PDA

View Full Version : Titanic

Sod_James
09-09-2007, 09:02 PM
My favourite film of all time. Anyone else like it? cant believe its ten years old now.

Callum
09-09-2007, 09:03 PM
My friend from school is addicted to it... It's scary! Tis a good film though. (:

Sod_James
09-09-2007, 09:04 PM
lol yeh im addicted to it aswell iv watched it about a million times.

Benji
09-09-2007, 09:09 PM
i have the special edition and its on 2 discs, and i only watch the 2nd disc, becuase it starts just before the boat strts to go down, thats my best bit - lol

Chrizzle
09-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I remember watching it for the first time and my dad told me it was based on a true story, and I felt like crying.

Its a fantastic film!

Sod_James
09-09-2007, 09:10 PM
lol has anyone seen the old versions? like A Night To Remember.

Kevin
09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Sod_James

Oo, I have that! :D

Both great films.

The drunk man in A Night to Remember amazes me...

Sod_James
09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by LeKevin
Originally posted by Sod_James

Oo, I have that! :D

Both great films.

The drunk man in A Night to Remember amazes me...

Lol yeh. well i would probably do the same in that situation. if you were a man u had it basically.

Mrluvaluva
09-09-2007, 09:50 PM
A lot of people say they hate it, but I actually love it. It has everything. Comedy, romance, horror, fact etc. Not watched it for a while though.....

Princess
09-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Chrizzle
I remember watching it for the first time and my dad told me it was based on a true story, and I felt like crying.

Its a fantastic film!

Felt like? :tongue:

I love Titantic,only seen it a few times though as its so long.

Mrluvaluva
09-09-2007, 10:09 PM
It's about 3 hours long ain't it?

Benji
09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah - its pretty long.

Sod_James
10-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeh it is pretty long its 3 hours and 17 minutes long.

Jackie
10-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Its a sad film still makes me cry.

Fat.Rat
10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
love that film!!!!i like the old versions as well!!!:colour::colour:

the_stillness
10-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Titanic is excellent! I have seen it loads of times and I do get upset at the end of the film - especially when Leonardo goes under and Kate Winslet is left afloat:bawling:

I love the Celine Dion song too, it was soooooooo good and I have that on CD single. It get's plenty of play - in fact, I may give it a listen in a mo?

n.l.o7
10-09-2007, 08:02 PM
its one of my best films ever!!!!!!!!!!

Sod_James
14-09-2007, 04:03 PM
im off to see the Titanic the musical soon. cant wait. anyone seen it?

Billy
14-09-2007, 04:09 PM
I cant get into it. I watch teh first hour and fall asleep tis so boring imo

Conor
14-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I've grown of it now. :rolleyes:

Milena
14-09-2007, 06:34 PM
I've only seen it once, back when it was first released, and I really loved it. Is it really 10 years ago? It doesn't feel like that long.

Harry!
14-09-2007, 06:35 PM
its long but it is good.

Scarlett.
14-09-2007, 08:33 PM
I love it!

Milena
14-09-2007, 09:19 PM
It's classic though, even though you know how it's going to end.

Conor
15-09-2007, 08:14 AM
It's really good editing standards for 10 years ago. Some fims now have much worse animated graphics lol

Harry!
15-09-2007, 09:35 AM
heres my heart will go on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO_vFuzPJvc

Scarlett.
10-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I just watched it again last night :bawling:

jamesh
10-11-2007, 09:19 PM
titanic is a great film. i know alot of people that cried the 1st time they watched it. lol. i remember hearing about a sequel i saw the trailer for it. it didn't look very good.

KKBL
10-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Im never watchin the titanic again its WAYYY too sad:bawling:

Scarlett.
10-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Lol the sequel trailer wasnt real

its such a sad film :bawling:

Conor
10-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by jamesh
titanic is a great film. i know alot of people that cried the 1st time they watched it. lol. i remember hearing about a sequel i saw the trailer for it. it didn't look very good.

I saw that ad aswell, but it was exposed as a fake.

jamesh
10-11-2007, 09:25 PM
i don;t understand how could it have been fake. it was so real. lol. like when jack was frozen.

Scarlett.
10-11-2007, 09:25 PM
it was just made well

jamesh
10-11-2007, 09:29 PM
lol. i suppose. even though the storyline was a bit far fetched i probably would have still watched it.

supernoodles!
10-11-2007, 09:29 PM
i absolutley love it.Leonardo Di Caprio was my childhood celeb rush lol and i still think he is soooooooooo hot.The romance in that film is amazing!Most of my friends dont like the film and take the P out of me for it being one of my fave films but i dont care.
There was a boy in my school who was proper obsessed with titanic ,not so much the film just the history of it,the actual event.he knew like EVERYTHING about it lol.So funny,but hes a nice lad all the same.

Scarlett.
10-11-2007, 09:31 PM
The saddest part for me isnt Jack and Rose (although it is sad) its knowing it was real and real people died, and children drowned :sad:

Bells
10-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, I really like it. I watched it when I was pretty young even though it was a 12 film, but I still enjoyed it generally. Then I watched it a couple more times and loved it each time. The Jack/Rose relationship just made the whole thing appeal to our emotions, therefore making it more real. But the entire concept was put across with its true facts, which made it all the more sentimental.

Conor
10-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by jamesh
i don;t understand how could it have been fake. it was so real. lol. like when jack was frozen.

Theres a whole thread about it somewhere else on the foum. I'll try and find it for you. :thumbs:

Retroman
10-11-2007, 10:12 PM
The first time watching it is amazing, it's a very impressive film.

Im not someone who can watch a film too many times, because I remember everything in it and it loses value.

But I haven't actually watched it in years so, perhaps I will sometime soon =]
Even though I still vaguely remember most of/if not all the scene's, which is annoying.

Conor
10-11-2007, 10:14 PM
The only scene I still enjoy is when it goes through the ship after it sinks and shows it going back in time to the staircase. Thats such a powerful scene. I love it!

Scarlett.
10-11-2007, 10:15 PM
That guy with the gun! I hate him!

supernoodles!
10-11-2007, 10:15 PM
I love the bit when Rose and Jack meet on the staircase and jacks in his little dinner suit with his hair all slicked back lol.....mmmmmmmmmmm rather nice.
Its so sad at the end when Rose lets Jack go.
The one thing i dont get though............why couldnt they just share that piece of furniture rose was holding on too.Liek if they took it in turns to float around on it wouldnt they both have survived?!?
She was pretty greedy with it if you ask me

Retroman
10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by supernoodles!
The one thing i dont get though............why couldnt they just share that piece of furniture rose was holding on too.Liek if they took it in turns to float around on it wouldnt they both have survived?!?

Haha =] comedy, that made me laugh.

It's true, although I think they were trying to show that Jack would willingly stay in the water to hold the cupboard door above water, in order to make sure Rose would stay alive.

So on one hand, it was selfish of Rose to let him do it.
But on the other hand, it's the ultimate romantic gesture lol. I think he knew he'd die in the cold water to be fair, he just wanted to give Rose a chance.

Conor
10-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Chewy

He was my fav character. He almost reminded me of Richard Helman. :thumbs:

supernoodles!
10-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Retroman

It's true, although I think they were trying to show that Jack would willingly stay in the water to hold the cupboard door above water, in order to make sure Rose would stay alive.

But on the other hand, it's the ultimate romantic gesture lol. I think he knew he'd die in the cold water to be fair, he just wanted to give Rose a chance.

I was so annoyede with her though lol.Like really bad at the time.
It was frustrating lol.
They could have at least give it ago sharing and then if it sunk with both their weight well then at least they tried.But like I say if they took it in turns then they possibly both would have lived!I know its all about the romantic gesture and what not but wouldnt they have preffered it if both of them actually lived?sod the romance.
Anyhow just a thought :spin:

Scarlett.
10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Conor
Originally posted by Chewy

He was my fav character. He almost reminded me of Richard Helman. :thumbs: Aye apart from the guy with the gun was a complete bastard (the posh one not the one who shot himself)

Scarlett.
10-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Retroman

I was so annoyede with her though lol.Like really bad at the time.
It was frustrating lol.
They could have at least give it ago sharing and then if it sunk with both their weight well then at least they tried.But like I say if they took it in turns then they possibly both would have lived!I know its all about the romantic gesture and what not but wouldnt they have preffered it if both of them actually lived?sod the romance.
Anyhow just a thought :spin: Aye, Rose was greedy (Especially throwing the Heart of the Ocean into the sea:laugh:)

supernoodles!
11-11-2007, 02:13 PM
do you think that really happened....they hung onto that cupboard for a bit before jack died?
Or do you reckon they made it up for effect because really jack just drowned or something

Conor
11-11-2007, 02:14 PM
do you think that really happened....they hung onto that cupboard for a bit before jack died?
Or do you reckon they made it up for effect because really jack just drowned or something

That is a fake story. There was no truth behind it.

supernoodles!
14-11-2007, 10:04 AM
oh i see,i wonder what really happened then