PDA

View Full Version : Fame Academy - Saturday's songs (30th August)

Kaz
30-08-2003, 12:42 PM
This Saturday the students will be singing:

Paris - Misty Blue (Ella Fitzgerald)
Alistair - Against All Odds (Phil Collins)
Barry - Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
Carolynne - Underneath Your Clothes (Shakira)
James - Why Does It Always Rain On Me? (Travis)
Peter - The Man Who Sold The World (David Bowie)
Louise - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself (Dusty Springfield)
Alex - Tainted Love (Soft Cell)

A real mixture of old and new there!

I'm praying that Peter doesn't murder 'The Man Who Sold the World' - I really like that song . . . . . . . and I don't want to have to do a Simon Cowell and say 'not any more'!!!

Early prediction for the bottom three: Barry, Louise and James.

:dazzler:

blinkinlovely
30-08-2003, 12:56 PM
Please can we get Louise out this week or is she always to be saved by 'The Teachers' ... that's the bit that annoys me about FA. It should be the public who decides who goes!:sleep:

BigSister
30-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Prediction for Bottom 3 like you Kaz
Barry, Louise and James

BigSister
30-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Bottom 3 were Alistar, Louise and Peter

Peter- Teachers (3 votes. Alistar got 1)
Alistar got saved by the Students so Louise went

Carolynee, Alex, Paris, James and Barry got saved by the Public

blinkinlovely
30-08-2003, 09:58 PM
I worry about this bottom three business .... is it for real?? Peter in the bottom 3 after that performance??

That said, I was pleased for Barry that he survivied, I like his feisty attitude towards the rather annoying 'teachers'.

kaphc
31-08-2003, 09:29 AM
I only saw the first part of the program last night, but how did Peter get into the bottom 3??? OK, his song wasn't the catchiest or anything but he still did a good performance.

It's a shame that Louise has gone as I thought she was developing well. I'd rather have seen James or Alaistair go - both nice blokes who are muscially talented but they need to be in bands, not as solo artists.

Amy
31-08-2003, 09:42 AM
I think the public are getting a bit bored with Peters performance ( sorry Peter fans ) it's more or less the same thing over and over again :shocked:
I was very shocked to see Alistair in the bottom three i wanted James to be there! Alistair gave a better performance than James by miles
I really thought Barry, James and Peter should have been the bottom three :spin2: Barry could have done that song miles better and i think he knows it but i'll give him 10 points for sticking up for himself :spin2: James, i think he's not that good at all he reminds me of Cliff Richard when he was younger and marti pellow all mixed into one!
My faves last night were Carolynne and Alex they did really well :thumbs:
Glad to see Louise go, although i thought she sang the song fairly well
:wavey:

Boris
31-08-2003, 03:08 PM
My faves last night were Carolynne and Alex they did really well

Me too Amy, particularly Alex.

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

Maggie
31-08-2003, 05:59 PM
I know the teachers want Barry out, when he sings a song more suited to his voice he is very good.
They say they are looking for a singer who'll last for years, well rock singers last a lot longer than most so called pop stars.
Keep it up Barry :dazzler:
I also think Peter is the same every week and funny only goes so far.
I would'nt call Alex's voice pop either, thought great, so were does this leave the teachers in their quest for a Pop Star ? :conf: :conf:

Kaz
31-08-2003, 10:25 PM
Absolutely shocked that Alistair was in the bottom three - thank goodness the students have more sense than the public!

Barry sang OK, but he has the stage presence and charisma of a concrete block. You either have it or you don't, and he doesn't!

Peter continues to ruin every song he's given - same manic, shouty performance every week, and it's wearing very thin.

James sang the same type of song he always sings and did it well, but nothing to set the heather alight.

Carolynne and Paris were the two best performances, IMO. Paris sounds so much better when he cuts out the 'vocal gymnastics'.

Just a bit of a moan about the teachers so blatantly having their 'favourite' students. It must have been really hurtful for Alistair to hear Carrie say she found it difficult to choose between Peter and Louise . . . . what about him? And for all the students when they're pulled up for singing out of key occasionally, and then hear praise heaped on Peter who occasionally sings ON key!

The bewildering fact for me is that, when you see Peter on the live feed singing his own songs, he CAN sing beautifully - but for some bizarre reason doesn't do it during his live performances.

Enough of my ramblings for now!! :blush:

P.S. Big up to Robin Gibb for sticking up for Alistair - I'm sure he really appreciates his support. :thumbs: