PDA

View Full Version : Message to the producers of BB5

AndyJK
22-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Please, please let's not have a repeat of BB4 where the majority of the contestants are comparable to planks of wood competing for the 'Who Can Sleep The Longest' award. No more qualified chefs, wannabe domestics or dull businessmen this time, thanks. We've had to endure the nice BB last series where contestants have been touchy-feely (without any remote chance of a relationship or a bit of you know what), exchanging pleasantries and entering into dull, nonsensical conversations no one is remotely interested in; reading books, sleeping by the pool and taking turns to do the washing up. Viewers offended by Jade wannabes or the extrovert Lisa types have had their series of BB. We want a much more naughtier, energetic BB this time around.

I'm not suggesting the house-mates should be a mixture of pinup models and page 3 girls jumping in and out of bed with each other. All we ask is that the contestants possess a personality and are interesting, spontaneous, expressive and able to speak their minds. I'd be satisifed if some, if not most, are prone to tantrums, mischief-making and outbursts.

I believe I am speaking for the majority of true BB fans when I ask this.

BB2 meets BB3 will do for me.

BusyBee
23-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Andy how I agree with you. Lets hope they take note.

kaphc
23-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Well yes, I agree that I don't want another BB4. But after the extroverted madness of BB3, I was quite looking forward to series 4, when the info started coming out that there were some housemates who would grow on you and develop as the show went on.

I'd settle for BB2 meets BB1 and stops briefly at BB4 en route.

James
24-02-2004, 10:36 PM
What do you think about changing the voting so that the public vote for their favourite (out of the nominated housemates) instead of least favourite.

In Back to Reality it has meant the big characters who get a lot of screen time stay in, and the quieter ones get the lowest votes.

It's certainly helped Jade, I think. :shocked::hugesmile:

AndyJK
25-02-2004, 06:15 AM
That's another issue I was eventually going to touch on James. I do believe there needs to be a new voting system due to the fiasco of last series where the loudest contestants were finding themselves being evicted first. By voting to keep in your favourite may avoid a reoccurrence of the dull ones surviving a vote.

If the system remains the same then viewers need to note unless they want another snoozeville of BB again, they should vote out the boring contestants this time around, and not be so prudish with those they deem annoying.

I have a feeling that this series will be completely different from the past ones. As someone previously suggested, it will incorporate the ideas used in the USA version.

BusyBee
25-02-2004, 01:04 PM
With regard to the American version I hope they dont copy the fact that the housemates have the final say on who stays in and who is evicted.

Just think of those who would have gone in previous series. The results would have been very different.

I also dont want to see the American ethos enter into our BB where they are are all playing the game and making tactical allegiances all the time.

However I do like the idea of voting for the person you like most. But I do think the important thing that has to be done is to get the mix of housemates right not just in personality, but in age too.

bananarama
29-02-2004, 02:26 PM
BB2 meets BB3 will do for me.

Agreed without doubt. Also. Sorry Jon Tickle fans but i hope against hope they avoid any wannabe inventors too.

I would also wish they stay well away from any ideas from the USA. A total sham of how BB should be.

BB5 needs to be given back to the adults and not to the cos I fink so and so is fit brigade world of texting children.

That won't happen of course as there is too much pocket money they can screw out of kids......:laugh:

Romantic Old Bird
29-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BusyBee
With regard to the American version I hope they dont copy the fact that the housemates have the final say on who stays in and who is evicted.

Just think of those who would have gone in previous series. The results would have been very different.

POINT TAKEN BB! TWOULD HAVE BEEN A TRAGEDY!

I also dont want to see the American ethos enter into our BB where they are are all playing the game and making tactical allegiances all the time.

I THINK THEY DO WXACTLY THAT OVER HERE, ONLY THEY ARE NOT SO UP FRONT ABOUT IT! ALL PRETENDING TO BE EVERYONE'S BEST FRIEND. THAT'S WHY IT SO WONDERFULLY MACHIAVELLIAN!

However I do like the idea of voting for the person you like most.

YEAH!! ELIZABETH WOULD HAVE BEEN SO OUTSKI!! :hello:

But I do think the important thing that has to be done is to get the mix of housemates right not just in personality, but in age too.

I DO THINK TO SOME EXTENT THAT IS A BIT OF A LOTTERY.

AndyJK
04-03-2004, 09:43 AM
I have no problem the producers implementing new ideas providing we don't get another repeat of BB4 - the worst ever series made in the world, I venture.

Originally posted by bananarama

Sorry Jon Tickle fans but i hope against hope they avoid any wannabe inventors too.

I disagree. Jon was more than just a would-be inventor (and inventors are usually eccentrics anyway). He was intelligent, spontaneous and outspoken thus created conflicts with other house-mates (hence the number of times he was nominated for eviction). Jon is the type of contestant we want to see more in the house.

I'd like to see a system that prevented house-mates from nominating at all. As it appears the most entertaining or annoying ones are nominated first.