PDA

View Full Version : Wii v's 360??

~Kizwiz~
07-10-2007, 03:25 PM
We're looking into buying one of these...... but cant decide. I love the Ninendo games and Red Moon loves the x-box games.

I was wondering if anyone had a prefernce and why?

001steven
07-10-2007, 05:33 PM
If you like to get involved and love moving about then get a WII but if i were you i would get a 360 as there are more games out for it and you can have so much fun online. And get Halo 3

dupin
07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I've got a Nintendo Wii, it's SO good. It's not a let down at all; I thought that maybe the sensor would be slow and not always reliable, but I've had it for a few months now, and it's still really fast and excellent.

The only problem is that the batteries in the remotes run out easily, so you'd be better off geting a remote charger for £15 or something.

Spike
12-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I have a Nintendo Wii and its great. There isn't a lot of games out for the Wii yet but the games that are out are good. The Xbox 360 has a lot more games out and has better graphics.

I would look at the games which are on the Xbox 360 and the games that are on Wii and also what you want from the console and decide which console is best for you.

Dizzy
12-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I think they're both great. I'm getting a Nintendo Wii and my brother has an X-Box. But the Wii is different for obvious reasons, it's like your in the game, but if you prefer to sit down and play with a console than the X-Box is probably better suited. The Wii doesn't have a lot of games, like Spike said, the X-Box has a lot more games, the graphics seem pretty good on both of them.
I being the age I am, would go for the Wii because you get to jig around xD I think boys are more likely to go for the X-Box, my brother says the Wii is more for girls, which isn't true. But all the boys I know who have Wii's are trying to sell them because they don't like them anymore. I personally think the Wii is better from what I've heard and seen on YouTube etc. =]

Retroman
12-10-2007, 02:04 PM
The Wii has apparently caused plenty of in home accidents due to people running around, waving their arms about etc with the Wii's technology and knocking over vases etc, or people falling over.

Mainly due to the fact that most people's homes aren't big and spaced enough to be doing physical activities.

Personally I don't like the Wii, as it's mainly focused around "fun" kids games. Very few exceptions.

In my view the Wii is for kids/girls/people not looking for much depth in a game but just mindlessly hitting balls/moving things around or something.

The Xbox360 seems to be liked more by boys and people looking for more in depth games such as action/RPG/Shoot em ups/Strategy etc. It has a decent online community/capabilities too.

So it just depends what you're after really.
There are a wider range of games for the xbox360 though, which can't be ignored since with the Wii you'll buy a few games then soon realise you see the same Wii games in the shop every single time and wonder why you bought one.

At least it's not as disappointing as the PS3 though, the game range for that is next to none.

~Kizwiz~
12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks guys,

I still cant decide, can you play old xbox games on the 360??? Red has hundreds of them. Looking at the games available I can see your ponts about the amount of games there are for the 360.

Plus I like the Wii because we have 3 little ones who love playing games so the interactiveness of the wii is appealing for them.

I can see us buying both at this rate

Kevin
12-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by kizwiz
Thanks guys,

I still cant decide, can you play old xbox games on the 360??? Red has hundreds of them. Looking at the games available I can see your ponts about the amount of games there are for the 360.

Plus I like the Wii because we have 3 little ones who love playing games so the interactiveness of the wii is appealing for them.

I can see us buying both at this rate

Get both hehe. Splash out a little :P

I personally would recommend the Wii. The games are excellent and it isn't really focused on "kids games" that much.

And the only way you'd cause an accident with it, if you were being silly with it or getting far "too in the game" hehe.

Plus the Wii offers something new and different, the controller for starters!

~Kizwiz~
12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Personally.... I've been a Nintendo fan since SNES and could widdle away the hours playing Super Bomber man.....lol

But then I also love the 64, there were some cracking games on that my fav having to be Diddy Kong Racing

Both Red and I have some extra cash to slash out on so I can clearly see whats comming...... good job we have loads of tv's in the house to play the consoles on

Kevin
12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Personally.... I've been a Nintendo fan since SNES and could widdle away the hours playing Super Bomber man.....lol

But then I also love the 64, there were some cracking games on that my fav having to be Diddy Kong Racing

Both Red and I have some extra cash to slash out on so I can clearly see whats comming...... good job we have loads of tv's in the house to play the consoles on

Can't beat the classics, that's another bonus with the Wii - Virtual Console hehe.

Retroman
12-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, im a nintendo fan myself...
Ive got a SNES and all versions of the gameboy etc.

Wii just doesn't appeal to me that's all, as I like to sit down and play long RPG games or compete online etc. And im sure if you look at gamefaqs.com you'll notice almost all Wii games are kid like.

If you're just looking for a bit of fun and your kids can also benefit from it, then im sure Wii would be a better overall choice. Although Red Moon might prefer competing/playing the Xbox360 that's all lol.

I would say forget both and buy the PS3 if it had more games >_< but it'd be a waste of money really. If you hunt around a little, you could probably buy both cheaply for the price of just one.

~Kizwiz~
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I was just looking at the games available for the 360 and there are very male orientated :sad:

~Kizwiz~
12-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Retroman
Don't get me wrong, Im a nintendo fan myself...
Ive got a SNES and all versions of the gameboy etc.

Wii just doesn't appeal to me that's all, as I like to sit down and play long RPG games or compete online etc. And Im sure if you look at gamefaqs.com you'll notice almost all Wii games are kid like.

If you're just looking for a bit of fun and your kids can also benefit from it, then Im sure Wii would be a better overall choice. Although Red Moon might prefer competing/playing the Xbox360 that's all lol.

I would say forget both and buy the PS3 if it had more games >_< but it'd be a waste of money really. If you hunt around a little, you could probably buy both cheaply for the price of just one.

LOL.... I think you might be right...... Red wants to play Oblivion is it????? But the kids would get much more use out of the Wii...... a trip to buy both is in order at Christmas I think :laugh:

Kevin
12-10-2007, 02:52 PM

LOL.... I think you might be right...... Red wants to play Oblivion is it????? But the kids would get much more use out of the Wii...... a trip to buy both is in order at Christmas I think :laugh:

If you get a Wii, the kids won't get a look in likely. hehe It's very addictive :P

~Kizwiz~
12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by LeKevin

If you get a Wii, the kids won't get a look in likely. hehe It's very addictive :P

I would much rather prefer that..... lol

I think it would be nce for them to all play and in involved in taking part and having fun rather than one play and the others watch and wait their turn.

Its a bit more interactive

Conor
12-10-2007, 02:56 PM
360 is obviously 1000 0000 times better! Much bigger range of games and better graphics. It's got more publicity to.

Kevin
12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Conor
360 is obviously 1000 0000 times better! Much bigger range of games and better graphics. It's got more publicity to.

Not all about graphics though, don't get me wrong - Graphics are nice. But I think overall gameplay comes first imo. hehe

~Kizwiz~
12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Conor
360 is obviously 1000 0000 times better! Much bigger range of games and better graphics. It's got more publicity to. But why is it better?