PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Gets Nasty.

Thunderor
22-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Endemol are looking for more nasty housemates this year having recognised that last years lot were far too nice.

Article in the Sun . (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2004131641,00.html)

BusyBee
22-03-2004, 11:38 AM
They may appear nasty, but are they going to be nasty on the programme if they think they may get voted off and lose out on the money??????

Amy
22-03-2004, 06:48 PM
I can't see how they know what the people will even be like in the house If they did then surely they would have had a mixture last year?

AndyJK
22-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Brian is a nice guy, but the incidents with Josh would point out that Brian could lose his temper too. Contestants shouldn't judged whether they are 'nice', but instead whether they possess a personality and other qualities that make them interesting and appealing.

Nonetheless the article (if it's true) gives me hope that this time will be a complete break-away from the last dire series.

Romantic Old Bird
23-03-2004, 11:05 AM
I agree James.

Brian's gentler humour?

Sometimes it was gentle, but far more often it was ascerbic and well............bitchy!

Not that it was bad for that, it was always funny - unless it was at the expense of Paul of course!:bawling:

BusyBee
23-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Quite agree, although Brian had a lovely side to him, he was very much me, me, me and had to be the centre of attention. When he wasnt a different side of him emerged. He could be very nasty, especially to Helen saying things about Paul that he knew would upset her. For instance he was the one who put it into her mind that Paul would be with someone else on the last night and he kept on and on about it, when what she wanted and needed was reassurance. All Brian's ill-feelings towards Paul came out that last week whoever it hurt.

AndyJK
25-03-2004, 10:28 AM
I did overlook Brian's bitchy comments, so he wasn't always the sweet Brian we like to remember him as. They all had their moments in BB2, really. But then they weren't all playing a game. That's what made it fun. They were expressing their thoughts and not holding back. Stuart was brilliant trying to take control of situations and standing up to other contestants he believed were stepping over the line. Fair play to him as it made him unpopular which he was prepared to risk. That's the sort of character we want to see in the house.

It's also worth mentioning that the crowd must stop the booing of contestants next series. I'm sure it doesn't fill house-mates with confidence if they're to expect that kind of thing upon their release if they dare to show spontaneity or argue with others within the house. If it doesn't stop, then C4 really must decide whether it's worth the hassle of having a large crowd in future, and instead just have a selective studio audience. Booing should not be tolerated.

BusyBee
25-03-2004, 03:36 PM
It's also worth mentioning that the crowd must stop the booing of contestants next series.

Oh how I agree. Its bad enough coming back into the 'real world' for the housemates without having to face a hostile crowd. Luckily so far the people who have been subjected to booing have been pretty strong characters, but just imagine how Jade would have been if she had been evicted during the 'hate Jade' period. She would have been devastated.

Davina has always looked really embarassed when it happens. Just bad manners really.