PDA

View Full Version : Class act: The belles of St Trinian's swap gymslips for red carpet gowns

Red Moon
10-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Class act: The belles of St Trinian's swap gymslips for red carpet gownsIt was the night the girls of St Trinian's graduated.

Pleated miniskirts were replaced by Dolce & Gabbana and Armani as the pubescent rebels from the school were transformed into a spectacle of glamour.

And of course, there wasn't a hockey stick in sight.

Stars including Amara Karan, Tamsin Egerton and the members of Girls Aloud, walked the pink carpet at Leicester Square for the London premiere of the movie revival of the 1950s films.

Miss Karan, 23, wore a Dolce & Gabbana black strapless dress and admitted that, unlike her wayward character, she was 'passionate' about her schoolwork as a girl.

Miss Egerton dazzled in a sparkling silver dress by Armani and admitted that co-star Colin Firth had been ever-so-slightly intimidated by the gaggle of girls he had to work with while making the film.

"There was a lot of girl power... poor Colin was a bit overwhelmed," she said.

Rupert Everett, who cross-dresses for the role of headmistress Camilla Fritton, was relieved to return to gender.

"I had these enormous double D cup breasts," he said. "They put my back out. After filming finished I had to lie down."

Everett, whose idea it was to revive the series, performs a love scene with Firth.

Russell Brand, who plays Flash Harry, brought his mother along to the premiere.

She told reporters: "He's a lovely son. I'm very proud of him."

Brand said: "People ask if I was not tempted by those schoolgirls in the film. I told them, 'They're children, but Rupert Everett was a really tasty mistress'. How I kept my hands off him was a mystery."

The St Trinian's concept started life as a cartoon drawn by Ronald Searle, and evolved into a series of films starring George Cole, Alastair Sim and Joyce Grenfell.

Firth described the revival as "naughty but not too naughty... our standards of bad behaviour have changed these days".
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=501127&in_page_id=1773)