PDA

View Full Version : Do you think BB9 should be a Village?

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 12:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_Germany

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vDgmlsZMu5s

Do you think BB9 should be like BB6 Germany and be a village. I do, except keeping it the same format with people getting evicted normally and for it only to last like 6 months instead of forever as they had planned.

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 01:55 PM
No comment?

Captain.Remy
30-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Haha I knew that you were going to make a thread on that !
I think there should be one but for the last of the very last series with all the ex-housemates.

35 ex-housemates, 1 village, 3 houses (Rich, Average, Poor), 3 jobs, one mayor, 1 evictee and 1 newcomer per week.
And the show goes on for 6 months !

Wasted
30-09-2007, 02:02 PM
6 months would be waaayy too long for me, I'd get bored of it.

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by sunshine30
Haha I knew that you were going to make a thread on that !
I think there should be one but for the last of the very last series with all the ex-housemates.

35 ex-housemates, 1 village, 3 houses (Rich, Average, Poor), 3 jobs, one mayor, 1 evictee and 1 newcomer per week.
And the show goes on for 6 months !

Yea, would love that!

Also make the prize money £1000,000!

That'd be great. Excellent idea. :thumbs:

Captain.Remy
30-09-2007, 02:03 PM
The would be so interesting to see how they work out in the farm lol
By the way, the german version hosted Chantelle during 2 days, after her winning on CBB4.

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 02:07 PM
By the way, the german version hosted Chantelle during 2 days, after her winning on CBB4.

Wow, really?

So she was in the village?

Captain.Remy
30-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Message original : cujo_man

Wow, really?

So she was in the village?

Yes, you can find the videos on the TIBB videos section . :thumbs:

Matt
30-09-2007, 02:41 PM
NO.

I don't think I can make my feelings clearer than that...

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Matt
NO.

I don't think I can make my feelings clearer than that...

Why?

Matt
30-09-2007, 02:43 PM
6 months is far too long for me and I prefer the concept of "The Big Brother House".

Ruth*Star
30-09-2007, 02:44 PM
No it would take too long and i like the format it has now.

KKBL
30-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Matt
6 months is far too long for me and I prefer the concept of "The Big Brother House".

same

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Yea, but people say it needs to change and shock- wouldn't this do just that?

Captain.Remy
30-09-2007, 03:04 PM

Not now, I think BB9 has to show us what we love in BB. If the producers have to change the format it would be 4-5 years.

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 03:08 PM

Not now, I think BB9 has to show us what we love in BB. If the producers have to change the format it would be 4-5 years.

I suppose. Many people will be put off by the dramatic difference as they were with the all-female twist at the beginning of BB8.

Maybe it should be around BB13 or 14. Although do we really want to see old HMs. One of the reasons I enjoy BB is getting to know the HMs and finding the ones I like/ hate.

dbh-g
30-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Chanelle stayed in the hotel part of the village, it was shown on her reality tv show and she caused a fuss as she didnt want to stay there ne more, cant remember why, but she had to cos she was contracted 2.

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by db12
Chanelle stayed in the hotel part of the village, it was shown on her reality tv show and she caused a fuss as she didnt want to stay there ne more, cant remember why, but she had to cos she was contracted 2.

Since when did Chanelle have a reality show? :conf:

Captain.Remy
30-09-2007, 08:24 PM
It's Chantelle, db12 made a typo mistake.

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 08:26 PM

Oh right. Yea I saw the clips.

Wierd how they have a phone in it.

Captain.Remy
30-09-2007, 08:28 PM

They had a phone in order to call the others when the doors were locked. Sometimes they had to live only with their house, like a real village.

Loukas
30-09-2007, 08:29 PM
i dont think so that will take it ott big time

big brother needs to go back a couple of years too BB5 AND BB6

cujo-man
30-09-2007, 08:30 PM

They had a phone in order to call the others when the doors were locked. Sometimes they had to live only with their house, like a real village.

Ha Ha! Cool.

Wonder what the hell she was thinking doing that when she doesn't speak a word of German.

Captain.Remy
30-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Ha Ha! Cool.

Wonder what the hell she was thinking doing that when she doesn't speak a word of German.

That was awesome, hilarious ! :laugh2:

andybigbro
02-10-2007, 02:06 PM
No

Conor
02-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I would never work for us UK fans. I'd really hate a massive change in format like that. So I'd say NO!! I just don't think it will be easy to adjust to or get used to, and didn't the German version eventually get axed because people were getting bored of the format idea?

Captain.Remy
02-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Message original : Conor
I would never work for us UK fans. I'd really hate a massive change in format like that. So I'd say NO!! I just don't think it will be easy to adjust to or get used to, and didn't the German version eventually get axed because people were getting bored of the format idea?

No they didn't get bored of the format because they loved it's just that BB was on air during 2 years without a stop, even for Christmas, they had it. Maybe they wanted to see something else. It does explain the "Back to Basics" format for BB7.

Conor
02-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Oh I see, thanks. It was a bit ambitious to have it going on forever though. lol

Captain.Remy
02-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Message original : Conor
Oh I see, thanks. It was a bit ambitious to have it going on forever though. lol

Yeah sure but german people love it, it's the biggest event of the year, so the producers thought it would have been a brilliant idea. Of course it is, so far I think this series took the most risks in the BB History and it did last during a whole year knowing that they didn't make a break during BB5 (who did last a year too) and BB6.
That was phenomenal.

Redmond
02-10-2007, 08:25 PM
I personally wouldn't like a Village idea, it wouldn't seem like BB to me, plus it needs to be heading back to basic ways not over-the-top gimmicky ways. For another show maybe, but not our BB, the house is essential, giving the housemates too much freedom just takes away from the game. Maybe a task where they have a little village for a week I could handle, but not a full series.

cujo-man
02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by BigBrothersLittlePod
I personally wouldn't like a Village idea, it wouldn't seem like BB to me, plus it needs to be heading back to basic ways not over-the-top gimmicky ways. For another show maybe, but not our BB, the house is essential, giving the housemates too much freedom just takes away from the game. Maybe a task where they have a little village for a week I could handle, but not a full series.

I thought the way to get it back on its toes would be to mix it up e.g. BB5!

aj2463
03-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I remember seeing Chantelle going into that in some TV show She did xx