PDA

View Full Version : Cruel Twist at Auditions!

Amy
24-02-2004, 09:13 AM
AROUND 5,000 people travelled from all over the country to audition in Manchester for the fifth series of Big Brother.

Would-be housemates queued for up to four hours to explain to producers of the hit Channel 4 reality TV show why they would be perfect for the programme.

The open audition, held at New Century House on Corporation Street, was the only one held in the North-west.

Staff from the programme's production company, Endemol, scoured the queue for possible talent, selecting hopefuls for the chance to be a small-screen star.

The contestants were then gathered into groups of ten, and each person was given the chance to say why he or she would be ideal for the Big Brother house.

The group were then asked to nominate one person who they felt was not suitable for the show.

And in a cruel twist, the very person nominated was selected for the next stage of the audition, which included a meeting with producers and a chance to enter the show's 'Diary Room', to tell Big Brother why they would be the perfect housemate.

Full story Here (http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/lancashire/bolton/news/NEWS4.html)

Romantic Old Bird
24-02-2004, 11:01 AM
WHAT A GREAT RUSE!

That way we are sure to end up with misfits, loud-mouths, lotharios and the truly creepy. The occasional gem will still slip through, and that quiet lad at the end will gain confidence and slowly reveal his plans for world domination....

BusyBee
24-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Well you have got to give them 10/10 for trying - sounds like they will end up with quite a hotchpotch of people which is just what is needed.

Amy
24-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by BusyBee
Well you have got to give them 10/10 for trying - sounds like they will end up with quite a hotchpotch of people which is just what is needed.

Lets hope it works, fingers crossed!

BigSister
24-02-2004, 03:33 PM
ooh thanks Amy for that
Sounds intresting

Di2001
24-02-2004, 05:14 PM
BB5 - bring it on!!!!

liliacqueen
03-05-2004, 06:51 PM
but if they voted em off they may vote the boring ppl meaning the house will be full of rubish ppl 2 watch bt maybe not

bananarama
05-05-2004, 05:56 PM
well spotted liliacqueen but in past BB's the housemates have tended to vote off the extroverts among them. Or anyone they feel interesting or poular enough to be competition to them.

So in theory having done what they have done (Presumably) and retained the ones voted off,they may I hope against hope end up with more interesting extroverts.

But at the end of the day they will still need a huge pinch of luck to get the right blend of characters.

There is also a danger that they may finish up with a bunch one shot clowns who have spent themselves out at the auditions and will not have the entertaining staying power for 10 weeks.

Live in hope. signed the ever and increasing pessimistic bananarama.:laugh:

jaybitches
03-05-2009, 01:49 AM
bump!
Little did we know that this was about be the best series ever!

John.
03-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by jaybitches
bump!
Little did we know that this was about be the best series ever!
agreed 1000000%

:kiss:

jaybitches
03-05-2009, 02:57 AM
:kiss:
I remember when this was on, i loved it!!
But i am one of the few who like a series for what i think, rather than the what the ratings think lol