PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Theme and Avatars

Mark
03-12-2001, 05:33 PM
Christmas is just around the corner and we at ThisisBigBrother are really busy working on the site, I have a few issues which i would like to address.

Christmas Theme

For Xmas, we were going to change the colours of the baord around to a more christmassy colour. Richard changed them to Red and Green but it didn't look right! So for the moment we are experimenting. If you log on and the colours are funny don't worry. One thing we do ask is you go to your user control panel and set the theme to "default" If your theme is not on this you will occur problems with layout etc.
Also in the new year we will be setting up multiple themes, so if you don't like the purple you will have a choice. Also we will be having a new Xmas logo so watch out!

I sent everyone a U2U the other day but it seems it didn't get around. I will repost what I said here.
We are having problems with avatars. We now have to come to the decision whether we say yes or no to them. There are good and bad points to each side. When myslef, Richard and Lesley chatted about it, we came up with three suggestions. For anyone that doesn't know what an avatar is, it is a picture under you name! They are as follows: -

1) No Avatars

2) Allow anyone to have whatever avatar they want - This is what we started off with, but we can't put a size restirction on them, and one avatar was HUGE and took up half a page! :laugh: So if we let people have their own they would have to send them to us Admin so we can check size etc.

3) Choice of set avatars - We load up 20 or so pictures and you take your pick, the downside being that someone might have the same as you.

4) Avatar range system - This is something I thought of, and I'm not sure what you think. Basically your avatar is reflected in how many posts you have made, and the avatar is based on a housemate. So 10 posts will give you Penny as an avatar, 20 posts will give you Stuart, 30 will be Narinder, 40 will be Bubble, 50 will be Amma, 60 will be Josh, 70 will be Paul, 80 will be Elizabeth, 90 will be Dean, 100 will be Helen and 110 will be Brian. Anything over 120 and you will get to choose what you have as an avatar.

Anything else

I would just like to remind people that ThisisBigBrother is also a website, not just a forum! So if you want the latest news just visit the homepage. The link is at the bottom of my post!

Ok well thats about it for the meanwhile! If you could reply to this post and tell me which avatar system is best and why it would be appreciated!

Best wishes from the admin of ThisisBigBrother!

Mark :spin:

[Edited on 12-3-2001 by Mark]

peachy
03-12-2001, 06:30 PM
I like the idea of the avatar range system. I think posting your way through the evicted housemates in turn would be double cool.

Kaz
03-12-2001, 07:28 PM
The avatar range system sounds like a good idea, Mark. It would also encourage people to post more in order to move on to a more favourite housemate!! :laugh:

The reward of getting to pick your own avatar once you've worked your way through the housemates is also a good idea - provided as you say that Admin. can check this for size (Yes, it was me who had the HUGE avatar!! http://www.plauder-smilies.com/rotwerd.gif)

Kaz
07-12-2001, 01:35 PM
Come on, guys - let Mark know your views on avatars - I'm sure you'd all like a pretty picture under your name!! :laugh: