PDA

View Full Version : Fame Academy Song's Sunday 7th September

Maggie
04-09-2003, 12:59 AM
Alistair: This Old Heart Of Mine (Isley Brothers)

Alex: Still Haven't Found... (U2)

Peter: You and Me (Wannadies)

James: All Day & All Of The Night (The Kinks)

Carolynne: Little Lies (Fleetwood Mac)

Barry: Feel (Robbie Williams)

Paris: More than words (Extreme)

Fame Academy is on Sunday this week.

Daniel Bedingfield will do a master class next week and will also perform on the Saturday September 13th show.

:dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler:

kaphc
04-09-2003, 09:25 AM
The song that Paris is singing is one of my all-time favourites! I hope he does it justice.

Di2001
04-09-2003, 10:30 PM
And I believe Alastair has won the right to perform a song he has written on Sunday's show.

Alastair is a big favourite of mine and hope he goes all the way to the final.

:hello:

Maggie
04-09-2003, 11:21 PM
This week's Sunday show is on at 5.35pm

Amy
05-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Di2001
And I believe Alastair has won the right to perform a song he has written on Sunday's show.

Alastair is a big favourite of mine and hope he goes all the way to the final.

:hello:

I agree Di :thumbs: This is good for him he's been wanting to sing his own song for ages now :thumbs:
Anyone got any ideas who they think will be out this week? I personally think it's between James and Peter (if he does a similar performance as last week)

BigSister
05-09-2003, 05:50 PM
I think its between Barry and James with maybe Peter to join them

kaphc
05-09-2003, 07:18 PM
They showed some of the gig that they did at Brent Cross on CBBC today (5:30 - 6pm , great show!). It looks as if the crowd went absolutely wild for the students!

Kaz
05-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Posted by Maggie
Daniel Bedingfield will do a master class next week . . . . .

Does anyone else thing they're scraping the barrel a bit this year? I'm not a great fan of Daniel Bedingfield, but he's only been around inthe charts for a couple of years himself!

Last year's students got Lionel Ritchie - international megastar and multi-million record seller, after all!

:dazzler:

Amy
05-09-2003, 10:49 PM
Although i like some of Daniel's songs i think he's far to in love with himself to give the students a good master class.
I really have to agree that last year they had better celebs on the show :wavey:

Maggie
07-09-2003, 03:07 PM
Been listening to Barry, he sounds great this week :thumbs:
I also like Alistair, hope they both dowell tonight.
When they were all aloud to sing thier own song, that they had written, you could hear the differance, Barry, Alistair and James were so much better and I think surprised the teachers for a change. More of the same please, shows thier true talent :dazzler: :dazzler: :dazzler:

Di2001
07-09-2003, 04:16 PM
The bookies favourite to go tonight is Barry followed by James.

Maggie
07-09-2003, 09:11 PM
I thought the backing on Barry's song was to loud, it's been like that on a good few occasions for most of them, he might go tonight, then again Paris was'nt so good, but the teachers would save him.

Boris
07-09-2003, 10:16 PM
The result is what I....and many others.... expected tonight.

I thought it was not a good night for songs matching up with singers, if you follow ! I enjoyed Alistair's own composition best this evening. He and James performed well together.

http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/11/F1/FameAcademyFriends/22/cf1.jpg

BusyBee
07-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Loved the song that Alistair had written and he and James sang.

Once again Paris was saved by the teachers. They really have their favourites who can be rubbish on the night but will be saved with the words 'the person who has the best chance of a long term career, has the best chance of improving etc. etc.' Others would be thrown out because they didnt sing well on the night.

I think the teachers are even more biased this year than last.

I'm glad for Barry that he left, I think the relentless criticism was getting him down. It seemed whatever he did, he didnt show the Barryness of Barry whatever that is.

Boris
07-09-2003, 10:22 PM
I think the teachers are even more biased this year than last.

I totally agree Busy Bee.
Paris will NEVER be thrown out by Richard . Only David has had the courage to 'not' pick him. It gives Paris a guaranteed place because Richard has the casting vote everytime.
:mad:

James
07-09-2003, 11:21 PM
I watched it tonight, having missed the last few. I thought Alistair was the best tonight - the judges were talking a load of rubbish!

Why not make the public vote the only deciding factor? It's really not all that good an idea that the teachers get to save one student, don't they realise that it's the public who have to buy the records if that artist is going to be a success?

Kaz
08-09-2003, 12:03 AM
I agree with you too, BusyBee - the bias shown by the teachers towards some students has been absolutely appalling! First Louise, and now Peter, Paris and Alex can do no wrong in Richard and Carrie's eyes. At least David had the decency to vote for James on performance tonight, as Robin Gibb voted for Alistair last week.

James - I thought Alistair's performance tonight was fantastic too - both his first song and his own composition. And yet the judges (apart maybe from Robin) absolutely tore him to shreds! On the interactive footage between the shows, poor Alistair was sat on the steps of the Academy talking to Alex, and saying 'What on earth do I have to do?'

I think Barry's time in the Academy was definitely up. I'm not denying he's got a good voice, but unfortunately he has no charisma or stage presence at all and I just don't think that's something you can be taught.

Thought Carolynne and James were excellent tonight, but didn't enjoy Alex or Paris's performances as much as usual. Peter did sing a bit better tonight but he's still not my 'cup of tea'.

Here endeth my humble opinion! :dazzler:

Janette
08-09-2003, 12:05 AM
The duet was fantastic, it really showed off Alex's brilliant singing voice and Peter's showmanship!

:thumbs:

BigSister
08-09-2003, 07:39 PM
I thought Barry would have gone last night
Next week will be a tough 1
I agree with Boris about Paris will be saved by the teachers all of the time :mad:
The duet was good and Alistars song was great:thumbs:

James
08-09-2003, 09:13 PM
I agree that the duet was great, mind you I thought it was a little unfair on the others that those two were given a second chance to impress. And Alistair had to wait until the voting was over to perform his song.

They really have their favourites who can be rubbish on the night but will be saved with the words 'the person who has the best chance of a long term career, has the best chance of improving etc. etc.' Others would be thrown out because they didnt sing well on the night.

About the judges bias - an analogy would be if a young player played against a veteran at Wimbledon. The veteran wins in straight sets, however the up and coming player is sent through to the next round because it's thought that they have the 'best chance of a long term career'.

Doesn't make sense.

Amy
08-09-2003, 11:03 PM
I wasn't surprised Barry went on Sunday i did think he sang the song fairly well though.
My favourite was Alistair on sunday :thumbs: not only did he do well in his first performance he smacked the teachers in the face with his second it was excellent, good for him!!!

:wavey: