PDA

View Full Version : RPG Fans?

Retroman
14-09-2007, 08:27 PM
I was wondering if we have any RPG fans among our members?
To those of you who might not know, RPG = Role Playing Game, which is usually played on consoles, the PC or the internet.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2775/ffxj0.jpg

Also, has anyone heard of/played any of the following?
If so what did you think about them:

Skies of Arcadia
Final Fantasy
Shadow Hearts
Suikoden
Xenosaga
Breath of Fire
.Hack
Phantasy Star Online
Guild Wars
World of Warcraft
Tales of
Baldurs Gate

=]

Retroman
23-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Well that didn't get very far >_<
*MAGICALLY CLOSES TOPIC WITH HIS NON EXISTANT ADMINISTRATOR ABILITIES*

Red Moon
23-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Use to play Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and Traveller years and years ago.

And I have been known to play:-

Diablo II (with expansion pack)
Baldurs Gate
Alax Fatalis
Kingdom under Fire - Heroes
Sudeki
The Elder Scrolls III - Mirrowind (see picture)
Fable

Is that any good?

Scarlett.
23-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I've played

-Shining Force
-Shining in The Darkness
-Dark Cloud
-Final Fantasy X and X-2

Mark
23-09-2007, 08:43 PM
I used to be a pretty big World of Warcraft player, I was in one of the top european guilds.... but after a while, having to commit 5-8 hours a day was getting too much :shocked:

I just play PvP on WoW now.

- Mark

Scarlett.
23-09-2007, 08:45 PM
I sometimes go on WoW when Im at my brothers

ThisIsMarie
24-09-2007, 12:04 AM
What is final fantasy? Obviously iv'e heard of it and know it's a game but I never really knew what it actually was.

Retroman
24-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Red Moon
Diablo II (with expansion pack)
Baldurs Gate
The Elder Scrolls III - Mirrowind (see picture)
Fable

Ah Diablo, I forgot all about that...
I used to own Baldurs Gate 2 and Diablo 2 at the same time, and thought Baldurs Gate was better, so I didn't get far with Diablo 2, but what I did play was quite good.

Elder Scrolls are from the same people as Baldurs Gate, but in first person instead of a birds eye view. Haven't really played them yet though.

Originally posted by Mark
I used to be a pretty big World of Warcraft player, I was in one of the top european guilds.... but after a while, having to commit 5-8 hours a day was getting too much :shocked:

I take it it's quite good then? I didn't play purely because of the fee's, and Guild Wars seemed almost exactly the same but was free. I used to play Warcraft 3 quite a lot, which is why I really wanted to get WoW.

Originally posted by Chewy
-Final Fantasy X and X-2

Can you remember what happens in X-2 with Tidus? Apparently he comes back to life or something? but ive no idea how. I only played FFX because FF X-2 had bad ratings, plus I never had the spare money to buy it lol.

Originally posted by ThisIsMarie
What is final fantasy? Obviously iv'e heard of it and know it's a game but I never really knew what it actually was.

It's one of the most popular and successful gaming series of all time, up there with Mario and Pokemon. In each one you play a hero, who has a group of friends who you can also control, and threre's usually a story involving saving the world, but they usually go much deeper than that. You level up, summon monsters, learn attacks etc by beating enemies and bosses, but there's usually lots of other things thrown in.

Scarlett.
24-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Retroman

Originally posted by Chewy
-Final Fantasy X and X-2

Can you remember what happens in X-2 with Tidus? Apparently he comes back to life or something? but ive no idea how. I only played FFX because FF X-2 had bad ratings, plus I never had the spare money to buy it lol.

Depends what ending you get, in one of them he never comes back in the other two he does

Red Moon
24-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Retroman
Elder Scrolls are from the same people as Baldurs Gate, but in first person instead of a birds eye view. Haven't really played them yet though.

It is rather good. You can either play the game in order to get to the end as quickly as possible or you can do your own thing and just go off on your own adventures and pick up the story again when ever your bored.

The graphics are great, even though the games is dated now, as with any modern PC you can run the game at maximum resolution.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/kizzywizzy/mwind_web69B.jpg
PC Screen Shot

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/kizzywizzy/mwind_web15B.jpg
X-Box Screen Shot
The only thing missing to make wonderful is multiplayer game play.