PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final - Fame Academy

Amy
27-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Tonight's the semi final of this year's Fame Academy, seems to come around very quickly! Does any one have any thoughts on who will be in the final three?

I hope it's the following to stay
Alex
Alistair
Carolynne
I think it's time Peter goes, I've gone right of him :shocked: he spends half his time trying to fit his tiny feet in to those big boots :laugh:

BigSister
27-09-2003, 01:43 PM
I agree with you Amy I think Peter will go tonight

peachy
27-09-2003, 03:13 PM
I think it will almost certainly be Carolynne who goes. It's sure to be Alistair and Alex in the final and I have a feeling that the teachers will save Peter over Carolynn if neither of them win the public vote.

Carrie was very dismissive of Carolynne's song on BBC3 show last night and the A&R man never even bothered to discuss her much except to say she was 'competent'.

Surely Alex has got to walk this competition, she is streets ahead of the extremely mediocre Alistair.

Boris
27-09-2003, 04:15 PM
You have said it ALL peachy.
I agree with your every word.

Carolynne is just a 'voice', a technician. She has come a long way since the beginning but not far enough to go on after tonight.

Alex and Alistair will be the final 2 I am sure, but......

ALEX should win. She has been way ahead of the others even on her WORST days. She is a natural.

:xyxwave::xyxwave::xyxwave:

Di2001
27-09-2003, 05:29 PM
I hope Alastair doesn't go tonight. :dazzler:

Alex should make it (although she's had a bit of throat trouble these past couple of days).

Our of Peter and Carolynne; I'd prefer Peter to stay. When he's not prancing around the stage but concentrating on singing he's got a very good voice!

Whatever, it's sure to be a very, very good show tonight.

James
27-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Carrie really doesn't want Alistair to win this competition. She's accused him of backstabbing James and saying he doesn't have longevity in the industry.
http://fame.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds6000.html

Apparently Simon Cowell was on Liquid News last night saying that he watches and likes Fame Academy. He likes Alex and wishes she was on his show.
Also said that he thinks Richard Park isn't putting on an act but Carrie and David are made to make harsh comments and really much nicer.
Mirror article (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13453620_method=full_siteid=50143 _headline=-COWELL--I-LOVE-FAME-ACADEMY-name_page.html)

BusyBee
27-09-2003, 08:46 PM
What a spiteful article by Carrie. It has annoyed me over the weeks where if one of their favourites has a bad week its "we've got to look at their long term chance of a career", but if they dont like them then its "that was a poor performance and wont get you through".

Personally I hope Alex, Alastair and Carolynne get through. Peter is so full of himself and cant keep still even when he is singing a ballad.

Tonight I thought he was awful and Carolynne not much better. Thank goodness the teachers dont have a vote.

We shall see.

Amy
27-09-2003, 09:06 PM
I still hope Alex, Alistair and Carolynne get through tonight :spin2:
I thought tonight Alistair gave his best preformance :hugesmile:
I still think/ hope Peter goes tonight, he's far to it to himself at the moment he needs a reality kick

BigSister
27-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Yes I think Alistar gave his best performance also
I still think Peter will leave

James
27-09-2003, 10:22 PM
Alistair gave the best performance from him that I've seen (haven't watched it every week). I think that Alex has a great sounding voice but tonight the song didn't sound right somehow, maybe nervous and trying to hard.

I'm sure the student vote will be between the other two. I think they'll choose Carolynne to go through because I think they are starting to see Peter as a one-trick pony.

James
27-09-2003, 10:59 PM
This link has mp3s of tonight's performances.

http://www.aoqw51.dsl.pipex.com/

blinkinlovely
28-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Haven't been on TiBB for a few days (work stress).

I really thought that CArolynne was going tonight....

Did Alex and Alistair get rid of the stronger rival???

That said , I've been rooting for Alex since the early round. I really hope they let her sing 'Beautiful' in the final...:xyxwave:

Amy
28-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by blinkinlovely

No, Peter is a good performer but he didn't give the best performance last night.

LEE
28-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Amy
No, Peter is a good performer but he didn't give the best performance last night.
I thought he was miles better than Carolynn though, who I have never rated, and I think it's a great shame he isn't going to be in the final.

Di2001
28-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by LEE
Originally posted by Amy
I thought he was miles better than Carolynn though, who I have never rated, and I think it's a great shame he isn't going to be in the final.

I agree with you LEE.

I don't think we've seen the last of Peter Brame. :dazzler:

kaphc
28-09-2003, 04:41 PM
I found t really hard to decide who I wanted to go last night.

Alex is still miles the best and deserves a career in the music industry as a solo artist.

But of the other three, I think they need to be in bands / groups to make the most of their talent. Lets hope there's Peter forms a band and goes for it as I think that would make the most of his unique charisma!

Boris
28-09-2003, 07:22 PM

My thoughts exactly Blinkinlovely
:spin2:

BusyBee
28-09-2003, 08:11 PM
quote:
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

I think you might be right there Blinkinlovely and Boris. However whoever went through last night from Carolynne and Peter I think will end up being third next week. Seems to me that the weaker singers get very loud backing music when they perform. Or am I imagining things.

James
30-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Saw this on Digital Spy.

Picture of Richard Park in the sixties, and David And Carrie's wedding day (http://groups.msn.com/FameAcademyFriends/fameacademy2.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=8811&LastModified=4675440978253120206&all_topics=1)

:hugesmile:

Di2001
30-09-2003, 10:16 PM
Good find James :thumbs:

(My sister met David back in the 80s when he was in the band Linx)

Boris
01-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Enjoyed the piccies James. My but Richard has NOT improved with age has he.

Carrie has though, not that she wasn't lovely 'way back when !!!!':spin2: