PDA

View Full Version : Channel Five planning reality TV reunion

James
26-10-2003, 11:01 AM
Big Brother style - I guess the question is always going to be which ex-contestants would accept the offer?

JADE Goody could join Big Brother's "Nasty" Nick Bateman (pictured centre), Airport's Jeremy Spake (right) and Driving School's Maureen Rees (left) in the ultimate reality TV show.

Channel 5 are reuniting stars that viewers loved to hate for a fly-on-the-wall special next year. Celebs who made their name in Big Brother, Pop Idol, I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, Airport, The Salon, Driving School and Survivor will take part in Back To Reality.

The 12 contestants will be in a house for three weeks. Viewers will whittle them down until one is crowned king or queen of reality TV. Others approached for the show include Pop Idol fattie Rik Waller and camp hairdresser Ricardo.

A Channel 5 spokesman said: "Back To Reality will be fun but there will be surprises."

Di2001
26-10-2003, 03:51 PM
This sounds VERY good!

Romantic Old Bird
27-10-2003, 12:32 PM
This sounds like the programme Paul and Helen were talking about in their article earlier this year. Helen was approached and turned it down, because she and paul didn't want to put their families through all the grief again.

Personally, there is no-one on the list who would make me want to watch it. Maureen, Jeremy, Jade???????

God, imagine being shut in with them.....can't imagine anything worse. Good call Helen!

BusyBee
27-10-2003, 01:22 PM
All I can say is

OOOOHHHHH MMMMYYYYY GGGGOOODDD

What a collection of wannabees.

Apart from Nick Bateman and Jade who seem to be on anything to do with Big Brother - all the 'stars' of BB seem to have opted out. Not even Narinder.

P and H made a good call here - though Helen would have made mincemeat of that lot!!! Would have been great to count the mentions of Paul though:hugesmile:

kaphc
27-10-2003, 02:11 PM
I'm sure Narinder would accept! After all she would do anything wouldn't she???

I doubt if Jade would really want to do this now she has her son and her new image / training as a beauty therapist.

Note the use of the word "could" in the article - the writer is obviously trying to think of who would be interesting to watch.

I'm sure that we'd end up with people much more boring than that list!

dizzy bint
30-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Oh dear, sounds like last chance saloon for them. From the ones listed there is absolutely no way on earth I would watch. They would all sooooo act up for the cameras.

There are still a number of rumours going around about these BB style reunion programmes. None of the big names are going to do it and if the less successful and forgotten about ones do, well they might stir a small amount of interest for the rows and bitching, but basically, first time around THEY FAILED !!! lol

James
27-11-2003, 06:31 PM
A bit more info about 'Back to Reality' at Digital Spy.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds12484.html

Apparently it is Channel 5's biggest investment in a single programme.