets their prize fund at the end of it. This way, housemates are competitive in tasks – I would like a Saturday Night Live Task each week where housemates try and earn money towards their own prize fund.

10: Make some carefully decided changes in the format. I can’t say for certain what. Perhaps for one week only, housemates can discuss nominations. Perhaps each week, a housemate is the Head Of Household, and cannot be nominated. After BB4, Big Brother changed the format slightly so that it was more entertaining – now is the time to do that again.

actor
01-09-2007, 12:06 AM
11. Get housemates that are not fans of the show or/and have never even seen the show before so they do not know all the ins and outs of Big Brother (Brian).

12. No self-obsessed fame-seekers (Charley).

Scarlett.
01-09-2007, 12:06 AM
I agree totally!

bringbackscience
01-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by dupin

1: Make launch night/the housemates the best ever. 15 housemates, eight women, seven men; a collection of interesting people, of all ages, and all background. No housemates that fall under the category “Wouldn’t be a housemate if they weren’t attractive”; any attractive housemates must also have a good personality. Make the ages more varied, with less 18 and 19 year old, and more people in their 30s and 40s. No family members/friends/people that know each other entering together (the twins is a nice touch, but not again). No housemate that will obviously win from the get-go. Less wannabes, more normal, but still interesting housemates. Aside from that, have an amazing launch night twist at the end that will effect the house throughout the week, like in Big Brother 6. Nothing predictable like ‘only one housemate is able to nominate’, or anything similar to a previously done twist.

2: Make the house the best ever. Make it larger, with more secret rooms with different purposes that can be discovered over the series. Have an amazing design; colourful, cool furniture. Make the garden larger, the beds bigger, and a cool hideout place like the caravan. Go back to having nowhere to hide from the other housemates.

3: More regular nominations. A twist should happen in week one, week four, week seven, week nine and week eleven, leaving six weeks of uninterrupted nominations.

4: Make the twists the best ever. If a housemate can easily guess what is up, it’s not a good twist. If it’s been done before, it’s not a good twist. Twists should be completely original – perhaps let a lucky housemate watch the eviction night from a secret room, and find out how the public feel about their fellow housemates. More secret missions should take place, and there should be four or five major twists of the series, that are exciting, foolproof and mess with the housemates’ heads.

5: Make the tasks the best ever. Once again, if it’s been done before, it’s not good to watch. Once again, secret missions are good to watch. Make tasks challenging, but not too challenging. As well as having themed weekly tasks (ei. Pirates, Hospital, Nerd etc.), have some endurance challenges (ei. Sleep Deprivation task). Make the task run from a certain day, to a certain day every week.

6: Sort out the new housemates/second house thing. Add three new housemates around two or three weeks in, and no later. Only use a “House Next Door”/”Halfway House” twist if it is original and won’t fall flat on its face. Make sure that the new housemates aren’t just rejects from launch night – decide the full 18 housemates together, and then choose which would be more interesting to throw in as the house is getting calm. Make sure they stand a chance of succeeding and getting involved. Any new housemates must be in hiding until they go in – from launch night to their entrance, they can’t see anything or know anything about the people they’re meeting.

7: Be fairer with the editing. It’ll never happen, but show things as they happened. Don’t have favourites, and be completely fair. If there is a task everyone is involved in, don’t always show the same person. Have some variety in the people that are shown. BBLB and BBBM must also not be biased – sack Dermot O’Leary and hire somehow who can handle the job efficiently. Hire Alexa Chung or Keith Lemon as the permanent host of BBBM.

8: Be harsher with punishments. Have a strike system – if they discuss nominations once, Big Brother can give them an embarrassing punishment that they see fit – find a weakness in the housemate and use it against them. If they discuss it again, they are banned from nominating. If they discuss it a third time, they face the public vote that week. Every time they discuss it afterwards, is another week they face eviction.

9: Change the deal with the prize money. I want the idea of housemates earning their own prize fund, and only the winner gets their prize fund at the end of it. This way, housemates are competitive in tasks – I would like a Saturday Night Live Task each week where housemates try and earn money towards their own prize fund.

10: Make some carefully decided changes in the format. I can’t say for certain what. Perhaps for one week only, housemates can discuss nominations. Perhaps each week, a housemate is the Head Of Household, and cannot be nominated. After BB4, Big Brother changed the format slightly so that it was more entertaining – now is the time to do that again.

good post except the bold, scrap BBBM all together and reinvent BBLB, the current formats are tired.

the_chosen_one
01-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Different personalities to create different storylines.

Same formula as BB 8 and we're rocking.

The size 16 is getting tirersome.... I feel a warning coming on - Red

bringbackscience
01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Get fans involved, hold competitions on the website for fans to think up a tasks and twists. if you get any good entries use them.

Arneldo
01-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Don't make it as long.
Don't introduce loads and loads of new housemates - 1 or 2 will do nicely. We don't need twist after twist - Just one big twist will do.
Have fixed punishments.
No nomination twists.

Jack
01-09-2007, 12:15 AM

Great post dupin! :thumbs:

I agree with everything you have said and by the way I love your sig!

fercho
01-09-2007, 07:03 AM
I totally agree!!! I will also add:

1. HAVE ME AS A HOUSEMATE. To start with I would suggest to the producers to have me on the program and I promise I would make one of the best housemates ever and the best series ever.

2. NO MORE USELESS HIDEN ROOMS. Unless they are usefull and will affect the house, like opening a new room but closing another one. I don't like all the hidden rooms thing, I think it will best just to bring emotions to the edge like nominations face o face or even evictions. Perhaps just one extra room for secret tasks or perhaps a bedsit as BB5 where they can hear everything's happening in the house.

3. BRING BACK "EVIL" BIG BROTHER. I want Big Brother to be more severe and "evil" as he used to be. I didn't like the punishment for Carole, Liam and Ziggy for breaking the rules on the last week, Big Brother should've evicted one of them, not just pretend a nomination, there were several rule breaking times and the punishments were not severe

4. LONG TERM TWISTS. Twists that affect all the series as a little secret like Nadia's on BB5. I think a very good twist that may affect all the series would be to allow housemates to talk about nominations.

5. GOOD CHARACTERS. Having people that are not just ignorant and stupid. Remember people!!, Big Brother is a game show!!! not just a stupid people zoo!!!
I want clever people that can play the game. I am really feed up with "naive" people, gorgeousess or good bodies around.

6. GROWN UPS. More grown ups, people from 24 to 40 should be mayority.

7. NO FAME SEEKERS. I don't want people that are just looking for fame, to develop or increase a career just for being in Big Brother. I am just feed up of this people because they won't last and they don't give anything good to the house.

8. NO FAVOURITISM. It was obvious this year that C4 found fortune with Charley, they knew if she remained in she was going to be nominated and inmediately evicted by the public. They managed the whole "fake nomination"

9. NO MORE FAKING. Having moles, fake housemates is not attractive anymore.

10. A MORE DYNAMIC HOUSE. This house tried too hard to be dynamic, having the bath in the living room was so stupid, I never saw them using it once! the whole idea of having the fridge in the garden was useless. I don't think it made them struggle at all. a house like BB6 with separate living room plus another little room to hide is ideal to let them "bitch around" It is for "viewers" to discover bitching, people acting, game plans, double-faced housemates, not for them

If C4 makes a good selection of people and plan ahead everything they would have a brilliant BB9 and there won't be need of pushing it to the limit so everything won't go wrong as this time. Now they have plenty of time to prepare and do a good selection.

xXxCharlottexXx
01-09-2007, 07:21 AM
The one saying about the bigger house and secret rooms is like the Australian house. And so is earning the money!

geoking66
01-09-2007, 07:43 AM
For me I'd love:

PRE-SEASON
Very short and mysetrious teaser adverts
Brilliant graphics, similar to a mix of the BB6 and BB8 ones
House adverts that barely give away any of the house, BB6 did a great job with obscuring and slicing the house images
Get Phil-Edgar Jones back
Fire almost everyone involved with BB8, especially Rebecca de Young and maybe Angela Jain
Here's a crazy idea that could work: how about giving viewers false information so that launch night is a complete surprise?

LAUNCH
Spend less time with housemates getting into the house so that we can see them interact whilst in there
Let Davina have some more time, she only gets to go on once a week, make the most of it so that she earns the £500,000 that she gets per annum
Give us some sort of completely innovative way of getting the housemates in there. A great example is Big Brother Australia 2003 with two houses. One housemate, Ben, went into one house, with the rest of the housemates entering in limos, with one going on stage and becoming an "official" housemate and the others being told by Big Brother to get back in the car and have them thinking that they're not a housemate (see: BB03AU launch part 2 (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=urYS4SyrXvE))
Give us some weird and awkward moments, before Vanessa entered the BB6 house, they did an unlucky 13 soundtrack with flashing graphics and everyone went silent

HOUSEMATES
Get people with odd and quirky personalities that have weird backgrounds
Choose older housemates that are kind of insane, Lesley this year was a great housemate
Use tougher and longer audition processes to narrow the housemates down, fake housemates who just try to get in will run out of material to use
Psychological screening tests must be more thorough

HOUSE
I'd love an extremely posh house, lots of sharp curves with vibrant colours and ambient lighting
Angle the entrance to the house a little so that the crowd gets a better view of the housemates entering
Use track lighting to a far greater extent as BB6 did, it looks quite elegant
Markus Blee and Patrick Watson should collaborate on the house design (Markus did BB3-BB5, Patrick BB6 to present)
Rather than connecting the houses through the Diary Room and store room, use a corridor door from the entrance as the main way, maybe fake walls that lead to doors that are taken down when housemates enter. The Diary Room should provide secondary access.
Use camera runs to a greater extent, they're quite useful, but don't overdo them as Big Brother Australia has
Don't give us false hopes as we got this year with the door in the vestibule and the target

NOMINATION AND EVICTION TWISTS
Use a year-long twist that is revealed on launch night such as the unlucky 13 or the prize fund in BB5
A nomination twist is nice every once and a while, not every week
Instead of having a housemate move to another house and then adding new housemates as in BB7, have the next door housemates enter a week before the real housemate moves over and then have said housemate evict someone immediately
When doing double evictions, start the show earlier so as to use the 30-minute break, have the first interview to throw the housemates off, and then announce after that interview is over to the house the second interviewee
Replacement housemates should go into hiding two weeks before they enter so that there's more time that they don't know what's going on

SECONDARY SHOWS
Big Brother's Little Brother: keep Dermot but maybe get rid of it one day of the week and restructure it so that there's less goofing around and more about Big Brother
Big Brother's Big Mouth: Pete Burns should become the host. An overwhelming number of people praised Pete on his efforts on Big Mouth, also I'm biased because he's my favourite celebrity housemate.
Big Brother's Evil Brain: Use Davina as the host. A completely new show, Evil Brain dissects Big Brother as a show since 2000, lets us reflect on the previous series of the show, some of the twists, how housemates in the past have coped being in the house, some psychology of the current housemates, and give us hints as to future twists or surprises.

Loukas
01-09-2007, 08:52 AM
housemates

someone like:

Marco (BB6)
Science (BB6)
Kemal (BB6)
Alex (BB3)
Ziggy (BB8)
Derek (BB6)
Gerry (BB8)
Amanda (BB8) BUT THERE NOT TWINS
Sam (BB8) BUT THERE NOT TWINS
Charley (BB8)
Shabnam (BB8)
Emma (BB6)
Kate (BB3)
Nadia (BB6)
Nikki (BB8)

Cody™
01-09-2007, 09:13 AM
I think its fair to say that she show needs a SERIOUS revamp! They have got to reinvent everything!

Captain.Remy
01-09-2007, 09:36 AM
>First of all, the format. I mean, the secondary shows have to be removed and the producers have to create new shows, fresh and creative. For the evictions, they should do something differently, now it's too predictable.

>Secondly, how the show is edited, it would be new and interesting to see Big Brother in a different way, an other angle.

>Normal people, no more mentals, psychos and stuff like that. Just a cast like BB5, 6 and 8. The housemates makes the show so they have to be brilliant and genuine because watching tantrums or stupid games like in BB7 it's not enjoyable.

>More creative twists. I mean the twists in week 1 and 2 of BB8 were rubbish, we have all seen that before. The producers have to refound their creativity like in BB5.

What I'm meaning is that what happen after BB4 could re-happen now, BB5 was a model for the others and they have to change the format and stuff like that, exactly in the same way the did for BB5 in order to keep the viewers on.

And of course, no more winners like Anthony, Pete and Brian !

Nicola
01-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I would say have something like the HND/Halfway House on Launch Night, most of the Housemates will go in on Launch Night but 5 will remain in the other House, and the public vote who goes in the Main House.

Stu
01-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Fire Rebecca De Young as she has no concept of what the Big Brother community actually wants to watch.

Captain.Remy
01-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Message original : Stu
Fire Rebecca De Young as she has no concept of what the Big Brother community actually wants to watch.

Yes C4 should make a new producers team please ! :thumbs:

Stu
01-09-2007, 11:25 AM
THE NINE POINT BIG BROTHER NINE PLAN

Anticipation : Anticipation is going to be harder than ever to create following on from the debacle that was this years Big Brother. First things first - no Big Brother until Big Brother 9. That means no January side show. Its never going to happen , but a full year off may serve the show better in the long run.

Identity : The shows identity needs a complete overhaul in identity more so than previous years. Change the logo template in much the same way that Big Brother 5 did. Change the house completely , evolving past the six room standard of Kitchen/Bathroom/Bedroom/Diary Room/Garden/Main area.

Build Up : Build it up as something new and something fresh. This actually requires something new and fresh. Design adverts that dont give too much away - but hint at quiet a lot. Get rid of public bane for the show. Make adverts that dont just make people go 'Oh christ that crap is back'.

Production : Fire Rebecca De Young , as has been mentioned. Fire Dermot. Hire Grahame Norton. Your not going to get rid of Davina - so have them co-host the show , switching back and forth between presenters in the camera runs and outside. Roll the Phychology show in with Big Brothers Little Brother and make it an hour broadcast at 7. The Big Brothers Big Mouth format remains good - but it needs a new , fresh face much in the same guise as Russel to get people watching it again.

Auditions : Audition twice as more people in twice as more cities. Weed out the bad.

Controversy : Create it. The good kind. Big Brother needs controversy.

The Prize Fund: Does anybody honestly take it seriously or care for it anymore? It just seems like a long forgotten bonus you get for winning the show. Change that. Offer the winner half a million.

Stress Voting and Interactivity : Get people involved more - this will require a good bunch of....

Housemates : How about a loud , outspoken , common-joe builder father of four people can relate to but will also start arguments? Less glamour gals , less freaks. You can still have entertaining housemates - just go for ones that people can relate to. Dont put in a clear favourite. Put in a diverse mix of age.

Jack
01-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Stu

Anticipation : Anticipation is going to be harder than ever to create following on from the debacle that was this years Big Brother. First things first - no Big Brother until Big Brother 9. That means no January side show. Its never going to happen , but a full year off may serve the show better in the long run.

Identity : The shows identity needs a complete overhaul in identity more so than previous years. Change the logo template in much the same way that Big Brother 5 did. Change the house completely , evolving past the six room standard of Kitchen/Bathroom/Bedroom/Diary Room/Garden/Main area.

Build Up : Build it up as something new and something fresh. This actually requires something new and fresh. Design adverts that dont give too much away - but hint at quiet a lot. Get rid of public bane for the show. Make adverts that dont just make people go 'Oh christ that c**p is back'.

Production : Fire Rebecca De Young , as has been mentioned. Fire Dermot. Hire Grahame Norton. Your not going to get rid of Davina - so have them co-host the show , switching back and forth between presenters in the camera runs and outside. Roll the Phychology show in with Big Brothers Little Brother and make it an hour broadcast at 7. The Big Brothers Big Mouth format remains good - but it needs a new , fresh face much in the same guise as Russel to get people watching it again.

Auditions : Audition twice as more people in twice as more cities. Weed out the bad.

The Prize Fund: Does anybody honestly take it seriously or care for it anymore? It just seems like a long forgotten bonus you get for winning the show. Change that. Offer the winner half a million.

Stress Voting and Interactivity : Get people involved more - this will require a good bunch of....

Housemates : How about a loud , outspoken , common-joe builder father of four people can relate to but will also start arguments? Less glamour gals , less freaks. You can still have entertaining housemates - just go for ones that people can relate to. Dont put in a clear favourite. Put in a diverse mix of age.

I agree with everything apart from Grahame Norton. He lost his spark years ago. We need someone fresh. And an overtly camp front man is hardly going to expand the audience who already think the show's for women or gay men.

Captain.Remy
01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Message original : Stu

Build Up : Build it up as something new and something fresh. This actually requires something new and fresh. Design adverts that dont give too much away - but hint at quiet a lot. Get rid of public bane for the show. Make adverts that dont just make people go 'Oh christ that c**p is back'.

Can't agree more ! :hugesmile:

bringbackscience
01-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Stu
Hire Grahame Norton.

Please god no. I agree a change is presenters is needed but please not Grahame Norton.

Personally some up and coming relatively unknown person would be a better choice.

Stu
01-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Any suggestions for presenters? You have all soured me off Norton now :tongue:.

KKBL
01-09-2007, 12:00 PM
fearne cotton or thiaila zuchi!

Xander
01-09-2007, 12:53 PM
1. Why make the house smaller every year?? it doesn't cause a atmosphere, and they could do some much mroe interesting things if the house was bigger, and make the garden bigger.

2. Let the housemates discover secret room/rooms, and give them clues. Not like the washing room.

3. Choose a range of interesting housemates and big charecters like in BB7/BB6, because at the end of the day they make big brother watchable or not.

4. Housemates have there own sort of bak account that they will win, they all start off with a certain sum of money and that can be deducted if they brake rules etc.

5.The task should be individual and sometimes as groups, so they can earn money to the final some of money.

Matt
01-09-2007, 01:06 PM

14 housemates: 7 women, 7 men. I don't want to see any majority genders in the house unless it is the result of a public vote (e.g. housemates voting out a man, leaving 7 women, 6 men). A more diverse bunch of housemates is in order. Don't banish the freaks, but don't have too many of them. BB5 is widely regarded as one of the best series ever, but I wouldn't exactly class the BB5 housemates as normal. No obvious winner is fundamental.

Make it larger, but don't make it obvious on first glance. Smaller houses create more tension. The house needs more soundproofing. ...and a cool hideout place like the caravan. Go back to having nowhere to hide from the other housemates. - don't these two sentences contradict each other?

I agree that nominations should happen normally more often, though I don't think I'll dictate when twists should happen, as long as there's not one after another.

Totally agree. I love a good twist - they make the show exciting - but BB8 saw far too many bad twists. They do need to be foolproof and original. Lots of thought needs to be put in to them. More secret missions is a good idea.

I totally agree.

I'm not against new housemates coming in, at least before the mid point of the series. Again though, no majority genders: send in a group of 4 - 2 female, 2 male. A new group within the first half of the series is good: otherwise, new housemates should only be brought in as replacements to old ones should they walk or be ejected. Some very good points were made there, such as keeping potential newbies in hiding.

I agree with the editing bit. They need to show less favouritism. DON'T sack Dermot O'Leary, or any of the original presenting crew, but tell them that they can't be biased. Keith Lemon would be the perfect new host for BBBM.

Good idea. They need to be much harsher with punishments. Though I do think they should allow housemates to discuss nominations.

More good ideas. I also think they should up the main prize fund to £250,000 (or possibly more), or at least tell the housemates they are upping it. It has the potential to cause mayhem.

I would like to see some changes in the format, but I don't think we should copy ideas from international Big Brothers.

dupin
01-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Should this be moved to the BB9 section?

Sam!
01-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow lol, can you email ideas to BB?

Retroman
08-09-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't believe in an increased amount of older people...
I think Big Brother having Carole/Jonty/Lesley, as well as Tracey/Ziggy was an appropriate amount of slightly/very older housemates.

There's a decreased chance for a love story, or physical activity and fun, dancing and songs etc if older people are there. It would detract from the house overall in my opinion.

My only recommendations are that they come up with new and exciting ideas/twists, and entertaining tasks.

As well as keeping the length as long as possible, 13 weeks was amazing in my opinion..even though their are rumours of them bringing it down to as little as 6 weeks.

Jeremy
08-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Honestly...I say don't try to make the show something explosive and major because that is when people/shows fail the most.

Stop putting so many housemates into the house and then having six in the finale.

Go down to four...that way on their exit their interviews can be nice and more time can be spent with them. They've been in that house all summer...its the least BB can do :P

I'd almost change the way nominations are done: 2 points for one housemate, 1 point for another housemate. That way it does spice some things up and it might give a good variation on who could/would be nominated.

I enjoyed the rich/poor divide. When things like that are introduced, psychological decompression begins to set in and the people start to think differently and can completely affect the game!

Bring in people who are entertaining but have some substance as well...

Raise the prize money...have punishments that could be entertaining to watch as well...do an elevator (like others have mentioned) instead of doing the stairs for evictions!!

Fanboy_Luke
08-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Fewer tasks - stuff like the time machine and Big Brother's birthday bored me to tears. I watch BB for the interaction between the housemates not this carry-on nonsense.

Under no-circumstances make a half way house!!

Cast three-dimesional, rounded (and slightly extraordinary) people rather than one trick ponies like Tracy that get tiresome after opening night.

Anyone who goes on about how 'eccentric' or 'weird' they are in their audition should be immediately ejected. they usually turn out to be total duds.

I still can't work out what Nicky or Laura could possibly have said in their auditions to get selected.

dupin
08-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Fanboy_Luke
I still can't work out what Nicky or Laura could possibly have said in their auditions to get selected.

I think they chose Nicky because she appeared miserable, and hated men (a good quality for an all-female house), and Laura because she seemed kind, funny, and a bit ditzy...

Conor
09-09-2007, 06:05 PM
These are all really good ideas!

Redmond
14-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Use BBUSA rules that will be all that is needed to make BB9 fresh, exciting and to create public interest like never before.

Obviously I don't mean copy exactly, but stuff like allowing nomination discussion, have a Head of House task every Saturday night live with the HOH then having the power to replace one of the nominees. Nominations still take place as normal, except the HOH doesn't have to nominate and can't be nominated but as I said has to then replace one of the nominees. This will ensure that things aren't always predictable, it ensures that groups will continually change depending on who is HOH and who is nominated, this way you don't just have one strong group picking off the weaker housemates. It will encourage game play, make people admit that they want to win, attract a different set of housemates people who are in it to play and not just for fame and also adapting those rules around the public vote will get people more involved in the show than they have been for years.

HOH could be like the USA one where they get special priviledges for the week, like a kingsize bed, letter from home and a luxury food budget.

Oh and once these rules are in place STICK WITH THEM FOR THE FULL 13 WEEKS. Don't change them on a weekly basis in order to get the results that BB want, just set up the new rules and run with it, that way everyone would have a fair chance of winning.

dupin
14-09-2007, 08:02 PM
I think that's a great idea, BBLP!

BBDodge
16-09-2007, 12:24 PM
10 week run.

No latecomers except to replace walkers.

No fiddling with nominations, except that 3 or more should face the vote each week.

No more Dermot plugging his favourites.

No more Big Mouth at all.

Weekly tasks to affect the prize fund, not the food budget. Food arguments are so tiresome.

No more SE London It girls, or It girls and boys from anywhere else.

Ross
07-10-2007, 09:46 PM

(Y)!!

podge2007
24-10-2007, 03:16 PM
The first eviction shouldn't be until at least 3 or 4 weeks as this would allow bigger characters to stay longer, give some people more time to come out of their shells(we'll never know what Mary or Bonnie may have been like if they'd lasted longer), avoid the need to bring in so many latecomers and if there is really annoying housemates the other housemates will be stuck with them and won't be able to nominate them for ages. What's the point of evicting someone after only a week anyway?

richie_w_4ever
01-11-2007, 03:10 PM
My recommendations

Weed out the wannabes. Put people in there who want the experience and not people who are looking to advance their media careers

No housemates with professional representation, ie promo girls, models, failed pop stars, etc.

Keep twists fresh and unexpected so we don't get any mouth almighty Carole types who will second guess BB and ruin everything

More difficult and challenging tasks

No bringing back ex housemates for any amount of time, once they are gone whether they walked or evicted they are gone

No last minute manipulation to keep the producers favourites in with some silly little twist, if they are up for the vote they are up for the vote

Fair editing of all housemates not just the ones who the producers think we want to see evicted or win

Tougher implementation of the rules even for the minor rule breaks such as not getting to the sofas when called the first time of asking

No contact with the outside world, chuck out the newbies who talk about the outside world no matter how long they have been there

Midweek double eviction in the final week so there are only 4 left for the Friday finale and the interviews on final night are not rushed through

10-15 minutes for each housemates nominations, also gather them back on the sofa instead of letting them loaf around and sleep

3 strike rule for those who ask to leave and then change their mind

And a new one for next year - If you walk, you DON'T get rewarded with any media exposure and only get invited back for the final night

Matt
05-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by richie_w_4ever
And a new one for next year - If you walk, you DON'T get rewarded with any media exposure and only get invited back for the final night

Unfortunately, the producers cannot influence how the media cover the show. Big Brother himself is also guilty, by asking these housemates back onto BBLB and BBBM. The public are intrested in hearing what the walkers have to say for themselves.

cujo-man
10-11-2007, 09:09 AM
How about the fact that evictions are just things added onto the highlights on Friday?

Evictions suck nowadays, as does the final. I think on eviction nights there should be a two part highlight show and then stuff like they used to do, like interviewing the housemates' families etc.

Sunny_01
26-11-2007, 01:48 PM
I like a lot of these suggestions and feel that if taken on board could really enhance the next BB.

I particularly like the idea of using a similar style to that used in BBUSA. The rules are great and should be stuck with and not chopped about with to suit certain people. This year was really poor in that they allowed certain members to get away with far to much, like Charley and her constant talk about nominations, last year she would have been out of there.

Nicky.
26-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I think it needs some genuine peeps - not ones who are dying for fame !!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Tom
06-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Not a lot actually needs to be done, its more undoing the mess that BB8 created.

1) Scale the show back to 10-11 weeks. People lose interest after about 8 or 9 and it gets a bit boring. Having it on for 13 weeks is way too long, and people actually entered the HWH around 60 days in ... almost the whole series of the first 4.

2) 14 housemates maximum to enter on launch night. Any other housemates must either come in on their own or as a replacement, preferably none entering after day 40. In other words, no second house where housemates have to earn their place. It was good in BB6 but the novelty worn off.

3) Twists that affect the whole series, and no twists interferring with nominations. If they are going to bother doing a twist, there is no point in it only affecting the following 3 days otherwise it is just pointless. Interferring with nominations causes the wrong people to go which is unfair.

4) Vote to save. Until BB8, I hugely opposed the vote to save as vote to evict is iconic of Big Brother but by doing a vote to save, all of the boring characters go and the Grace/Charley types have greater chance of survival to make more entertainment.

5) Make eviction nights special again. BBLB has stolen the eviction features such as pleas from f&f, so now all evictions are is Davina stood on the stage reading numbers out every 10 minutes, and giving a little overview of what has happened. It doesn't feel like an event anymore. Also, double evictions. I would limit them to 1 a series and they come out seperately to their own response and get their own interview unlike the Tracey/Kara Louise fiasco.

6) Good mix of housemates. BB8 played it a little safe whereas looking back to BB5-BB7, most of the characters were extremely clashing, very big and great entertainment. They were also risky and controversial which is what Big Brother is all about.

7) Big Brother needs his authority back. He has lost it in the past couple of years whereas years ago Big Brother was a respected figure. Now the housemates go into the diary room calling him and get away with it.

Things to add:

1) £500,000 prize for the winner. It will make winning more worthwhile and make people want to win

2) Personal banks. Reward housemates for participation in tasks giving them their own fund which could go up to £50,000. For rule breaks, take money away.

3) Tweak the format. Not radically overhaul it but bring in elements from Big Brother's around the world such as Head of Household from BB USA/BB Brazil. It will put the game playing back into Big Brother.

MR.K!
16-12-2007, 08:14 PM
they need to think ORIGIANALY with the planning of tasks... bring back live tasks.... let davina tour the house and the studios like previous big brothers.. no twists with the prise fund or new housemates.. it would be great to see a housemate go to bbau for real !!! bigger house... better housemates...
They also need to FIRE the whole team including whoever barfed bb8's house design up.. they need to employ a team of young and creative people who are soley responsible for thinking up tasks and setting them... there needs to be more bb adverts on a bigger scale like billboards.. taxis, busses and other tv channels... or even cinema IN FACT ANYTHING WILL MAKE THE SHOW BETTER THAN BB8 !!!!i really hope a c4 worker is reading this !!!!

liam_bigbrother
09-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by bringbackscience
Originally posted by Stu
Hire Grahame Norton.

Please god no. I agree a change is presenters is needed but please not Grahame Norton.

Personally some up and coming relatively unknown person would be a better choice.

Barbie
11-02-2008, 03:24 PM
BB is in need of a serious revamp but it would be difficult
i think the house needs to get bigger, but not loads like the US house because that is too big. and i agree we need to get away from the bedroom, kitchen, main area, bathroom, diaryroom and garden typical design.
Big brother needs to get tougher on those housemates they r walking all over big brother with breaking the rules we need them to be scared of breaking the rules again.
if they insit on 2 houses use them at the start let the 2 houses not know about eachother both thinking they are in the real house, with 8 in one and 8 in the other, then evict 4 and combine the houses this should create tension between the 2 groups as one is going to invade another groups space. i dont want to see the 2 house thing again it has been done too many times.
keep it to 4 housemates on the final i think it was better that way
no newcomers unless there are walkers and BB needs to stick to the rules of BB unless they are going to get worse

i really dont know what to do to BB but it needs to be changed somehow and like the patterns say BB4- naff BB5-good! so BB8 naff BB9 good!
a big shake up on the show should re invent it and bring its rating back up

Christina
16-02-2008, 10:51 AM
That sounds good maybe they could add past housemates along with normal housemates to get the house going lol (but ones that got evicted e.g Grace, Charley, Latoya) x

cujo-man
16-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by x-kween-dilemma-x
That sounds good maybe they could add past housemates along with normal housemates to get the house going lol (but ones that got evicted e.g Grace, Charley, Latoya) x

Oh yea, Latoya would really get the house moving.:rolleyes:

Stu
16-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by cujo-man
Originally posted by x-kween-dilemma-x

Oh yea, Latoya would really get the house moving.:rolleyes:
Yeah. To the pool. In an attempt to drown themselves.

*mazedsalv**
16-02-2008, 02:50 PM
11 or 12 weeks is good.I would love it for longer but then other people watching will get bored.But for me, if its a good series, I would never get bored.

eg.I could of watched 3 months of BBCH because I loved lots of the Hms.

MrGaryy
01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Housemates that will make me laugh like Jade, Emma and Kemal. Also, Bring back secret missions with small but nice rewards (like parties - no free passes or anything!).

Callum
01-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Housemates that are more interested in playing the game, than making friends.
i.e Someone like Daniele BB8US

jimmytubbs
14-04-2008, 08:32 PM
All think bb9 should be is interesting and have twists that make you wait

that sort of thing

:banana::spin2:

PleasurePrinciple
23-04-2008, 02:25 PM
When dos it actually start?

Xander
23-04-2008, 02:27 PM
I do want a couple of game players but not virtually all of them like BBUSA, infact I want BB9 to be completely opposite to BBUSA.

^^ Nobody knows yet, no confirmed date.

Brekkie
26-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Lots of things covered here. One thing I'll say is that producers must have complete confidence in the format - and remember Big Brother is bigger than any housemate.

Last year they were obviously absolutely petrified of losing Charley, but failed to acknowledge that just like we'd seen with big characters before, when they get evicted it opens up the opportunity for other housemates to become bigger characters.

Let the show pan out as naturally as possible - don't be afraid of the eviction process.

AlexBigBrother
29-04-2008, 09:10 PM
wot was so crap about bb8, i thought it was class, loved liam and the twins! great fun atmosphere

Kylie89
04-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Interesting posts. also could we have a cover outside so during the evictions we don't get wet

Hugo
04-05-2008, 02:22 PM
A huge advertising campaign starting in about two weeks time that includes multi channel advertising (ITV ect.) nationwide billboards, radio adverts. Also something I think would be good is if one night they got say one thousand stickers of the eye and just stuck them randomly across London on walls and the floor and stuff.

Kylie89
04-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by tooperfect
A huge advertising campaign starting in about two weeks time that includes multi channel advertising (ITV ect.) nationwide billboards, radio adverts. Also something I think would be good is if one night they got say one thousand stickers of the eye and just stuck them randomly across London on walls and the floor and stuff.

Yeh that would be awesome :laugh:

dylissimo
04-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Personally I prefer younger contestants.

I've had this idea since I watched the American version one year that BB UK should do it US style one year where they are allowed to discuss nominations and form alliances and stuff because I think that would be great and would really shake things up. Of course they could probably still work in the public voting because that is a big part of the UK show.

GiGi
04-05-2008, 09:44 PM
let the show take its course.

have all great housemates that will go together to create tension/love etc.

no set of new people/ secret houses! only bring new housemates in if somebody walks out/ is ejected!

interesting/ more challenging tasks

higher prize fund

Barbie
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Make them work for the prize fund they gave up too quickly on tasks last year!!

ChelseaFan
12-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by bringbackscience
Get fans involved, hold competitions on the website for fans to think up a tasks and twists. if you get any good entries use them.
Fandabidoozie idea. I agree totally with that

supergirthuk
12-05-2008, 05:30 PM
I want BB to get cruel this year.
I want them to enforce the rules ie any nomination talk straight eviction. Lets see some seriously tough tasks.
I would like them all to be given physically/mentally hard jobs within the house and if they did not fulfil the requirements then punishment maybe solitary confinement. Lets deprive them of things if they fail. If they work hard/well then reward them.
A good twist could be all single beds in an individual single cell, all allocated maybe perspex so that they can see but not touch.
Lets have some really strict rules on swearing, performing/play acting, touching.

Let boost the money but let them have to earn it.

I believe people are getting fed up with the wannaBeBes. They seem to be cloning them from nicky. Lets have some strong people and lets really test them.

Bigbrotherin
15-05-2008, 08:28 PM
1. More interactivity
2. Shorter highlight shows all at the same time
3. Less spin offs
4. More interesting tasks
5. Less twists

LaLaLand
17-05-2008, 10:05 PM
1. Interesting yet diverse housemates. By interesting I don't mean boring, intelligent people. But people who can make you sit and watch for hours on end.
2. Live tasks. Bring these back! I used to love watching the tasks in BB5 especially, I always remember the hanging off the bar over the nettles one, really made me feel for them! When they're shown in the highlights show, the favoured housemates are shown, whereas others are not alot of the time, which I think is unfair.
3. Less 'twists'. Ok, once every three weeks should do it, that's only if it is one hell of a twist, by that meaning it really shakes things up. No, ~not~ another House Next Door, please.

amobatty
21-05-2008, 08:17 AM
hi i have watched big brother from the first series, my fav has to be bb3, lots of different characters,the rich and the poor side, loads a different tasks, not to many fights, but what fights there were, were funny, the things they got up, Jade and her i thought East Angia was part of london, Alex well NO PEEING IN THE SHOWER, just great entertainment, I for one am just looking forward to a good laugh

victuscarolus
21-05-2008, 10:57 AM

1. Yes, I hated the start of last year's Big Bro, when it was all women. Completely put me off watching it from the getgo. Definitely no family/friends. That defeats the purpose of it. And obviously there needs to be a twist at the start, and not a predictable one.

2. Ugh no more secret rooms, please! I'm sick of them :cloud: The house should be smaller imo, so there is nowhere for any of them to go and cannot get away from people they hate!

3. Definitely agree with regular nominations. Too many twists spoil it.

4. Agree, but again, too many twists is a bad thing imo. 4 or 5 really excellent twists throughout the series will make it a memorable one.

5. Yes, tasks should be frequent and regular, both challenging and fun.

6. Don't add new people, unless it's really absolutely necessary. New people always tend to irritate me. And they should be in hiding as well.

7. Yeah they should keep the show unbiased. Btw Dermot isn't presenting BBLB anymore, so you're in luck.

8. Definitely harsher punishments - makes brilliant viewing.

9. Yeah they should earn their money. Or start with a total and knock it off everytime they misbehave. They'll earn millions in any case.

10. Format changes, hmm not necessary imo. That would basically be a twist really.

Great post btw!

Kylie89
21-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I think they should let us choose the tasks get us to vote on certain tasks they do that would be interesting

Charleywasmad
21-05-2008, 01:59 PM
BB 9 has to have a house FULL of good 'all rounders'. Yes Liam was a handsome fella but he was boring as sin. Charley was way too aggresive, im all for the fights and the bitching but she was really vicious. We dont need house mates like these because they work as a negative.

CWM

bendebt
22-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Get some good housemates lol

Magic
25-05-2008, 02:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9YroHiImlo

This is what we need, a no messing big brother!

Skip to 7 minutes!

Bathwoo
25-05-2008, 05:03 PM
They need to actually punish people for doing wrong, not let them carry on because it get viewing figures. They make rules so stand by them. Also get real people in there, everyday people that you may meet in the street. Not people so focused on wanting fame, they will flash there boobs, jump under the duvet for a snog, and then get out of the house and survive on there five seconds of fame.

Magic
26-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Sprinklers to stop them relaxibng in the garden (BB5)
Alarms whenever they sleep (BB5)

lauracook
28-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Bring back saturday night tasks!

Make them work for their money, They gave up on tasks WAY too easy last year.

ross-oaft
29-05-2008, 04:41 PM
another fake eviction!! that was so amazing, was at the edge of my seat through the whole time.

sims2bbfan
31-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Halfway through the series they need to put the 2 people who hate each other the most into a different house.

Amberleaf
01-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Love love love these ideas. All the best housemates have fallen in the past to some dufus who won it.
BB is becoming a national treasure an must improve with age and not go down the pan.
Like to see the return of the extra prizemoney won early on,it changed the dynamics in the house.

can't wait for BB9:banana:

BB9boro
01-06-2008, 10:41 AM
totally agree with all ^
also think they should introduce more direct competition so they can all show their true selves. like have a task for the shopping and a task to get something just for the winning housemate,

everyone needs a good bit of compition:banana:

bigbrotherproduction
01-06-2008, 11:06 AM
all those in favour of scrapping bbbm say i ( reply )

silverlady
02-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Lets keep those who entertain us in the house this year? Those who annoy will continue to entertain regardless, and tbh we love to see conflict?
Vote out the boring housemates regardless of how nice they appear? nothing more boring than... everyone friends by week 5??

kesliestanley
03-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Nickyy
I think it needs some genuine peeps - not ones who are dying for fame !!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: True so very true :thumbs::thumbs:

BB9boro
04-06-2008, 11:07 AM
me thinks silverlady has a good point, we love to hate all those people that do our heads in we don't want them to win but we want to be entertained till the end, bring on the bitches, witches and slime balls then kick em out in the last week

LaPhantom09
04-06-2008, 11:19 AM
"Hire Keith Lemon as the permanent host of BBBM. "

Nooooooooooooooooooooo !
That would be enough for me never to watch again