PDA

View Full Version : Stevenage winger stabbed

Dan_
17-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Stevenage Boroughs latest signing, winger Alistair John, was stabbed outside his house on Sunday evening. The 19 year old was taken to hospital where he underwent exploratory surgery and the Club understand tonight that he's comfortable and in no danger.

Chairman Phil Wallace said "We don't quite know the full details of what happened yet, only that Ally left his house to go outside and see a group of people, was stabbed and staggered back to his house. The reports we've had tonight are that he's in hospital but in no danger and that no organs have been damaged, so we're relieved to hear that above all else. This is such a traumatic thing to happen in a young mans life and God knows what his family went through last night.''

John joined Boro last month are being released by Charlton in the summer and has already settled into the squad.

Phil Wallace continued "We'll let people know how he is as soon as we hear that he's able to leave hospital. I'm sure he'll be keen to get back and see the lads but all he should think about now is getting better. Our best wishes go to him and his family and we wish him a speedy recovery."

http://www.stevenageborofc.com/index_news_det.php?news_id=375&

Shocking news.Hopefully a swift recovery, he's been in great form since he joined.

Mike
17-09-2007, 11:27 PM
We had him on trial at Gills pre-season. Hope the lad is ok & they catch whoever did this.

BigSister
17-09-2007, 11:38 PM
OMG I hope hes ok. I hope they catch whoever did this to him as well