PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil vs. Silent Hill *Games, not Movies*

Scarlett.
12-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Do you prefer the action of Resident Evil to the deep meanings behind everything in Silent Hill?

Its obvious which one I like but which do you prefer?

The poll is not about the movie versions

XxShortyxX
12-10-2007, 02:56 PM
I luv Resident Evil! I have that game, I have to say I find Silent Hill to confuseing lol, my brother plays that though, he has completed all of them.

Retroman
12-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Silent hill is more of a story to me, like playing Broken Sword.
Whereas Resident Evil is more action based.

So id say Resident Evil is more fun to play, and more often scarier.
Whereas Silent Hill is more interesting.

Perhaps they should merge the two =]

Scarlett.
12-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Nah it wouldnt go down well, but they are both well made, Silent Hill seems to be more interesting, with deep meanings hidden in everything, and uses phsycological horror more (background noises, and even Silence) which can be more disturbing

Resident Evil however is based on the instinct of survival, which SH also uses but in a different way

Jack
12-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I prefer Resident Evil. I found the Silent Hill series pretty boring.

Scarlett.
12-10-2007, 03:16 PM
I think Silent Hill is more of a book.

Thats why some people find it boring, its all about the story instead of action, I enjoy going to SH forums each day, because things are interpreted in so many ways that people have different theorys about things.

Retroman
12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
An action packed zombie game with an interesting and intreaguing story wouldn't go down well?

I beg to differ.

By merge I didn't literally mean Resident Evil + Silent Hill = Silent Evil, or anything. That's just ridiculous.
Just that the staff of both games could bring about a horror game that far outshines both Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

If people like the action of Resident Evil, and the story of Silent Hill, an action based game with a very indepth story is sure to become an even bigger success if marketed properly.

Scarlett.
12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Ah yes I see what you mean, it would be quite good as long as Silent Hill didnt become fast paced

Jack
12-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I think Resident Evil has a great story. Especially the first one, code veronica, and 4.

Scarlett.
12-10-2007, 03:58 PM
I agree, both games tell great stories

BTW Silent Hill V promises more fighting moves, and wresling monsters off you, Nurse monsters are attracted to light, objects can be nudged, drawing attention to your character, and the dodgy camera angles are in the bin, replaced with a following camera

001steven
13-10-2007, 10:35 PM
resi evil the BEST horror game ever imo silent hill is ok but its to confusing loved resi 3 and 4 cant wait for resi 5

GiRTh
18-10-2007, 12:57 PM
A difficult one. The RE games have been a bit hit and miss but the best ones are better than the Silent Hill games. I'm going to go for RE mainly due to RE4. I bought the game in May and I'm still playing it. It's one of the best games ever. It gets a whopping 96% on Metacritic.

001steven
18-10-2007, 07:20 PM
It got 10/10 on PSM2 magazine yeah resi is the best horror game silent hill imo has tried to clone resi but it still is a good game