PDA

View Full Version : Wallace and Gromit back in BBC1 film

Harry!
03-10-2007, 04:33 PM
from the guardian

http://i20.tinypic.com/2mfm051.jpg
Nick Park: at work on Piella Bakewell, Wallace's love interest in Trouble at' Mill

Wallace and Gromit, the plasticine characters made in Bristol who became global hits, are to return to television screens in a film for BBC1.
Production company Aardman today said it had started pre-production on the new 30-minute film Trouble at' Mill at its Bristol studios.

Filming begins in January with the show due to be delivered in time for Christmas next year.

The film, which was unveiled by duo's creator, Nick Park, in a short film on the Wallace and Gromit website, will follow the pair as they launch a bakery business and become involved in a murder mystery when 12 other bakers go missing.

Wallace also gets a new love interest in the shape of local beauty and bread enthusiast Piella Bakewell.

The new Wallace and Gromit film is the first since the theatrical release of Curse of The Were-Rabbit in 2005.

Before that, the pair appeared in the 30-minute films The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave.

Park said he was excited about returning to a half-hour format.

"I love making films for the cinema but the production of Chicken Run and Curse of the Were-Rabbit were virtually back to back and each film took five years to complete.

"Trouble at' Mill will be so much quicker to make and I can't wait to get back into production."

The new film will also reunite Park with writer Bob Baker, who co-wrote both The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave.

Aardman International is taking the film to the Mipcom TV market in Cannes next week, where it says it hopes to make a number of pre-sales.

Jackie
03-10-2007, 05:02 PM
I like wallace and gromit ive got all there dvds.

Kate..
04-10-2007, 08:09 PM
i love walace and gromit!

Dizzy
04-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Yay! =D I love Wallace and Gromit