Alistar has won the compettion that was on BBC3 last night
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy/news/newsitem1926.shtml
Just decided to tell you this for all Alistar fans

Amy
20-09-2003, 09:01 PM
This is excellent news :hello:
I think Alistair is a great singer/song writer
I really hope he does well

I really don't agree with the teachers about Alistair they are evil teachers :thumbs:

BigSister
20-09-2003, 09:18 PM
LOL Amy
I laughed when they said about evicting one of the teachers
But I think Alistar will be leaving tonight:bawling:
I think the final 3 will be Carolynee, Alistar and James. Carolynee will get the teachers vote leaving Alistar and James to face the Students

Amy
20-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by BigSister
But I think Alistar will be leaving tonight:bawling:

I'm really sorry but i think you need your ears cleaning out :shocked::laugh::shocked: James was awful tonight! Tonight was the first time i agreed with Richard Park about James he was out of tune!:bawling: ( sorry all )
Alistair, in my opinion, was a lot better than James :wavey:

BigSister
20-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Amy I am a Alistar fan I guess I am a bit scared
But the truth is Alex and Peter will get the public vote(But after last week who knows)
Carolynee will get the Teachers(Maybe Robin will vote for Alistar)
And Ali and James Student. I hope the students save Alistar
And I agree that Ali was a lot better than James(Sorry to all James fans)

BigSister
20-09-2003, 10:54 PM
I was wrong
Public: Alex and Alistar
Teachers(2-2) Carolynee goes through
Students Peter
James goes

kaphc
21-09-2003, 10:32 AM
James has had a good run and I think it's fair that he goes now.

At last he will be reunited with his Munchkin!

There's only really Alistair for the teachers to ague about now - they all seem agreed on Peter and Alex and more or less on Carolynne.

Loved the row that went on after James' song last night!

BusyBee
21-09-2003, 10:21 PM
The best thing about Fame Academy is Patrick and Richard arguing, although I think they have been told to tone it down - it was getting a bit out of hand, but Richard does talk rot sometimes. Still I must say I agreed with everything he said about Peter last night.

It makes you wonder why they actually picked these people, because "James is a pub singer", Alistair doesnt have a long term career" etc etc. Be interesting to see what happens to the winner this year.

Peter proved last week that he can sing, but last night he was back to the shouting. I think he will be going next week. Even singing the Beatles song with James and Alistair he had to jump around - he looked a right *******.

Alistair really is a good songwriter.

James
21-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Richard Park probably knows that 5 or 6 people are not going to make a huge career out of Fame Academy, and that's why he's so critical - even in the final stages. And of course he knows it makes better TV.

The trouble with the teachers is that Fame Academy is as much about image as Pop Idol - albeit a different image they hope - but they don't want to admit it. It's ironic that Alistair gets criticised by Carrie, for example, for having a whining vocal but Peter gets constant praise, despite not actually proving to the public that he can sing.

In the context of what the students are expected to do on the showdowns, Peter never shows the audience that he is more than a parody of a popstar. He could have talent, but that is hidden to the voters.

It's very much looking like a two-horse race now between Alistair and Alex. Alistair might be edging ahead because he has been performing his own songs.

peachy
22-09-2003, 01:24 PM
I fail to see the attraction of Alistair myself as a singer, he is so average it is beyond belief. He is a goodish songwriter (but most of the songs were written BEFORE FA2 which seems a little unfair to me) but a 'long-term artist' , which is what the teachers say they're looking for? I think not!

There is only Alex who has a cat in hell's chance of that in my humble opinion. And judging by the way that last year's students have struggled to make any impact, I think it is going to be extremely difficult for these students. They are singularly lacking the charisma, talent and charm of Ainslie, Malachi or Sinead in my books!