PDA

View Full Version : The Xbox 360 thread

Spike
27-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Talk about anything to do with the Xbox360 here.

Ruth*Star
27-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Wooo! i love the 360, i have the following games
Smackdown Vs. Raw 08
Dead or Alive 4
Rumble Roses XX (Thought it'd rawk, i like it, though its not the best)
Forza Motorsports 2

I'm wanting Call of Duty 4 and Stuntman Ignition.

Spike
27-12-2007, 04:19 PM
I have
COD4
Bioshock
Halo 3
PES 2008
Virtual Tennis 3
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

I am really impressed with the Xbox 360 it is so much better than the Wii and the games are great

Ruth*Star
27-12-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm impressed as well, i love it, Dead or alive is amazing graphic wise, so is wwe's game, though the reverse system on sd vs raw sucks, its not about timing anymore, its chance really. Though the elimination chambers are so good, i entered first and won the thing, and retained randys wwe title in the process.

Spike
27-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Microsoft has said Europe will be the territory it aims to conquer next year, with Sony top of its agenda.

Jeff Bell, head of global marketing at Microsoft, told Reuters: "The biggest challenge is that Sony as a brand has had greater staying power than in other areas. Not just PlayStation 3, but Sony as a brand.

"We will sell more consoles next year than this year, Europe for us is still the swing."

The Xbox 360 chief also added that the firm's next-gen console will gain market share in France and Germany, as well as Japan.

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a82136/microsoft-we-aim-to-conquer-sony-in-2008.html)

GiRTh
27-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Has anyone played Crackdown?

Sarah.
27-12-2007, 05:31 PM
The Wii is better!
But Call of Duty 4 is good, that's all i've played.

Spike
27-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by mrs_rko
The Wii is better!

What games did your brother get for Christmas?

Sarah.
27-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Spike
The Wii is better!

Call of Duty 4
PES 08
Halo 3
Need for Speed Carbon
Viva Pinata !!!!
and i can't remember the rest lol

Spike
27-12-2007, 05:37 PM
The Wii is better!

Call of Duty 4
PES 08
Halo 3
Need for Speed Carbon
Viva Pinata !!!!
and i can't remember the rest lol

Good choice of games

Tom4784
27-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I've got an xbox had one for about a year or 2. I like it but I want a Wii a bit more but It's quite good.

I've got;

Dead or alive 4
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider anniversary
Saints Row
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Hitman Blood Money
Need for Speed (can't remember the name It's the one that came out before the new one)
Smackdown vs Raw
Perfect Dark
Pro Evo 2008
Spiderman 3
Gears of War

and a few others I can't remember. Anyone got Xbox Live?

Spike
28-12-2007, 11:36 AM
I've got Xbox live Dezzy. What is Saints Row like I might get me it

Ruth*Star
28-12-2007, 11:40 AM
I'll have it soon, i just need to buy a earthnet cable to connect my 360 to my laptop, then i can have the months free trial, then i need to save the 40 quid for the years service.

Tom4784
28-12-2007, 11:43 AM
If you like GTA you'll most likely like Saints Row, it hasn't got no airplanes or boats to control but you can customize cars and the gameplay revolves around being in a gang, it's not bad really. It'll probably tide you over until GTA4 comes out.

Spike
28-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Dezzy
If you like GTA you'll most likely like Saints Row, it hasn't got no airplanes or boats to control but you can customize cars and the gameplay revolves around being in a gang, it's not bad really. It'll probably tide you over until GTA4 comes out.

I like the GTA games, so I might get me it.

Spike
28-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Xbox 360 best-seller Halo 3 not only received rave reviews from the critics, but it is also likely to pick up gasps from industry outsiders after it was revealed that the game cost an estimated £15 million to develop, with several more millions spent on marketing.

The BBC has reported that costs for developing the latest hit games is rocketing, with more developers taking risks in an attempt to recoup the potential lucrative rewards.

While Halo 3 had a major budget for a video game, the fact that it brought in a record $170 million on day one will have put its investors' minds at rest. The title earned the most ever for an entertainment product in one day, even outdoing movie Spider-Man 3, the biggest-grossing Hollywood film.

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a82352/halo-3-cost-gbp15-million-to-develop.html)

Stu
28-12-2007, 03:27 PM
My Xbox Live gamertag is 'The Acid Crab'. Feel free to add me.

Ruth*Star
29-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Today i bought Just Cause, i was looking for another game and it looked good plus it was 12 quid so i'll start playing it tonight.

Spike
29-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Ruth*Star
Today i bought Just Cause, i was looking for another game and it looked good plus it was 12 quid so i'll start playing it tonight.

I was looking for a game today but I didn't buy anything. Tell us what it is like after you have played on it, i'm thinking about getting it.

Stu
29-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Trading in Perfect Dark Zero [cleared] , Quake 4 [Cleared] and Just Cause & Far Cry [could not be arsed clearing] tomorrow for Mass Effect.

Ive also begun a quest to get ALL the achievements in Oblivion & The Shivering Isles because I shamelessly admit to being an achievement-craving *****.

Ruth*Star
29-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Ruth*Star

I was looking for a game today but I didn't buy anything. Tell us what it is like after you have played on it, i'm thinking about getting it. Sure, i've just started playing it now, once i've played for about an hour, i'll tell you what its like.

Stu
29-12-2007, 07:16 PM
I thought Just Cause was good fun for a while. As unrealistic as it is , the concept of car hopping and gliding through the air is fun for a few hours. The games two main drawbacks though are that the map is simply TOO big and loads of the missions border on the identical.

Id give it a 7. Its a good fun for a while , and if you got it cheap like you can now , its a good deal. Their are just better 360 games out their I think.

Ruth*Star
30-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I played just cause for about 1 hour last night, i completed the first mission which was easy really, shooting cars and watching other cars getting blown up was fun, i liked the swimming part aswell, I'm onto the second mission which is to go this prison place, though i had this girl slap me on the game which was confusing, I'll play it again tonight, though I'd rather play dead or alive or smackdown vs raw.

Spike
30-12-2007, 01:14 PM
I don't think i'm going to get it because it sounds like there are a lot better games to buy.

Spike
30-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I've been playing on Halo 3 for a bit today and I really don't think it is that good. COD4 and Bioshock are so much better.

Spike
04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Microsoft has promised to give all of its Xbox Live members a completely free game to download after many were plagued with connection problems to the service during the Christmas period.

General manager Mark Whitten said the problems came from a "massive increase" in the number of new users signing up to its online gold service.

In a statement, Whitten said: "While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance."

Before Christmas, Microsoft's service had over eight million subscribers, but that figure is expected to have grown significantly during the past few weeks.

Although no details of the free game have yet been announced, Whitten added: "Microsoft would give details of the offer in the coming weeks."

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a82731/microsoft-promises-users-free-game.html)

Spike
04-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Speculation is rife that Microsoft is to release yet another version of its Xbox 360 console, this time with a built-in HD-DVD player, claims Joystiq.

The rumour, which also suggests the new machine will include a 320Gb hard drive and Wi-Fi, claims Bill Gates will reveal the new machine during his keynote speech at this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, which begins on January 7.

If the announcement proves correct, it would put the Xbox 360 on par with the PlayStation 3 and its built-in Blu-ray player.

The report also states that Microsoft could license its Xbox technology out to other electronic companies, raising the possibility more models made by firms such as Toshiba could emerge.

Microsoft has yet to make any official announcement.

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a82579/super-xbox-360-with-hd-dvd-rumoured.html)

Ruth*Star
05-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh that sounds good, I spent the last £20 i had from xmas today and bought Stuntman Ignition, i'm happy since its what i've been wanting.
I'll play it tonight.

Spike
05-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I was going to get me Stuntman Ignition because it was on sale on play.com but I didn't know if I would like it. Tell me what you think of the game after you have played on it please.

Ruth*Star
05-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I've just put the disc in, i've started playing, its kinda hard. I'll give a propper review later. :)

Scarlett.
07-01-2008, 01:53 PM
I got
Halo 3 (completed it)
Assassins Creed (completed it)
and with the controller
Forza Motorsport 2 and Viva Pináta

the games on my to get list this year are
GTA IV
Silent Hill V
Splinter Cell: ConViction

(dont ask my why roman numerals are used in all of them

Spike
08-01-2008, 03:21 PM
A US games magazine claims that it has evidence that Microsoft is already working on a third-generation Xbox console.

EGM has stated that an undisclosed Microsoft Xbox 360 game has been canned and, instead, Bill Gates and his team are now creating the title for the launch of the next Xbox.

Although it is logical that all of the main console players will be planning their next move in the lucrative games business, this is the first time plans of any future systems has been revealed.

But given that Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft have all stated they are keen to extend the life cycle of their current consoles, it is unlikely that Microsoft have any plans for the near future.

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a83677/microsoft-developing-all-new-xbox-3.html)

Scarlett.
16-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Bought COD 4 yesterday, today bought Ghost Recon advance warfighter II and Rainbow Six Vegas

Scarlett.
18-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Completed COD4 now, its a fantastic game
Rainbow six is quite hard though
and Ghost Recon is a bit hard too

Spike
18-01-2008, 03:11 PM
I want to complete COD4 this weekend but I don't think I will have time because I have got a lot of revising to do.

Scarlett.
18-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Have you got to the bit where
The nuke goes off?
I love that bit:thumbs2:

Spike
30-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Fans of action game Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 can now download additional content after Ubisoft unveiled a new package on Xbox Live.

Entitled Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Co-op Collection, the package, according to Ubisoft, will "enrich and extend the original game by allowing players to expand their Live experience with an all-new co-op campaign and a total of nine maps, seven of which are inspired by classic maps from Ghost Recon’s illustrious history and two that are totally brand new".

The new package, which is available on Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points, features numerous new additions to the game, including five co-op campaign missions that continue the story from where the original game left off.

In addition, Ubisoft has also released a free 'More Guns Pack' for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, featuring seven new weapons for use in the single-player Quick Mission mode.

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a88284/tom-clancy-xbox-live-content-announced.html)

cujo-man
11-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Hump de bump.

Scarlett.
11-02-2008, 05:35 PM
I bough Turok today its quite good

Mark
11-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm playing thought COD4 at the moment. Think I'll be getting Burnout Paradise before Turok though

- Mark

Scarlett.
11-02-2008, 05:44 PM
COD4 is an awsome game, but I think I have "over-played" it lol

Spike
11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
i'm thinking of getting Burnout Paradise, the demo is good. Anyone got it, if so whats it like?

cujo-man
11-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Is Gears of War good.

It looks like THE best game eva!

Spike
12-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Microsoft has appointed the former head of Electronic Arts' Chicago Studio in a bid to create a successful sequel to the best-selling Xbox 360 and PC hit Gears of War.

Kudo Tsunoda will now head up Microsoft's Gears of War development team as the firm begins work on a follow-up.

Microsoft's Kim Shane said of the news: "I'm really excited about it.

"We wanted to put more focus behind Gears, and it's great to get a creative lead like Kudo.

“Gears of War continues to be one of the most-played titles on Xbox Live. There's more that one can do to continue to deliver great experiences. And partnering with Epic on where we go from here, how can we make it even bigger and even better in the future."

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a89152/microsoft-plans-gears-of-war-2.html)

Spike
21-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Development team Epic Games has announced it will release Gears of War 2 this November during its keynote speech at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.

The developer said the title, a sequel to the 2006 Game of the Year PC and Xbox 360 third-person shooter, will be exclusive to Microsoft's Xbox 360 console.

The company demonstrated some technological advancements that will feature in the forthcoming game, including the ability to allow for dynamic shadows and other lighting elements, as well as offering the potential for destructible environments.

The firm then showed the audience over 100 onscreen Locust enemy models running around, illustrating further advancements such as water splashes and rolling waves.

Epic's Tim Sweeney said: "We've done significant work on the character pipeline. There's much greater contrast in the shadows, much greater specular lighting...much more detail on the character overall."

At the end of the demonstration, Epic chief Cliff Bleszinski added: "Gears 2 is going to be bigger, better and far more badass than the first one."

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a89849/gears-of-war-2-confirmed-for-november.html)

Stu
21-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Im at the edge of the cliff with my 360 sadly. I played it alot over the past year , playing virtually every good title I have wanted to play for it. All I give a damn about playing in the future would be Gears 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV , as well as any associated sequels. Thankfully , I made my own faceplate upon the system with nail polish and permanent markers about a year ago making the system immune from being a victim of premature shilling at some pawn shop.

Still , I think im gonna have to go out and get a Wii now. The PS3 just looks like a buffed up , less intuitive 360 with all the same games bar the only exclusive I want to play for it , Metal Gear Solid 4. I can think of at least a dozen titles I want to play for the wii so it looks like thats on the cards.

xDramatick
21-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I just bought one today :D

I got Assassin's Creed and my dad got some car game.
I really like it, and I REALLY want DOA4, annd Eternal Sonata [omg.sobadly<3]

Scarlett.
21-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Assasins Creed is brilliant:colour:

Spike
22-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Microsoft's Games Developers Conference keynote speaker John Schappert has said the firm has no plans to release a Blu-ray drive for its Xbox 360 games console in the near future.

When asked if Microsoft plans to release a Blu-ray drive in light of the demise of HD-DVD, Microsoft's corporate vice president of live, software and services said 'no' while implying that add-on drives don't appear to work for Xbox 360 gamers, pointing out that its HD-DVD drive only enjoyed a 3% attach rate.

"We have no plans to announce anything like that right now. But I'd also urge you to look at the attach rate for the HD-DVD drive," Schappert told Eurogamer. "It was a 3% attach rate...you also have to take into account how did the other accessory do when you look at the future."

The news comes as Microsoft revealed it has now sold 18 million Xbox 360 consoles worldwide.

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a89966/microsoft-says-no-to-xbox-blu-ray.html)

Spike
24-02-2008, 03:13 PM
I brought Sega Rally yesterday, I have been wanting this game since it was released but decided to wait until the price come down because of some bad reviews.

I played on it for a few hours last night and it's a really good game. Not the best graphics you will see on the Xbox 360 but it's fun and addictive. It took me a while to get the hang of it but I am getting good at it now.

Tom4784
24-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Darenn
I just bought one today :D

I got Assassin's Creed and my dad got some car game.
I really like it, and I REALLY want DOA4, annd Eternal Sonata [omg.sobadly<3]

DOA4 is probably my favourite Xbox game, Eternal Sonata is amazing!

I've borrowed Assasin's Creed from a friend along with F.E.A.R, both good games. I've also started to play Fable: The Missing Chapters again, Oooh can't wait for the sequel!

Ruth*Star
24-02-2008, 04:18 PM
DOA4, is my second fave Xbox game, its awesome, i was playing story mode last night as Tina, the wrestler character.

Tom4784
24-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I suck with Tina, My best characters are Elliot, Christie, Brad Wong and Helena.

Stu
25-02-2008, 04:50 PM
''When asked if Microsoft plans to release a Blu-ray drive in light of the demise of HD-DVD, Microsoft's corporate vice president of live, software and services said 'no' while implying that add-on drives don't appear to work for Xbox 360 gamers, pointing out that its HD-DVD drive only enjoyed a 3% attach rate.''

Perhaps if they had included a HD DVD player in the FIRST PLACE like they were supposed to? Who is this thick guy and how did he get a job?

Spike
25-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Following Toshiba's announcement of the demise of HD-DVD, Microsoft has confirmed it will cease production of its HD-DVD Xbox 360 attachment.

Microsoft said in a statement: "As a result of recent decisions made by Toshiba, Hollywood studios and retailers, Microsoft plans to withdraw from HD-DVD.

“Xbox will no longer manufacture new HD-DVD players for the Xbox 360, but we will continue to provide standard product and warranty support for all Xbox 360 HD-DVD players in the market.

“As we stated earlier, we do not believe this decision will have any material impact on the Xbox 360 platform or our position in the marketplace.

"HD-DVD is one of the several ways we offer a high definition experience to consumers and we will continue to give consumers the choice to enjoy digital distribution of high definition movies and TV shows directly to their living room, along with playback of the DVD movies they already own.”

Microsoft last week said 'no' to the possibility of launching a standalone Blu-ray drive for Xbox 360, but speculation continues to mount that the firm will eventually offer such a device to its next-generation console users.

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a90133/microsoft-to-axe-xbox-hd-dvd-drive.html)

Spike
10-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Chief executive of Microsoft Steve Ballmer has confirmed that his firm is looking at ways to back the HD format Blu-ray.

While Ballmer avoided linking his announcement directly with the Xbox 360, he admitted Microsoft is ready to move on following the demise of HD-DVD.

"We've already been working on, for example, in Windows, device driver support for Blu-ray drives and the like, and I think the world moves on," said Ballmer at the Mix08 conference.

"Toshiba has moved on. We've moved on, and we'll support Blu-ray in ways that make sense."

Recent news of Sony holding talks with Microsoft has led to many industry insiders expecting the US firm to announce an add-on Blu-ray drive for the Xbox 360.

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a91129/microsoft-we-will-support-blu-ray.html)

Scarlett.
10-03-2008, 06:01 PM
I bought Lost today, its brilliant so far

Spike
10-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I want to get Lost but the reviews say it is too short.

GiRTh
10-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Is Lost already out? I better take a look.

Scarlett.
10-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Aye its out, Its pretty good so far

Spike
18-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Following Microsoft's Xbox 360 price drop last Friday, industry watcher Chart Track has revealed that sales have surged ahead by some 36%.

But despite the rise, Chart Track added that the jump was much lower than the 260% rise Microsoft enjoyed when it first cut the price of its next-gen console, though it admitted that that rise coincided with the launch of the Xbox 360 Elite system and the acclaimed BioShock game.

“During week 11, Xbox 360 enjoyed a 36% jump on week 10, which is a nice refreshing uplift for the console,” ChartTrack director Dorian Bloch told MCV. “That was just for the Friday and Saturday after the price cut."

“The 260% rise Xbox 360 enjoyed in August last year coincided with the introduction of Elite and BioShock coming onto the market, which obviously gave it a massive boost.”

Discussing the Xbox 360's long-term sales, Bloch added: "We need to wait two or three more weeks to see if the 360 sales surge will carry on. I would predict that it will increase again over the Easter period. It’s a bit of an odd year for the industry – Easter is early, and doesn’t coincide with the end of Q1 – when publishers traditionally release very big games – like it usually does."

Last week also saw sales of the PlayStation 3 rise by 6%.

Spike
27-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Microsoft has announced a radical new policy in a bid to crack down on Xbox Live users who are illegally improving their game scores online.

The firm has vowed to name and shame all cheats by marking the offenders' gamercards for all to see.

It will also reset the user's score to zero and prevent them from regaining any previously earned achievements, though they will be allowed to earn new scores thereafter.

According to a report by Eurogamer, the firm will also "place the offender in stocks on the Xbox Live village green and allow other users to throw virtual rotten tomatoes at them".

DS (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a92236/xbox-live-cheats-to-be-named-and-shamed.html)

Ballistic
17-04-2008, 08:20 PM
i got the new turok game on 360 and i think if you had a chainsaw and the ability to blow people into little pieces it would be a hell of alot like the gears of war game (except with dinosaurs)

Scarlett.
22-07-2008, 03:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Xbox_new_exp.jpg
Apparently this is the new Xbox 360 Dashboard coming in the Autumn!

Tom4784
22-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure if I'll like it. I like it how it is.

Scarlett.
23-07-2008, 03:09 PM
You will be able to use back grounds and themes still

Spike
23-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I like the look of the new Dashboard
I'm not a huge fan of the current one so a change will be good but it will take abit of getting used to

Chemicle
23-07-2008, 03:19 PM
oooh, i really like that, i cant wait !

Scarlett.
13-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Natal is apparently called Kinect

King Gizzard
13-06-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm not one for all these motion movement games - leave that to crappy Wii

Scarlett.
13-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Same for me really, I'm hoping the new Silent Hill game doesnt involve them after its defection to the Wii for Shattered Memories

Tom4784
14-06-2010, 12:04 PM
If I want motion then I'd play the Wii, and it'd do it a lot better. I don't get how having no controller at all could work well, it could for some but for most typical Xbox games I can't see it working well at all. Motion control is too unprecise to work by itself in most games.

Motion on the Wii only typically works well on the casual games, There's very few serious Wii games that use it or use it well. The only one that springs to mind is Resident Evil 4 that had amazing controls, probably better then the other console versions of RE4. The key is that it should be used sparingly and not relied on totally.

Also no ragging on the Wii when all you've probably played is Wii Sports (if that) :tongue: