PDA

View Full Version : David Sneddon

peachy
31-10-2003, 11:22 AM
David has decided to quit being a performer. He is extremely disillusioned with fame and has signed a publishing deal to write for other artists.

All the story here (http://groups.msn.com/FameAcademyFriends/offtopic.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=11224&LastModified=4675445197612284374&all_topics=1)

Boris
31-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Well After hearing about how all the FA artists have been exploited over the past year I am not surprised !:shocked:

Janette
31-10-2003, 09:11 PM
I always thought David would make his fortune writing songs rather than singing them. It's a shame we won't be seeing him though, he's such a cutie!

:thumbs:

BigSister
02-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Good luck David writing songs

Amy
03-11-2003, 12:00 AM
I was shocked to hear this news but i'm really glad that David has made a decision that he is happy with :thumbs:
Good luck to him in the future :thumbs:

amber
03-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Hello. I'm new and really am so sad about David. I think he needs more encouragement as he is Elton in waiting.

Hope you all agree. Am I being a bit pushy for my first posting?:shocked:

Kaz
03-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Welcome to TiBB, amber. :wavey:

It is sad that David's decided to quit performing, but he's obviously decided he'd be happier concentrating on the songwriting side of things now. You never know, he might change his mind in a year or two!

Of course you're not being pushy . . . . all members' opinions are valued here on TiBB, so you carry on!

Hope you enjoy the forum - happy posting. :colour:

Stu xxx
03-11-2003, 05:31 PM
All I can say is thank god!

He should never have won in the first place :devil:

peachy
03-11-2003, 06:31 PM
I agree he shouldn't have won Stu, but he certainly has had a roller coaster of a year and I feel sorry for the way he's been treated by the press.

Stu xxx
03-11-2003, 06:32 PM
I don't think he has been treated that badly i mean especially when compared to how Hear'Say where treated

LEE
03-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Well I was one of the people who really wanted David to win and was very pleased when he deservedly did.

I think its a great shame that he has decided to step back like this, but I do understand his reasons for doing it and I wish him all the best in the future.

kaphc
03-11-2003, 09:57 PM
It's interesting to see how David is soing compared with Lemarr, who is establishing himself as a credible artist with lots of support in the music industry.

I wanted Sinead to win FA1, even though my support waned at the end when she didn't really sing in tune! Lemarr turned every note into 10 just once too often for my liking, and I never thought David Sneddon was different enough from any of the other solo male artists out there.

But looking back now, I think Lemarr would have been a worthy winner and has certainly used the show as a platform to develop his career. Whereas for David, the initial euphoria has worn off and he is probably fed up of people trying to market him as something he isn't.

I do wish him all the best with song-writing - he is very good at it and will probably make a fortune out of it with all the royalties!

LEE
03-11-2003, 10:59 PM
I didn't like Lemar at the time, but he has grown on me snice then. I agree with you about Sinead never singing in tune, it was what really put me off her.

James
04-11-2003, 12:34 AM
I guess that he doesn't have the right image for what the record companies want, and the pop business must be at least 50% based on image.