PDA

View Full Version : The Nintendo Thread

Tom4784
30-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I thought that since the Xbox has a thread why not Nintendo? Use this thread to discuss all things nintendo. I'm so excited i'm gonna get a DS tomorow (Hopefully)I've wanted one for ages as i'm always playing my sister's and my friend's DS at college. I'm hoping to get Pokemon Diamond and Elite Beat Agents (both amazing games). So who else has got a nintendo console? What games have you got?

Spike
30-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I've got a DS and a Wii, It's so hard to get a DS at the moment so good luck finding one.

Tom4784
30-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah tell me about it, Toys R Us are restocking tomorow so hopefully I can get one!

Spike
30-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Dezzy
Yeah tell me about it, Toys R Us are restocking tomorow so hopefully I can get one!

I was in Woolworths yesterday and they were priced at £180, they were only £100 a few weeks ago.

Callum
30-12-2007, 01:50 PM
I've got a Wii and a DS. I LOVE my Wii loads and loads, i've got a few games for it. Super Mario Galaxy, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, The Golden Compass, Wii Sports, Rayman: Raving Rabbids, and I'll be getting some more soon :) I've just completed the Golden Compass game, it was quite easy to be honest, but still it was a pretty good game.

cujo-man
30-12-2007, 02:01 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the DS is absolutely amazing. So is that Brain Training thing.

Spike
30-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Games I have for my Wii:
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games
COD3
Excite truck
Wii sports
Big brain academy
Mario strikers charged football
Red steel
RE4
Mario Party 8
Tony Hawk's downhill jam
Splinter cell
Kororinpa
Wii play
Pirates of the Caribbean
GT pro series

BigSister
30-12-2007, 03:54 PM
was in Woolworths yesterday and they were priced at £180, they were only £100 a few weeks ago.

Where was that i work at woolworths and we havent had in any for a while
N
Anyway back on topic i had a DS and ive got a few games i justbought pokemon ranger today and a dolphin game and telly addicts yesterday. I also have super mario brothers sonic sims 2 pets shrek the third deal or no deal fifa 08 pokemon mystery dungedon pokemon diamond pokemon link and i think thats it

CassetteFinger
05-01-2008, 06:15 AM
I have a DS. I got it when big brother 7 was on, cant find the charger though. Must get a new one. Im hoping to get a wii for my birthday which is in 18 days.

Sarah.
05-01-2008, 11:16 AM
I have a DS and I play the Wii all the time even though it's not mine :tongue: I love it.
Especially Wii Sports and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.. haha.

For the DS, I don't really play it anymore but my fave game is Tetris DS.

BigSister
05-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I got A dolphin game and telly addicts on saturday for my ds with my christmas money

LargeAndInCharge
05-01-2008, 07:16 PM
any one got HOTEL DUSK: ROOM 125????

Tom4784
19-01-2008, 12:42 AM
I finally got a DS today YAY! I've got 5 games so far;

Elite Beat Agents
Pokemon Diamond
Sonic Rush Adventure
Children of Mana
Guilty Gear Dust Strikers

I haven't got Hotel Dusk but i've heard it's quite good.

ThisIsMarie
19-01-2008, 02:55 AM
Your games sound good. :thumbs:

I've been looking forward to getting Hotel Dusk. Anyone that has got it, is it as good as it's meant to be?

Spike
19-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by ThisIsMarie
Your games sound good. :thumbs:

I've been looking forward to getting Hotel Dusk. Anyone that has got it, is it as good as it's meant to be?

I have Hotel Dusk, I have played it twice and it is mork like a story than a game. You don't have to do much apart from listen to people and respond to them but I haven't got very far so there might be more to do than that. It's a very different game which people will either love or hate. I personally think it is a bit boring.

BigSister
19-01-2008, 01:37 PM
i want mario and sonic for the olympics for the DS but they have put back the release date till february

~Kizwiz~
19-01-2008, 01:42 PM
I love my DS.... just completed cooking momma and now I am addicted to Nintendogs Dalmatian and friends.

Nicky.
19-01-2008, 01:49 PM
I got a wii and a ds - had ds for over a year and ma wii since xmas!

I have Herbie, Labrador nintendogs, Brain Training, nd GT racing :D

I love ma ds :D

i also have the first grey brick gameboy, a colour, advance and an SP :D
lol!!

i have thousands of the oringinal gameboy, colour and advance games lol!!

Christina
24-02-2008, 12:22 PM
My friend brought me the DS bundle thing it has the DS the holders and 2 games .. Dolphin Island and Imagine Cooking x

Jake!
24-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Everyone here's going on about the DS, but the Wii is soooooooooo much better. Its way to good, now I can play my Lara Croft games in better quality...

Christina
24-02-2008, 02:57 PM
There expensive i would of got on but i got the DS instead so i was happy lol x

~Kizwiz~
24-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by NightMare
Everyone here's going on about the DS, but the Wii is soooooooooo much better. Its way to good, now I can play my Lara Croft games in better quality...

We got a wii a few weeks ago and its sooooo much fun. Dont have too many games yet but the ones we do have are great.

Looking forward to wii fitness.

We also have 4 DS's in the house and we have all for Nintendogs which all interact with each other

Spike
24-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I am looking forward to Wii Fit too, it looks so cool.

Jack
24-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl. It looks amazing.

Spike
24-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about Super Smash Bros Brawl, can't wait to get it and I am also looking forward to Mario Kart

Jack
24-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Spike
Oh yeah I forgot about Super Smash Bros Brawl, can't wait to get it and I am also looking forward to Mario Kart

Yeah Mario Kart looks great.

Callum
24-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I can't wait for Wii Fit. It looks fantastic!

Christina
24-02-2008, 05:07 PM
^
Havent seen that yet x

Callum
31-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Does anyone here have Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for the Wii?? If so, do you reccomend it? 'Cause I'm thinking of buying it, but I don't know if it's good or not. :shrug:

BigSister
31-03-2008, 03:14 PM
its good for the DS and my friend has it for the wiii and she says its great

Spike
31-03-2008, 03:14 PM
I have Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, it's a really good fun game but it can hurt your arms after a while.

BigSister
31-03-2008, 05:00 PM
lol yeah i know what you mean pressing those buttons kills lol

Kevin
31-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Smash Bros. Brawl is truely amazing. It's a must have for any Wii owner! I can't stop playing it! xD

Spike
09-04-2008, 03:42 PM
The BBC's iPlayer is to become available on the Wii games console after Nintendo announced it has signed a content deal with the broadcaster.

Wii users will be able to watch BBC programmes on the console from midnight tonight, when Nintendo will issue a message to all UK-based Wii systems connected to the internet informing them of the service.

"This exciting alliance with the BBC is yet another way in which Nintendo is looking to broaden the market for its products by offering compelling and relevant content to families," said general manager of Nintendo UK David Yarnton.

"BBC iPlayer on Wii will offer Wii owners another reason to turn their console on every day and adds to the already established non-gaming content on Wii that includes news and weather channels and an internet browser."

This will be great, haven't been using the Wii much lately but I will use it more often now the iPlayer is going to be on it.

Retroman
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Im more of a fan of "old skool" nintendo, than the more modern consoles...

Snes and gameboy inparticular.
The old Final Fantasy games, plus Super mario allstars and the original Street Fighters are all decent.

I have a DS, but ive stopped using it since I bought a PSP.
Since the PSP is superior in pretty much every single way.

As for the Wii, at least 95% of all the games out for it are for children, or just really simple "fun" games...so I just didn't buy one.

Spike
24-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Is anyone getting Wii Fit? Its released tomorrow.

Jack
24-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Retroman
As for the Wii, at least 95% of all the games out for it are for children, or just really simple "fun" games...so I just didn't buy one.

You're missing out. I had that attitude at first, but it's a great party console as well as having deep, single player games such as Zelda, Metroid Prime, No More Heroes, Resident Evil 4 etc.

Spike
25-04-2008, 06:05 AM
Just had a quick go on Wii Fit and it is great so far.

Kevin
25-04-2008, 08:55 AM
I love, love, love Wii Fit. :bigsmile::bigsmile:

Spike
25-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Wii Fit is fantastic so much better than I expected it to be. I am glad I got it now.

MrGaryy
25-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I can't wait for Sims 3 to come out I loved Sims 2!