PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with the England football team?

GiRTh
22-11-2007, 12:47 PM
It's all in the title.:thumbs:

Jack
22-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Everything :rolleyes:

Red Moon
22-11-2007, 12:53 PM
The top league only has 36 regular English players!

The FA is run by people who won't change the system so the league has more English players because they have interests in the Premiership and making money out of TV deals. They don't have the game at heart.

Also we play the wrong style of football and the players are over confident and egotistic.

At the grass roots the training offered to kids is rubbish because all the money goes to the top clubs to pay the wage bills of international super stars.

GiRTh
22-11-2007, 12:55 PM
There has been talk of restricting the number of overseas players but surely the Bosman ruling makes that illegal?

~Kizwiz~
22-11-2007, 12:59 PM
No passion for the game, they get paid too much.

It was a shambles last night, granted they pulled back to even the score but Croatia were clearly playing far better. You could argue that was because they wanted to get noticed by scouts or by the fact they were promised a new car each if they won

~Kizwiz~
22-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by GiRTh
There has been talk of restricting the number of overseas players but surely the Bosman ruling makes that illegal?

Whats the bosman ruling?

GiRTh
22-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ~kizwiz~

Whats the bosman ruling? There you go Kiz. the Bosman ruling in a nutshell.

Bosman Ruling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosman_ruling)

As you see from that any team in a EU country can have as many players as they like from other EU countries. But, they are only allowed to play three players from non-EU countries on match days. This has caused the 2nd nationality thing to be a big issue, with African and South American players claiming to have EU passports so they are not classed as Non-EU players. It's quite complicated but it surely means that we cannot have restrictions on how many English players a club has to have.

Red Moon
22-11-2007, 01:21 PM
It doesn't seem say the EU players have to be eligible to play in matches. Just you can have as many as you like in your team.

Looks like there might be a possible loop hole.

GiRTh
22-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Red Moon
It doesn't seem say the EU players have to be eligible to play in matches. Just you can have as many as you like in your team.

Looks like there might be a possible loop hole. True.

But since it came in teams like Arsenal and Manchester United have been scouting great young players from all over the EU, and the world. They have invested very heavily in this ruling, that's why they are so strongly opposed to any restrictions.

Red Moon
22-11-2007, 01:39 PM
But since it came in teams like Arsenal and Manchester United have been scouting great young players from all over the EU, and the world. They have invested very heavily in this ruling, that's why they are so strongly opposed to any restrictions.

And there is the problem with the FA Board they have interests in those clubs.

One thing is for certain without games the team won't get better and now there is no Euro 08 for England to play in we need other competitive matches to play.

GiRTh
22-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Red Moon
And there is the problem with the FA Board they have interests in those clubs.

One thing is for certain without games the team won't get better and now there is no Euro 08 for England to play in we need other competitive matches to play. Aye. Many of the FA board have associations with the top clubs.

Personally, I think England should have qualified easily. I blame the players. The England national team players are becoming like the basketball players in the NBA. They play their hearts out for their clubs because that means they'll get better contracts and endoresments but can't be bothered when playing for their country. It's all so sad.:bored:

Captain.Remy
22-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I guess everything ! ::bigsmile:

Red Moon
22-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by sunshine30

So what makes the French team so successful so we can copy what you do?

Captain.Remy
22-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Message original : Red Moon

So what makes the French team so successful so we can copy what you do?

Well I guess that we have a good choice of players from international teams and the better ones...from England, Germany, Italy, Spain and France.
The French team is so successful because we had some of the strongest players in the entire world: Michel Platini, Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henri. People are passionated by that, that's a huge phenomeon over here.

GiRTh
22-11-2007, 03:14 PM

Well I guess that we have a good choice of players from international teams and the better ones...from England, Germany, Italy, Spain and France.
The French team is so successful because we had some of the strongest players in the entire world: Michel Platini, Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henri. People are passionated by that, that's a huge phenomeon over here. The French had that academy that produced so many great players. Those players are getting old now I don't see where the next generation is coming from.

Captain.Remy
22-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Message original : GiRTh
The French had that academy that produced so many great players. Those players are getting old now I don't see where the next generation is coming from.

They are strong today but not as much as before. They are getting old, that's true but the next generation is coming, and they are very good.

GiRTh
22-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Roy Keane has entered the debate.:bigsmile:

The Players don't care (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/071122/2/wbfb.html)

Red Moon
22-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Done it..... Problem Solved.

Given the England mens team play like girls we give them all a sex change and they can play in the female tournaments. Of course this would leave us with a bit of a problem in the male tournaments.

However I have solved this problem. We give the whole successful women's team a sex change and they can play in place of the men. After all they do play better football, have more passion and they know what team work is.

Retroman
22-11-2007, 05:50 PM
"Whats wrong with the England football team?"

They have no legs [practically.]

Kate..
22-11-2007, 07:50 PM
They were S*** (in capitals) :wink:
they can't pass properly, they just kept hoofing it
oh it just made me so angry!:cloud:

eduardo played well though and their last goal was amazing!

James
23-11-2007, 01:51 PM
You can't have restrictions on the number of non-English players because it is seen as a restraint of trade.

Anyway, it would be just encouraging mediocrity if you guaranteed players in a team based on nationality rather than ability.

Something which has helped countries like France develop players is that their players go abroad and improve, which hardly ever happens with British players. They don't need to leave this country though because the money is very good.

Red Moon
23-11-2007, 02:16 PM
We could follow the Uday Hussein team improvement system. Motivational lectures which include threats to cut off players' legs. Missed practices resulting in prison time and losses resulted in flogging with electric cable or baths in raw sewage.

That might work for England as well as it did in Iraq at the start of the century.

GiRTh
23-11-2007, 02:21 PM
I see the plan.