PDA

View Full Version : Why Big Brother IX went pear shaped

Sticks
02-09-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.newscientist.com/blog/lastword/uploaded_images/070905_shapely_pear-776051.jpg

I just thought I would get this in before anyone else "pipped" me to the post :wink:

It is kind of a tradition that I assume it is panned before it starts.

Assuming it does not go the way of the CBB and get cancelled :shocked:

Sticks
13-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Lots of potential now as to why BB IX went pear shaped, the theme was one (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=82521)

Barbie
13-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Whats BB IX ?

AlexBigBrother
13-05-2008, 07:41 AM
BB IX means bb9

dont u mean bb8 - VIII

Sticks
13-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by AlexBigBrother
BB IX means bb9

dont u mean bb8 - VIII

Nope - That was this thread (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=55290)

:whistle:

Tom
13-05-2008, 03:47 PM
I really don't get why people are writing BB9 off already. BB8 was bad but each year they change the production team. At least reserve your opinion until official information has been released and wait until launch night. Then come back and say why it will fail.

Matt
13-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Sticks

Assuming it does not go the way of the CBB and get cancelled

You are aware CBB is returning in January? :tongue:

Stu
13-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by AlexBigBrother
BB IX means bb9

dont u mean bb8 - VIII
Nope , he means BB9. Yes , this thread is predicting that a show weeks away from even airing will fail. Im confused too.

GiGi
13-05-2008, 03:51 PM
what the hell is the point to this thread... its not very intellectual to take things that have not yet happened yet and talk about them in the past! Seriously.... what kind of discussion is this!!!

Well maybe It went pair shaped to to a lack of hope??

Stu
13-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by GiGi
what the hell is the point to this thread... its not very intellectual to take things that have not yet happened yet and talk about them in the past! Seriously.... what kind of discussion is this!!!

On the off chance that it does fail , then the topic creator will apeear wise by matter of pure coincidence.

Im guessing thats the motivation. That , or a career in fortune telling is being sought.

Fat.Rat
13-05-2008, 03:55 PM
why do people feel the need to kill things all the time!!!!

GiGi
13-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Morpheus

On the off chance that it does fail , then the topic creator will apeear wise by matter of pure coincidence.

Im guessing thats the motivation. That , or a career in fortune telling is being sought.

yeah... i think that's what its about... trying to appear more intelligent...as to be honest... he doesn't look much like a fortune teller!!

GiGi
13-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Fat.Rat.Sneez

im not killing it... it just annoys me when people are so morbid!

Barbie
13-05-2008, 03:57 PM

Im guessing thats the motivation. That , or a career in fortune telling is being sought. [/quote]

Does that mean if i make a post saying why BB9 was a success now... when BB9 is over i can take credit for it and seem wise lol
hmm tempting!

GiGi
13-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Barbie-big-bro

Does that mean if i make a post saying why BB9 was a success now... when BB9 is over i can take credit for it and seem wise lol
hmm tempting! [/quote]

ha ha!!! lol!!!

Fat.Rat
13-05-2008, 04:00 PM

Im not killing it... it just annoys me when people are so morbid! no, i didn't mean you, i meant the guy who stared this thread, hes putting downers on bb already.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

GiGi
13-05-2008, 04:19 PM

Im not killing it... it just annoys me when people are so morbid! no, i didn't mean you, i meant the guy who stared this thread, hes putting downers on bb already.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Ohhh right... sorry mate!

Sticks
13-05-2008, 04:22 PM
All the big brothers to date have had pretty big SNAFU's

These threads are an annual tradition since I think at least BB III, I set them up to discuss why the best Big Brother ever, as billed by C4 / Endemol failed to live up to expectations.

They are always started ahead of time, to get them ready. Last year was kind of unique because we could see in advance how BB would be impacted, thanks to the CBB debacle, and to some extent this proved to be the case.

And no I am not into fortune telling, mearly being an analyst.

Stu
13-05-2008, 04:38 PM
And you have all those BB9 tapes to analyse?

Callum
13-05-2008, 04:39 PM
What you on about Sticks :conf2:

Tom
13-05-2008, 04:54 PM
All the big brothers to date have had pretty big SNAFU's

These threads are an annual tradition since I think at least BB III, I set them up to discuss why the best Big Brother ever, as billed by C4 / Endemol failed to live up to expectations.

They are always started ahead of time, to get them ready. Last year was kind of unique because we could see in advance how BB would be impacted, thanks to the CBB debacle, and to some extent this proved to be the case.

I'd love to know how you can analyse something thats not even happened yet.

Sticks
13-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Try Trend analysis

James
13-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Sticks does this every year lol. It is a tradition. :dance2:

I did a quick search... :whistle:

8 - http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=55290

7 - http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40108

6 - http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31349

5 - http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28969

4 - http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26329

3 - http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1007

Tom
13-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Try Trend analysis

What from? A trend of 1 series? Discounting all silly spin offs, BB7 was 2 years ago and is the third most successful in BB history. BB5 was just two before that and was the second most successful. BB3 was two years before that and was the most successful.

Theres a little trend analysis for you to think about.

Shaun
13-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Bloody hell, he's just making a prediction.

Makes a welcome change from all the "OMG BIG BROTHER IS GONNA BE AWESOME I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"s.

Tom
13-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Shaun
bl***y hell, he's just making a prediction.

Makes a welcome change from all the "OMG BIG BROTHER IS going to BE AWESOME I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"s.

I accept that, and those threads annoy me too. I don't get how anyone can make a prediction on whether the series is going to be good or bad just because they know what the eye looks like and because of a few aerial shots of the garden. The mind boggles, it really does.

The fact is that whether BB9 is good or bad, there will be critics. And whether it is good or bad, nobody will realise until the series is well over and people take a nostalgic look back.

Stu
13-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Tom_
Originally posted by Shaun
bl***y hell, he's just making a prediction.

Makes a welcome change from all the "OMG BIG BROTHER IS going to BE AWESOME I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"s.

I accept that, and those threads annoy me too. I don't get how anyone can make a prediction on whether the series is going to be good or bad just because they know what the eye looks like and because of a few aerial shots of the garden. The mind boggles, it really does.

The fact is that whether BB9 is good or bad, there will be critics. And whether it is good or bad, nobody will realise until the series is well over and people take a nostalgic look back.
Plus with a long running , 24/7 show the nature of Big Brother , their is bound to be one or two mistakes. All things considered , all but one or two series have been fine viewing. It would be unfair to lambast C4/Endemol over small little problems.

However , as this thread is a long running tradition , ill let the predictions of innevitable doom fly over my head. Fair play on making the thread each and every year.

And from all of us who plan on watching and enjoying the series , lets hope this thread is as wrong as can be :thumbs:.

Magic
23-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Found it!

Hmm.....
Bex going :P
Nicole.....
To long a run!

Else, GREAT series!

Indierock&roll
24-10-2008, 05:16 PM
big brother went pear shaped when rachel won..
was a great series could of had a great winner but we got rachel as winner :bored:

Sam1994
24-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Indierock&roll
was a great series could of had a great winner but we got rachel as winner :bored:

I know, it's great to have such a lovely person win.

Anyway, this is my favourite series of them all. Nothing pear shaped about this series.

Annie
24-10-2008, 06:20 PM

I think it started to get dull also because the main exciting "watchable" characters left early on e.g. Mario, Bex, Syvlia

After they went it was dull and fairy tale lala land.

Locke.
24-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Best Big Brother ever. Even the housemates that I hate contributed to the series in some way, and because I watched the live feed so much I felt like I knew most of the housemates :laugh: But yeah, I only had one problem with this series, it happened on Day 37 and was the biggest mistake in Big Brother history.

Annie
24-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by David_Purdy
Best Big Brother ever. Even the housemates that I hate contributed to the series in some way, and because I watched the live feed so much I felt like I knew most of the housemates :laugh: But yeah, I only had one problem with this series, it happened on Day 37 and was the biggest mistake in Big Brother history.

Dont tell us.. Mario was evicted?

Sam1994
24-10-2008, 06:27 PM

I know. Mario shouldn't have gone. He was much more entertaining than Bex.

Sam!
24-10-2008, 06:30 PM

Mario was an utter s**te. :thumbs:

Locke.
24-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Scampi

Mario was an utter s**te. :thumbs:

A what?

And 14 million people disagree :laugh:

Indierock&roll
24-10-2008, 08:04 PM
i didnt like mario until he was evicted and realised he was actually brilliant!
"mikeys got a disability open your eyes"
"everyone health and safety is paramount"
"i just faciliate.."

ledge

BB_Eye
24-10-2008, 10:59 PM
- Stupid, ill-conceived secret mission in the first week putting four of the best housemates up for eviction. Just think how different the series would have been if they had passed this task or not being given it at all. Steph, Luke, Mario and Lisa would have stayed, Alexandra would have been nommed and given a proper eviction and we wouldn't have had boring Stuart enter the house.

- Sylvia getting evicted over Mo

- Mario getting evicted over Bex

- Luke getting evicted over Rex

- Nicole going into the house

- Mikey not winning :mad:

Overall, it was a good series, but it would have been much much better if these things hadn't happened

Magic
24-10-2008, 11:01 PM
i didnt like mario until he was evicted and realised he was actually brilliant!
"mikeys got a disability open your eyes"
"everyone health and safety is paramount"
"i just faciliate.."

ledge
And smell the coffee... MWAHHHONK

letmein
27-10-2008, 10:48 AM
People who bump up old threads need to be banned.

Stop doing that and confusing us all! :mad:

robb
27-10-2008, 11:25 AM
If's, buts' and mayb'es don't matter..................and over 13 weeks the wheat is sorted from the chaff anyway. Steph might have been an interesting housemate, but she hardly adhered herself to anyone with her reluctance in the 'fake' wedding.

Magic
29-04-2009, 08:49 PM
LOL at the angry people here

jaybitches
06-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Lool this happens ever year dudes, chill it!!

jaybitches

jaybitches