PDA

View Full Version : C4 Bosses Considering BB Future?

Billy
03-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Channel 4 chiefs are meeting to consider the future of Big Brother, it has been reported.

Programmers are said to be considering a full-time move to E4, making it shorter, or even giving it a break for a year, because of falling ratings. The show could then potentially be relaunched in 2009, possibly with a new presenter.

Channel 4 bosses are meeting producers Endemol to consider the options, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Source DS

"Everyone has been frantic with worry about the way it has gone," an insider told the paper. "The most drastic plan is getting rid of the next series - but only for a year, as they hope the show will come back stronger.

"It would mean the end of an era in a sense, but might just save Big Brother. Everyone accepts something drastic has to be done because Big Brother's image has been really badly damaged."

Big Brother ratings peaked at series three with 5.8 million viewers and this season saw ratings dip to 3.8 million.

However, a spokesman for the broadcaster said: "Big Brother remains a fantastic programme for Channel Four and, as Davina announced on air during Friday night's programme, the search for next year's housemates will begin in November."

Tom4784
03-09-2007, 11:20 AM
I doubt it, Channel 4 rely to much on BB to let it go for a year. Isn't it like the highest rated show on Channel 4 or something? The source is a tabloid so it's probably false.

James
03-09-2007, 11:25 AM
BB escapes axe
By Mark Jefferies 03/09/2007

Big Brother is NOT being axed - despite struggling to get viewers.

Channel 4 programmes chief Julian Bellamy said it's still popular with teens and those in their 20s - main targets for advertisers - and other shows rely on it for revenue.

Friday's final, hosted by Davina McCall, was down 2.5million viewers on last year. Celebrity Big Brother has already been axed.

Winner Brian Belo, 20, said of those who voted for him: "They must be yogurt tops and cider drinkers."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2007/09/03/bb-escapes-axe-89520-19725734/

Captain.Remy
03-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Of course it's fake, the auditions will start in november, it would be stupid to wait until 2009.

Billy
03-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks for that James, lets hope yours is right

Red Moon
03-09-2007, 11:28 AM
If they take a break I think will be the end of Big Brother within the Channel 4 group of companies. I can see it moving to another station altogether. There seems to be a big change at channel 4 and I think there association with the show is over.

andybigbro
03-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I really hope it doesnt get axed

Stu
03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
If they stayed with Channel 4 , and if you all put your yearnings aside for a moment , a year off would do WONDERS for the show with a full scale relaunch in 2009.