PDA

View Full Version : Dermot has quit- OFFICIAL

Tom
27-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes it's sad but true - we can now officially report that following seven very successful years at the helm of E4's Big Brother's Little Brother Dermot O'Leary has taken the decision not to return for the summer series in 2008.

But fear not Dermot fans - he'll still be fronting E4's Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack in January 2008 which will see celebrities taking on the Big Brother mantle, and provide their own unique spin as they interact with the housemates and work side by side with Big Brother.

Dermot said: "It is with great regret that my time on Big Brother will come to an end after Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack. For the last seven years I've had the time of my life working on Big Brother's Little Brother, from our broom cupboard days to the all singing and literally all dancing show we make now.

But this summer's work commitment of BBLB and The X Factor has proven to me that to do both shows is impractical if not impossible. I want to thank Channel 4 and the Big Brother family for all their support and for the opportunity to present a live show that I love with all my heart."

Head of E4 and Big Brother Commissioning Editor Angela Jain said: "BBLB has been Dermot's little baby from the start. He was our first choice and the best choice. We will miss him and all the laughter and professionalism he has brought with him. I'm delighted we can hold on to him a little longer because he has chosen to host Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack as his Big Brother swansong."

We can also confirm that Davina McCall will return to front Big Brother on C4 in the summer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its on the C4 site

Sam!
27-11-2007, 05:41 PM
X Factor you bastard! Go Davina you rock :) X Factor aint on when BB is though haha, how crazy

Tom
27-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Auditions start in May ...

I'm glad he has left, he was boring

Hopefully Lauren Laverne or Holly Willoughby will take over :spin:

Nicky.
27-11-2007, 05:43 PM
OMG
well thats stupidd!!
He rocks on BBLB!

Arneldo
27-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Already posted:-

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=76084

Tom
27-11-2007, 05:48 PM
... but not everyone who checks this board checks that board.

Arneldo
27-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Tom_
... but not everyone who checks this board checks that board.

If you click on 'Today's Posts' you see all boards.

Tom
27-11-2007, 05:53 PM
I never do that and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Jackie
27-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh that's a shame i like him presenting that.:bigsmile:

Billy
27-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I never do that and I'm sure I'm not the only one

I don't either

Scarlett.
27-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Good riddance, he lost his spark during BB8

SairBabi92
27-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Aww no! It won't be the same without him!

Benji
27-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Auditions start in May ...

I'm glad he has left, he was boring

Hopefully Lauren Laverne or Holly Willoughby will take over :spin:

OMG! SHOCK! i wasnt expecting this at this time of the year! Ough!

I presume they may do what they did with BBBM, and have random people presenting it, it will be weird not to have Dermot fronting BBLB...

Its kinda sad he has gone.

Conzors
27-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Bye Hottie Dermot :(:wavey:

Conor
27-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Finally... Dermot gone! A space for someone fresh exiting and new, or else Russel Brand! It probably still wont be the same without him though.

Sam!
27-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Ding Dang Dong.. ooops sorry back on topic.

I liked Dermot :( Shame hes gone.. just like all my "funny" posts

Scarlett.
27-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Dermot kinda seemed off during BB8, with him doing the X factor too, I think its good hes gone

Rory
27-11-2007, 08:21 PM
:( I smell the end of BB altogether sometime soon. Dermot going is devastating. I'd be surprised if they could find anyone as good for the role as he was. I'm sure the new presenter will try too hard while I thought that Dermot was quite comfortable hosting it.

Redmond
27-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Another sign that points towards a Big Brother reformatting process. It has to happen for the show to survive really. With Dermot now gone it's just another reason to give BB a makeover, new look, new tone, new style and new rules.

Please get it away from all the celeb wannabes hanging out in a house for 3 months and make it about actually trying to win the show. Make it about game play, strategy and let them discuss nominations so that game element and group element will happen.

I pray that the producers have their minds thinking BB9 through because if they don't change it and I mean change it properly not just "Hey lets put all women in on the first night", I mean seriously re-think the game and rules, if they don't do that BB9 will flop and it could kill BB forever.

supernoodles!
27-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Rory
:( I smell the end of BB altogether sometime soon. Dermot going is devastating. I'd be surprised if they could find anyone as good for the role as he was. I'm sure the new presenter will try too hard while I thought that Dermot was quite comfortable hosting it.

No Rory dont say it:sad:
BB is like my entire LIFE!
well not totally lol far from it infact but without it id be devastasted

Daniel__
28-11-2007, 09:08 PM
big brother made dermot and just because simon cowell walks in with a big cheque book dermot jumps!!! f+ck dermot anyway he was sh+t they can find someone better
:thumbs2:

Noel
28-11-2007, 09:11 PM
We will miss you dearly. =(

Tom
28-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by danny123
big brother made dermot and just because simon cowell walks in with a big cheque book dermot jumps!!! f+ck dermot anyway he was sh+t they can find someone better
:thumbs2:

I didn't like him either.

Dermot will probably be dropped after X Factor 5 because that is all he signed up for and because Simon looks for a way to freshen up each year, I'm 99% certain X Factor will see a new host for series 6 if it is still going.

Ralja
29-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I am really shocked, I thought he was going to stay to see the whole show through :sad:

He will be sadly missed. :wavey:

xkatex
30-11-2007, 03:00 PM
It won't be the same without Dermot he's been there ever since it started hasn't he? I really don't see the point in any more Big Brother series now cos every year it's the same and then once it's over they are round for like a month then disappear!! It's become boring and now Dermot's leaving it's just proved that BB won't be the same.

Tom
30-11-2007, 03:07 PM
No Dermot has only been there from series 2. The version of BBLB in series 1 was 10 hamsters and 1 was wheeled off when someone was evicted.

Random info for those who didn't know- Natalie Casey (Donna from 2 pints) was a co host with Dermot when it started in 2001 ...

bananarama
05-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I too think it is the beginning of the end of BB as a whole. Or in the way we know it.

Major format change would be a disaster. It's the way the program is handled not the format that needs reforming. BB9 I think will be the very last one.......

natjake2504
05-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Ill miss Dermot but i would love to see emma grittiths and matt willis do it - thought they were fantastic on IAC

BigBrother9
13-12-2007, 07:40 PM
bring Russell brand back he can do bblb

Matt
13-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by BigBrother8
bring Russell brand back he can do bblb

He wouldn't be as funny :laugh:, you can't be rude pre-watershed :nono:

Scarlett.
13-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Aye, Ball Bags dont go down well with your tea:laugh3: