PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be British

jbellemeg
05-04-2002, 08:23 PM
On a sombre note. Did anyone else find the parade in London this morning moving?
We should all be proud of our arm services.
I still think we are the only country in the world that can put on such a show as was seen today.

:xyxwave:

blinkinlovely
06-04-2002, 12:00 AM
:shocked::shocked::shocked:

It was indeed classic stuff.

There were blinkin tears.........

WILDCHILD2K1
08-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by jbellemeg
On a sombre note. Did anyone else find the parade in London this morning moving?
I still think we are the only country in the world that can put on such a show as was seen today.

:xyxwave:
My Mum said exactly the same thing, no ever country could put on a parade like that. It was quite moving and I KNOW I will be crying tomorrow morning for the funeral:bawling:

kaphc
10-04-2002, 06:58 PM
On a slightly BB related note, do you think if the Queen Mum had died during the series 3, they would have told them and/or let them watch the funeral?

:conf:

BigSister
10-04-2002, 07:04 PM
I watched the funeral

I thought it was very moving

Mark
10-04-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by kaphc
On a slightly BB related note, do you think if the Queen Mum had died during the series 3, they would have told them and/or let them watch the funeral?

The USA Big Brother was on when September 11th happened and they were told. So I imagine they might be told.....

Mark :spin2:

disco
11-04-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by jbellemeg

Well, apart from the likes of China and North Korea. They can put on one bloody impressive display.

In all seriousness, our arm services do a wonderful job. Without them, we'd have to rely on our other limbs which would put us at a bit of a disadvantage against the rest of the world.

Abbyindahouse
11-04-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by kaphc

hmm I don't think so cause they r ment to be cut off from the outside world it depends i susspect if i was in there i wouldnt want to be told cause its wouldnt be a bb experince would it

splodge0
11-04-2002, 03:01 PM

sweetlittlesara
11-04-2002, 03:58 PM
I think September 11th and the Queen Mother dying are completely different. September 11th was a terrosrist attack where thousands of people died and if i remember correctly one of the housemate's relatives died in the wtc. And although the Queen Mother was a lovely old lady and my favourite of the royal family, she was 101 and it was not exactly unexpected or a tragedy. I doubt they would have let the housemates know, unless one of them was a royal which i very much doubt

Janette
11-04-2002, 10:16 PM
The reason Big Brother told the American Housemates about September 11th was because one of them had a relative working in the World Trade Centre at the time. I think they had to tell her, it would have been totally wrong not to.

By the way, does anyone know the outcome of that one, I only know that the person in question was missing at the time!