PDA

View Full Version : Pop Idol to add 'Big Brother Twist'

LEE
19-10-2003, 11:39 AM
According to The People Online the Pop Idol finalists are going to be living together in a luxury Mansion and be filmed 24/7 a la Big Brother and Fame Academy.

A source at ITV said: "We thought it would be a great idea to put the Pop Idol finalists in a house together.

"At the moment they get on brilliantly together, so at first it will be a good experience for them all.

"But as the competition hots up there is bound to be some friction and we're hoping for romance.

"It will add an unexpected dimension to the show. We haven't even told the contestants what's happening yet."

A Pop Idol spokeswoman confirmed: "The finalists will move to a house together next week."

Over the next 10 weeks highlights of their antics will be screened on the Saturday ITV1 shows.

Extra footage from the North London house will be shown on ITV2.
To read the full article CLICK HERE (http://www.people.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=13530221&method=thepeople_full&siteid=79490)

Janette
19-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Oh God, I'm going to be SOOOOOO hooked!!!!!

:hugesmile:

BigSister
19-10-2003, 03:51 PM
I wonder if it is going to be interactive on ITV2?

BusyBee
20-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Didnt they all share a hotel suite last year?

Kaz
21-10-2003, 10:57 PM
Yes they did, BusyBee - but only when they got down to the final 5, I think.

I remember Will :spin:, Darius, Hayley, Gareth and Zoe being together in the hotel suite last year, getting ready to go to some film premiere. If I recall correctly, Gareth and Zoe also had their mums with them as they were under 18.

As far as I'm aware they didn't start off with all 10 finalists staying together. Smacks a bit of copying the Fame Academy and Popstars the Rivals format to me! :shocked:

Kaz
31-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Story from Ananova

The final 10 Pop Idol contestants have moved into a multi-million pound mansion at a secret location.

The mansion is filled with £40,000 worth of designer furniture including a cinema bed.

They will live together in the luxurious pad throughout the duration of the contest, but cameras won't be filming their every move.

"They will have some privacy which they'll need," a source told ITV.

The furniture includes a luxury cinema bed valued at £15,000. At the touch of a button, the bed raises a cinema screen.

A corner sofa worth £7,755 will grace the living room along with a £1,500 illuminated coffee table made from stainless steel and toughened glass.

Sounds very posh! :laugh:

Although if the final 10 are living together 24/7, I imagine it'll make it even harder for them when they have to say 'cheerio' to another contestant each week. Be prepared for loads of tears!! :bawling:

Stu xxx
03-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Smacks a bit of copying the Fame Academy and Popstars the Rivals format to me!

But didn't they just copy pop idol in the first place? xxxxx

Skip
05-11-2003, 12:34 PM
The Australian Idol final 12 have all lived together for the finals. They screened a little of it but didn't quite get into the BB type dynamics unfortunately !!! Probably cause they're soooo busy doing everything else they have too. Though one of the bedrooms became known as the haunted room, being the largest room everyone wanted it, and every week that turned out to be the performer who got voted out ! Weird coincidence. We also got to know who was staying out and not coming home, and who had disgusting habits etc. Yep, an interesting twist.