PDA

View Full Version : News From The Auditions

Redmond
08-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I've just been on DS reading the audition threads, it doesn't look to positive for BB9, they seem to be targeting the wrong type of housemates. Here's what information has been told about the auditions so far:

-The producers seem to be targeting extreme people this year. An old guy dressed as a wizard got lots of attention, he was interviewed by Glyn and had a camera with him at all times. There was also a wrestler who bordered on psychotic who got lots of filming.

- They want some sort of pairing this year. Lots of couples/ siblings got through.

Process is the same

Games
Group of 10
Stamp
Application form
Interview with producers

Extreme characters and siblings, man oh man, not the type of show I want to watch.

Jack
08-12-2007, 05:43 PM
I really hope not, I'm fed up of gimmicky housemates. I want "normal" people. When will the producers learn that relatively normal people doesn't mean they're boring?

Redmond
08-12-2007, 05:55 PM
They are going to end up killing their own show. They are totally oblivious to what the fans of the show want. They are just looking for headline grabbers and extreme, over the top characters, which will do fine in the first few days but they'll quickly become boring because they are a gimmick and that's all, no substance to them.

The thread on DS is quite interesting, the two people that auditioned made it through to stage two and they both went for the 'game play' aspect, saying that they would treat the show like it was intended to be a 'game show' and the producers seemed to like what they were saying but still turned them down. Which is hugely disappointing because I personally think 14 housemates all with a game play mentality, where they all actually want to compete and win the money would make for a really entertaining series, forget the gimmicks, forget the sitting around waiting for your Nuts photoshoot, just 14 relatively normal housemates all backstabbing, strategising against each other to win £100,000...I would watch that.

Nicky.
08-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I just searched on YouTube for Big Brother 08 Auditions and Big Brother 9 Auditions..
I think they sum it up...

Redderst
08-12-2007, 11:12 PM
i wish folk would stop saying they want normal housemates. its not going to happen. half of the BB8 hms where normal and the series was the second worst yet.
if they pick normal folk for bb9 they will do nothing extream to make to you watch the show. Big borther is all about pushing boundries. i dont want family members going in like the twins or old folk who want to leave within a day. i want waky housmeates. BB5 was the best yet. are you trying to say they are normal. no they where the first freak show.

they picked normal hm for bb4 becuse it was back to basics theme but it was the worst yet. it gets me realy wound up about it when everyone goes on about it. just shut up and dont watch. who agrees with me!

Spike
09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Redderst
i wish folk would stop saying they want normal housemates. its not going to happen. half of the BB8 hms where normal and the series was the second worst yet.
if they pick normal folk for bb9 they will do nothing extream to make to you watch the show. Big borther is all about pushing boundries. i dont want family members going in like the twins or old folk who want to leave within a day. i want waky housmeates. BB5 was the best yet. are you trying to say they are normal. no they where the first freak show.

they picked normal hm for bb4 becuse it was back to basics theme but it was the worst yet. it gets me realy wound up about it when everyone goes on about it. just shut up and dont watch. who agrees with me!

I agree. I want a freak show for BB9 :laugh:

Arneldo
09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
The Dublin auditions didn't sound to good either. Two friends who idolize Samanda got through, as did a guy dressed a chicken, a lesbian wrestler, husband and wife swingers, and a very camp guy who was later told to go home after it was found out he worked for a Dublin radio show.

Tom
09-12-2007, 05:20 PM
To be fair, people do say that they want normal housemates. When normal housemates turn up with no contraversial characters, you end up with a cast like BB8, then people complain because they are too boring ... even though they wanted normal in the first place ...!

Redmond
09-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm not saying I want normal housemates and that's it. I want normal housemates who want to play the game, normal people but who will backstab, cheat and form strategies. If you got 14 relatively normal people but who all wanted to play the game and win the show, you'd have an extremely entertaining series. Big Brother just has to get these housemates and change the rules to fit a game playing theme.

Most of the extreme characters end up been boring, Shahbaz became tedious very quickly and ended up going in Week 1, same with the 'witch' Mary in BB6.

Bells
09-12-2007, 06:19 PM
The very essence of the show has become extremely different compared to previous years - and frankly, I think it was bound to happen. Whilst there are clearly lots of strange people out there, it doesn't exactly represent the country as a whole. We really need a good mix. Although we didn't exactly have 'freaks' in BB8, the characteristics were really similar between some housemates, with perhaps only a handful of exceptions.

It is understandable that these days people are looking for fame through BB rather than the experience itself, but again, I think we need a mix. I won't speak too soon seeing as BB9 is a while off; furthermore, the show tends to become addictive no matter what. But I am in fact going off it more which is why I hope it changes in terms of the housemates and format as a whole. However, it's hard to please everybody.

krissybabe06
09-12-2007, 06:21 PM
i agree

Redmond
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM
You're right BB8 may not have had extreme characters but it had so many similar type of housemates. Chanelle, Charley, Shabnam, the Twins were all the glamour types looking for magazine deals.

You really need a good mix of people, BB5 had the perfect mix of quite over-the-top housemates like Ahmed, Nadia, Marco, Emma, Kitten but then it had more reserved yet still entertaining housemates like Shell, Vanessa, Michelle, Stuart, Dan. Then mixed with the game playing housemates Victor and Jason. Combined it made a brilliant series.

Redderst
09-12-2007, 07:12 PM
I think big borther 9 will work they just need to change the format and the house like bb5

krissybabe06
09-12-2007, 07:14 PM
yeah i agree

Redderst
09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Also we dont know if what they are saying from the Auditions are true. As i have said BB9 will just need a little polishing up new rules and we will want to see a new side to big borther. what that side is ( if getting nicer or getting more than eveil and twsted put toghther) we just have to wait and see. BB7 i liked in the first week or two but the hms where to scared to argue so just backstabed instead. i like it when they are at war but also like the backstabbing and when they are having fun as well.

Redderst
09-12-2007, 08:50 PM
They could also do what they do with shipwreck and show you what been going on during the week in one show

andybigbro
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Lets hope they make the right decisions though

Redmond
09-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I'd like to see the Under The Radar idea been adapted in to our BB. So that the boring housemates are automatically put up for eviction if they aren't entertaining.

\PJ/
09-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I really hope BB9 is not boring and dull,and i hope that the show is not held together by the evil row causer one and everyone saying when there evicted "they were so entertaining and it's boring now" but you know what i have a feeling it might be.:bored::bored:.

Redderst
09-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I have a good feeling about bb9. We all thoguth it was the end of bb after bb4 but it proved us wrong.

Lauren
09-12-2007, 10:31 PM
So basically I don't have a flying shites chance in hell.

I might make my bf come along with me, haha. (Joking... I don't wanna get in that much. I don't wanna get in really, I wanna experience auditions at the most!).

Diablo
09-12-2007, 10:59 PM
it doesnt matter who gets through,, the public always vote the wrong people out and it turns boring.. :sad:

Redmond
10-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Diablo
it doesnt matter who gets through,, the public always vote the wrong people out and it turns boring.. :sad:

Not if all the housemates are entertaining. Just look at BB5, it never really mattered who was evicted in terms of entertainment, it never became boring after someones eviction. It annoyed me when Victor was evicted because he was my favourite but it was still entertaining the last two weeks.