PDA

View Full Version : Fame Academy - the final

kaphc
02-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Here are the songs that the 3 finalists will be performing on Saturday:

First show

Covers:
Carolynne - Man I Feel Like A Woman (Shania Twain)
Alistair - If You Come Back (Blue)
Alex - Baby Can I Hold You (Tracy Chapman)

Favourites:
Carolynne - Underneath Your clothes (Shakira)
Alistair - Wherever You Will Go (The Calling)
Alex - Beautiful (Christina Aguilera)

Second show

Covers:
(Two of the below, dependant on which two students remain.)
Alistair - Everything I Own (Bread)
Carolynne - Tonight's The Night (Rod Stewart)
Alex - Imagine (John Lennon)

Duets with Daniel Bedingfield:
Carolynne - Gotta Get Thru this
Alistair - By My side
Alex - You're Not The One

Originals:
Alistair - Bring It On
Carolynne - Insane
Alex - Maybe That's What It Takes

Duet:
Let It Be (Beatles)

Winner's performance

BusyBee
02-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Thanks for that Kaph.

What stands out on paper for me is going to be Carolynne singing Man I Feel Like A Woman - should really suit her voice.

Though I think she will be the first to go with Alex winning, but we shall see.

BigSister
02-10-2003, 10:11 PM
They are singing a lot lol
Also they are releasing another alblum on Monday 6th October

Amy
02-10-2003, 11:05 PM
I am really looking forward to watching the final :thumbs: I'm glad that Alex, Alistair and Carolynne are in the final as I really wanted to see those three in the final from the start. I have to say that I really do like Alistair very much, especially his own songs, but I do feel that it would be great if Alex won as I can see her having a longer career. Not to much longer to wait :colour:

kaphc
03-10-2003, 04:36 PM
I have nothing against Alistair but I think it would be a travesty if he won. Yes he's a great guy, talented musician and songwriter but does he really have what it takes to be a star?

I really hope Alex wins as I think she has what it takes to be a credible artist in the music industry. I see her as the same standard as Will Young.

Romantic Old Bird
04-10-2003, 01:15 PM
I know, I know, Alex is more a potential star, but I think the girlie vote will probably win it for Alistair.

By the way, has Mr Sneddon got to pack his bags and polish the Audi today do you think?

Di2001
04-10-2003, 04:39 PM
Really looking forward to the final.

Have liked Alistair from the start but can't help thinking that Alex is going to be the winner.

Boris
04-10-2003, 06:03 PM
By the way, has Mr Sneddon got to pack his bags and polish the Audi today do you think?

Perhaps they will be 'flatmates' LOL

I think not !!!!

I would like to see Alex win. She really does have MOST 'star' quality.

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

Amy
04-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Romantic Old Bird

No, it's a different flat (or whatever it is) to last year. David keeps his prizes up until december some time :wavey:

Boris
04-10-2003, 08:49 PM
Down to Alex and Alistair ...ooohh:dazzler:

Amy
04-10-2003, 09:28 PM
I think Alex has this in the bag but i really do feel that Alistair needs to win FA if he is to have a music deal :bawling: Alex will get a deal no matter what as she's an excellent singer

BigSister
04-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Yes I think that Alex will win

kaphc
04-10-2003, 10:15 PM
If this were Big Brother and more about popularity, then I'd say that Alistair would be a very deserving winner! But it's all about the music, so I now say:

Come on Alex!!!!

bigbrofan
04-10-2003, 11:23 PM
I haven't really watched it this year but I knew Alex would win, she is SOOOO good looking :spin2:

BusyBee
04-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Glad Alex won - she has something different.

Though to be honest I didnt think she was on top form tonight and I didnt think much of her duet with Daniel Beddingfield. But over the series she was definitely a deserved winner.

But I think Alistair has a hit on his hands if he records Bring It On. Really gets into the head.

Boris
04-10-2003, 11:28 PM
She DID !

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YgDyAlseAut6yfaGFghrve9KqIrWwE7Bp7rGRDHbCwAJ![img]

blinkinlovely
05-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Oh what an emotional vening. And how I wish that I has put money on Alex, minutes fater hearing her sing in the qualifying heats. I remarked to OH, on the phone,that night, that I had found this year's winner. he sniggered "oh, yeah..."

She could fill an album with brilliant covers. Imagine was inspired but Beautiful always reduces me to tears .... lts of hankies on stand-by tonight!!!

Well done Alex...:xyxwave:

BigSister
05-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Well Done Alex
Bring it on is sooooooooo catchy

kaphc
05-10-2003, 09:33 AM
That was a fantastic show last night, but wasn't Daniel Bedingfield a complete and utter prat!!

Very glad that Alex won, but did feel a bit sorry for Alistair as it seemed pretty apparent on the BBC3 show that no one had expected him to win!

Boris
05-10-2003, 02:20 PM
That was a fantastic show last night, but wasn't Daniel Bedingfield a complete and utter prat!!

Again....YES !

I thought he was when he was on FA a couple of weeks ago but last night he excelled himself.

Having said that I thought the duet he did with Alex was fantastic and much better than the one with Alistair........BUT...

There really was NO excuse for his rudeness to Alistair during a competition where as a performer I felt he should have been in a 'neutral' position. He was not a teacher after all.
perhaps I am wrong
:conf: I don't know.

BigSister
05-10-2003, 03:08 PM
I agree with you competely Boris and Kaphc

Di2001
05-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Really enjoyed last night's final.

All three of them performed well.

Do we know how many votes each of them got? Was it close between Alex and Alistair?

James
05-10-2003, 05:16 PM
I read that Alex got 59% to Alistair's 41% in the final vote. Don't know how many votes either of them got though although the total number of votes cast - including those for Caroline - was 4.5 million. That's compared to 7.5 million last year.

I could hardly believe how biased the show was against Alistair, and in favour of Alex. Everyone, including the teachers, producers and record company have favoured Alex from the start. As for Daniel Beddingfield, talk about tactless!

Surely Fame Academy has less credibility because of this.

Di2001
05-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks James!

Know what you mean about Daniel Beddingfield - very tactless.

Hope Alistair gets something from his Fame Academy experience - I'm sure he will. :dazzler:

Kaz
05-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Posted by James
I could hardly believe how biased the show was against Alistair, and in favour of Alex
Me neither, James . . . . . and a lot of other people as well! :mad:

It wasn't just on the final show either. Several of the 'teachers' had appeared on talk shows during the last couple of weeks bigging up Alex and rubbishing Alistair, and Carrie (Morticia) Grant wrote a particularly nasty article in a recent edition of Now magazine. Dirty tactics.

Just as well I wasn't able to post on here after the show last night - I'd probably have had to ban myself today for using inappropriate language! I was literally shaking with anger and disbelief after Daniel Beddingplant's incredible display of favouritism for Alex. Not only did he hardly look at Alistair during their duet, he completely ignored him when asked to comment on the final 2. Rude, pig-ignorant and downright nasty. Never rated him before, but now I think he's an absolute *@!*er (insert as appropriate! :blush:) Big up to Patrick Kielty for saying something in support of Alistair - notice how none of the judges did (even Robin Gibb!).

Anyway . . . . . . . . . .

Congratulations to Alex for winning - she, Alistair and Carolynne were my 3 faves from way back so I was delighted they all reached the final. I'm sure she would have preferred that it was a 'fair fight' though. It's definitely left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Oh, and Alistair has SO got a hit on his hands if he releases 'Bring It On' as a single! :hello:

Rant over - phew!! :blush:

Boris
05-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Yep !

One hit coming up Kaz!

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

Amy
05-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by kaphc

Yes he was :mad:

Congratulations to Alex she did very well last night :thumbs:
and..... GOOD LUCK to Alistair for the future :wavey:

Amy
05-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by James
I could hardly believe how biased the show was against Alistair, and in favour of Alex. Everyone, including the teachers, producers and record company have favoured Alex from the start. As for Daniel Beddingfield, talk about tactless!

Surely Fame Academy has less credibility because of this.

It was horrible to watch that's why i've rooted for Ali so much he deserves some praise surley!!!!

BusyBee
06-10-2003, 06:07 PM
I must admit that after hearing Daniel Bedingfield's comments 'several votes' for Alilstair were placed by our household. Here's one household who will not be buying his next album.:nono::nono:

He was so rude. I agree completely with what everyone has said. I actually thought Alistair's duet with him was much better than Alex's. He ignored Alistair but fawned over Alex.

And as for the teachers - in the words of a certain Welsh Girls - Words fail me.:nono::nono:

Just hope Alistair has a successful career and really shows them all up.

Kaz
06-10-2003, 11:29 PM
All hell seems to have broken loose about the unbelievable bias towards Alex in the Fame Academy final! :shocked:

Check out the BBC Points of View message board HERE (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi?state=threads&board=pointsofview.points-of-view1&&sort=T) for starters. They've very conveniently closed the official site's message board - wonder why!!!

I still feel desperately sorry for the way Alistair was treated, and very proud of him for the way that he handled himself with such dignity - if I'd been him I would have walked out half way through saying 'what's the point?'.

I actually feel sorry for Alex too. Yes she won, and none of the bias was of her doing, but this unfortunate aftermath has definitely tainted her victory - I'm sure she'd far rather have won the final on pure merit.

Apparently Carrie Grant was on RI:SE this morning and was questioned by an Alistair fan about Daniel Beddingplant's appalling behaviour. Somewhere in her response she made the statement that 'Alex is worth 10 of Alistair anyway'. Unbelievable!!!! :mad:

Incidentally, Alistair is to be on RI:SE between 7 and 9 a.m. tomorrow (unfortunately accompanied by the Grants, I believe) so should be interesting viewing. Hope he now knows how much support he really has from the general public.

BigSister
07-10-2003, 05:19 PM
Yes he was on RISE Kaz along with Carolynee but I havent had the chance to watch it yet:bawling:

Di2001
07-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Just caught a glimpse of Alastair and Carolynne while chomping on my Sugar Puffs this morning. Didn't really get to hear what they were saying but there were plenty of smiles though - considering.

Di2001
07-10-2003, 07:55 PM
:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

Kaz, your reference to Daniel Beddingplant made me howl with laughter. Wish I'd thought of that!

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

BigSister
08-10-2003, 07:25 PM
If you want to listen to any of Alistars own written songs(Including Bring it on, In your Smile, Feeling Fine and Im all yours)
Go to http://www.alistair-griffin.co.uk/ then click on music
:spin2:

LEE
08-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Thanks Big Sister :thumbs:

I've already found this site and listened to Ali's stuff :hugesmile: Even though I wanted Alex to win, I do like Alistair and I really hope that he succeeds :spin2:

Good to see that Robin Gibb is carrying on his support for Ali by doing a single with him, I hope it does well and proves the likes of Richard Park (Horrid man :mad: ) wrong.

Amy
08-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Thanks BS, i have already been there :thumbs:
Nice to see Ali and Carolynne on RI:SE on Tuesday :thumbs: Carolynne said she seemed to be more upset that Ali did about the Daniel remark! Alistair also said that the show seemed to be very one sided