PDA

View Full Version : Manhunt 2 to become a (legal) digital download

Scarlett.
26-10-2007, 08:57 AM
An online report has suggested that Rockstar may consider selling its banned game Manhunt 2 via digital distribution.

The Register has said that a 23-year-old legal ruling means Rockstar could sell the game legally online, though there is no indication that the firm is considering such a move.

According to the report, downloadable games are not required to have an age classification as such laws only cover physical products, while the BBFC also admitted there is no law to ban the game from being sold online.

But while distribution of the PC game would be a straightforward affair, the report states it would be much more difficult to get the PS2 or Wii title running.

Although banned in the UK, Manhunt 2 has been awarded a Mature rating in America and will be released there on October 29.

Digital Spy

GiRTh
26-10-2007, 11:49 AM
At last. I'll be looking forward to this.

Scarlett.
26-10-2007, 11:51 AM
It shouldnt have been banned in the first place, after all this is a 'free' country

001steven
26-10-2007, 01:04 PM
yeah it should not of been banned.. stupid BBFC :mad: But apparently the game is rubbish..but i am still going to play it.. i think maybe next year though it will come out officially on PS2

GiRTh
26-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Thing is, if it had not been banned then there would not have such a fuss from gamers. This game will probably be even more popular because of the controversy surrounding it. I hear that copies are going on e-bay for 50-60 quid.

001steven
26-10-2007, 01:32 PM
yeah if anything this ban has promoted it