PDA

View Full Version : Live challenge

Redderst
16-12-2007, 08:56 PM
Who thinks the live challenges shoud be brought back for BB9. The pepole who go on the show want the money more than ever before so i think they should bring back the challenges every saturday. They are comming back for BB:CH who want them back for bb9

Loukas
16-12-2007, 09:13 PM
are they really coming back for bbch!! :hello:

Redderst
16-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah but not to do with the money its to do with the abilitys the hms have.

Redmond
16-12-2007, 09:19 PM
That's the thing though the housemates don't actually want the prize money any more, they want the fame and the money that comes after the show. I'd love it if they got housemates that actually did want to win the money though.

Personally I would bring back the Live Saturday Challenge and the winner would be House Leader for that week, the winner wouldn't able to compete in two challenges in a row though so it varies. The House Leader would then get a king-size bed, their own food budget and would be immune from nominations for that week and to spice things up they get to 'change' a nomination.
-What I mean is, all the housemates nominate two people as normal except the House Leader
-The nominations would take place on a Sunday or Monday day time and then the results would be announced live on BBLB on Monday evening.
-Then the housemates have a day to try to convince the House Leader to change one of the nominations or they may want them to keep them the same if it works in their favour.
-Then on Tuesday live on BBLB the House Leader makes their choice whether they want to keep the nominations the same or if they want to take one of the nominations off and replace them with a new housemate.
-Who ever is left nominated on the Tuesday face the public vote and will be evicted on the Friday

This is kind of incorporating the BBUSA Head of House and Power Of Veto into one but adding a bit of a twist on it. I just think it would change the format a lot and make the game more intense, it would make the housemates more competitive and scheming, that way you wouldn't get people sat around doing nothing or arguing about what to have for dinner constantly. It would cause people to up their games and physically and mentally play the game properly to stay in and not just rely on the public vote.

Also raise the overall prize fund to £500,000 so it gives the housemates more of an incentive to win. Or as others have suggested before give them personal funds.

If others have any other ways to adapt these ideas please feel free to add.

Redderst
16-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Look i like the hm they ppick. They are waky and extream. I wish pepole would stop saying let go back to basics its not going to happen. I think pepole who say that the hm want fame are just jealous becuse they cant get into the house becuse they have nothing to give. I dont care whaqt the hm do AFTER bb its what they do ON bb that i care about

Redderst
16-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Rubbish idea BB usa dont get good ratings we get more than they do. I want bb9 to be OUR bb just like bb5. we created the evil format

Jack
16-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Redmond
That's the thing though the housemates don't actually want the prize money any more, they want the fame and the money that comes after the show. I'd love it if they got housemates that actually did want to win the money though.

Personally I would bring back the Live Saturday Challenge and the winner would be House Leader for that week, the winner wouldn't able to compete in two challenges in a row though so it varies. The House Leader would then get a king-size bed, their own food budget and would be immune from nominations for that week and to spice things up they get to 'change' a nomination.
-What I mean is, all the housemates nominate two people as normal except the House Leader
-The nominations would take place on a Sunday or Monday day time and then the results would be announced live on BBLB on Monday evening.
-Then the housemates have a day to try to convince the House Leader to change one of the nominations or they may want them to keep them the same if it works in their favour.
-Then on Tuesday live on BBLB the House Leader makes their choice whether they want to keep the nominations the same or if they want to take one of the nominations off and replace them with a new housemate.
-Who ever is left nominated on the Tuesday face the public vote and will be evicted on the Friday

This is kind of incorporating the BBUSA Head of House and Power Of Veto into one but adding a bit of a twist on it. I just think it would change the format a lot and make the game more intense, it would make the housemates more competitive and scheming, that way you wouldn't get people sat around doing nothing or arguing about what to have for dinner constantly. It would cause people to up their games and physically and mentally play the game properly to stay in and not just rely on the public vote.

Also raise the overall prize fund to £500,000 so it gives the housemates more of an incentive to win. Or as others have suggested before give them personal funds.

If others have any other ways to adapt these ideas please feel free to add.

Great ideas there. I think they should definitely have a HoH, similar to BBUSA. I think an overall prize fund for the ultimate winner (maybe £200,000) and personal prize funds is the way forward.

Jack
16-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Redderst
Rubbish idea BB usa dont get good ratings we get more than they do. I want bb9 to be OUR bb just like bb5. we created the evil format

That format is stale now. We need something fresh.

Redmond
16-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Look i like the hm they ppick. They are waky and extream. I wish pepole would stop saying let go back to basics its not going to happen. I think pepole who say that the hm want fame are just jealous becuse they cant get into the house becuse they have nothing to give. I dont care whaqt the hm do AFTER bb its what they do ON bb that i care about

Who said anything about going back to basics? Read my post I suggested a totally new format, how is that back to basics?

You said that the housemates want to win the money...but they don't, I really wish they did...I really really do because that means they would play the game. Housemates that want fame out of the show are dull because they don't entertain, they just sit around half-naked waiting for their Nuts photoshoot it's boring. BB8 had far too many of these types and it was the worst series of BB ever.

I want scheming, back-stabbing, game-playing housemates who don't care about fame but care about winning the show and winning the money and will do anything to get it.

And why would people who say they don't like fame-hungry housemates be jealous? I can't speak for everyone but personally I've never tried to get into BB and wouldn't want to in a million years, because nowadays it's a bunch of desperado's who have no respect for the game who just go in to become a z-list non-entity. BBUSA on the otherhand I'd audition for in a heartbeat if I had the chance.

Redderst
16-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I think what they shoud to is have the bedroom seprait from the house like bb5 and lock the door evey day and open it up at 3 pm for an hour then close it to nine o clock and if they sleep instead of an alarm to wake them up for ages put on the alarm and let them have two min to get out of the bedroom and if all the hms are not out in two mins the prize fund goes down. that would be truley evil and with the bedroom locked they cant sleep all day and if they sleep in the living area they just do what they do in the mo0rning just put on the amarm and they have two mins to get up or money goes down and they have a strick sysmtem. iof the alarm goes on three times during the day instead of waringing them the money goes down without telling them.

Redmond
16-12-2007, 09:31 PM

We don't get higher ratings than BBUSA we get around the same nowadays because obviously America is bigger than UK so it has a wider audience.

But I couldn't give a crap about ratings, BBUSA is a superior series to our last 3 series, it has a competitive format where the housemates respect the game and are always strategising and forming alliances and backstabbing.

Plus I've already told you, BBUK has already taken a lot of ideas from BBUSA so I don't see why we couldn't adapt the HOH idea.

Redderst
16-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Sorry god dont bite ma head off

Redmond
16-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I think what they shoud to is have the bedroom seprait from the house like bb5 and lock the door evey day and open it up at 3 pm for an hour then close it to nine o clock and if they sleep instead of an alarm to wake them up for ages put on the alarm and let them have two min to get out of the bedroom and if all the hms are not out in two mins the prize fund goes down. that would be truley evil and with the bedroom locked they cant sleep all day and if they sleep in the living area they just do what they do in the mo0rning just put on the amarm and they have two mins to get up or money goes down and they have a strick sysmtem. iof the alarm goes on three times during the day instead of waringing them the money goes down without telling them.

That would become dull very fast. One time maybe but I want to see the housemates compete for the money, do proper tasks and challenges that put them to the test mentally and physically.

Jack
16-12-2007, 09:34 PM

But HMs don't care about the prize fund (unless it was at least £500,000). They just think "*****, the money, I'm in it for the fame". It's a shame that most of the people who audition are wannabes now.

Redmond
16-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Sorry god dont bite ma head off

Sorry. I should have put a smilie after it just to show it's not coming across as angry. :tongue:

But I agree with you the show needs a format change.

Redderst
16-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Then bring EVIl big borther back. They have been to scared to get big chrectors since bb5 incase thetre is another fight night

Redderst
16-12-2007, 09:41 PM
What abnout a battle of the sexes that might work. What you think

Redmond
16-12-2007, 10:19 PM
What abnout a battle of the sexes that might work. What you think

Hmm, again maybe for a one-off task but I think it would be too dull for the full series. Look at the 'all female' start to BB8 it fell really flat.

The series needs to vary and what it needs is a combination of BB5 style characters, remember not all of them where that extreme..okay maybe a few where :laugh: but people like Victor and Jason were great because they were game-players and wanted to win the money, they didn't care too much about the fame aftewards, they really respected the game. So it needs a combination of those style of housemates mixed with a more competitive format and I think we'd get a great series. BB7 tried to get too extreme characters like Shahbaz and Lea and to me they became really dull really quick because they were too gimmicky.

Either that or Big Brother Allstars which I'm dying to see happen. It would be awesome.

Redderst
16-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Do you think they would put jade in bb al stars if it is the last series

Redderst
16-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Also change they way they are evicted. maby vote to save then pepole like charile will stay in if up for evition

Matt
16-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Also change they way they are evicted. maby vote to save then pepole like charile will stay in if up for evition

*Prays they never change to vote to save*

Matt
16-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Do you think they would put jade in bb al stars if it is the last series

Nope.

Redderst
16-12-2007, 11:36 PM
you know what i give up talking on this forum. pepole like you matt just want to keep voting out the good hms in the house. the min charile left half of the ratings went down. Why do pepole these days want peple like carol in the house. you are all twats the whole lot of you. the bloody thing will probg change and if you dont like it get to ****. 'I wnat it back to basic' its not going back to basics. bb9 will change and half of you will be like 'Oh my god theres housmate having a row. its good to watch but i want rid of the hm becuse shes a stron charector better evict that person then' loosers the whole lot of you. am starting to think its us that make bb boring instead of the hms

Matt
16-12-2007, 11:46 PM
you know what i give up talking on this forum. pepole like you matt just want to keep voting out the good hms in the house. the min charile left half of the ratings went down. Why do pepole these days want peple like carol in the house. you are all twats the whole lot of you. the bl***y thing will probg change and if you dont like it get to ****. 'I wnat it back to basic' its not going back to basics. bb9 will change and half of you will be like 'Oh my god theres housmate having a row. its good to watch but i want rid of the hm becuse shes a stron charector better evict that person then' loosers the whole lot of you. am starting to think its us that make bb boring instead of the hms

Whoa there. I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm all in favour of keeping in 'big characters', but when 'big characters' means people like Charley, who just constantly argue, then I would rather not see them in there.

Redderst
16-12-2007, 11:57 PM
But wouldnt you pefer to get rid of pepole like charol first. Get rif of the rubbish housmeates and then once you hve got rid of all the rubbish ones then start getting rid of the good ones

Captain.Remy
17-12-2007, 05:20 AM
Back on the topics guys please.
The live tasks have to be back, they were awesome on BB5 !! :bouncy:

Redmond
17-12-2007, 02:45 PM
But wouldnt you pefer to get rid of pepole like charol first. Get rif of the rubbish housmeates and then once you hve got rid of all the rubbish ones then start getting rid of the good ones

Face it Redderst every housemate in BB8 was boring, yes even Charlie..she may have added entertainment for a couple of weeks but she quickly became boring because it was the same argument day after day after day. In BB5 the arguments were good, they had a point to them, it was different people getting involved...but in BB8 it was just Charlie bickering about how she was the star of the show or Carol arguing about food...god I hated BB8, literally the worst series ever.

I do want BB to go to Vote To Save though, that way big characters would stay in longer. But the producers really need to get strong, different housemates...people that we've never seen on BB before...I mentioned it before...how about a really extreme rock-star type of housemate, how about a sly yet charming type of housemate who can pretend to get on with everyone but behind their back in the Diary Room is ripping them all apart.

Redderst
17-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I have never said bb8 hms where good. They where the worst yet. BB8 could have been good if it wanst for cbb. They would have got better hms. But in a way am happy bb8 turned out the way it did becuse its an eye opener for the producers.

Any way who eles would like the live challenges back

:)tom:)
17-12-2007, 03:21 PM
yey i lik the live ones apart from when it takes forever 4 the housemates to get ready

Spike
17-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I want the live tasks back, they were great on BB5

MarkWaldorf
17-12-2007, 03:26 PM
I remember the live tasks from BB4, and the secret rooms. They were great viewing, I hope they return some day.

We don't even get saturday night shows anymore.