PDA

View Full Version : Years Rest

BBMadFan4Eva
01-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Personally, I believe in order for BB to keep going that after BB9 its should be rested for an entire year, but for planning BB10. Then it shall come back in 2010 andbethe best one yet, don't you think?

Xander
01-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I think that BB9 will be the last big brother.

It can't go on for ever, it has to be put to a end evenutally. BB is getting bad press as well and is getting a bed reputation as people only go on it to find fame.

Magic
01-01-2008, 02:22 PM
I agree, some rest could be good. Maybe have a smaller, 'Allstars Series"

BBMadFan4Eva
01-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Magic-Shoes

Its your opinon, but I don't like the sound of an allstar series, coz if there all winner's, there most probably the ones who never argued, was involved in a twist, and they just shot to fame at a click of a finger. Do you know what I mean?

Tom
01-01-2008, 02:29 PM
This year was just a bad year for Big Brother. Most of the series they do are good with the obvious exceptions BB4 and BB8. BB8 was still hugely successful for Channel 4, and it generates a large portion of Channel 4's profits. Channel 4 are also spiralling into a lot of debt so I doubt they will rest Big Brother. They will just sort it out because they know it needs reinventing again.

BBMadFan4Eva
01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Don't you think its wierd how BB4 & BB8 were the worst series's, what's next BB12 being the bore...

supernoodles!
01-01-2008, 02:33 PM
i dont think they should rest it,it was just bad luck this year and crap house mates and tasks etc made it boring.BB7 was something special and i firmly believe we can have that again,bb should be given up on just yet.

BBMadFan4Eva
01-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Yep, BB7 was the BOMB. LOL

Matt
01-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I suppose it depends how BB9 goes.

If it is successful, then it has injected more life into Big Brother and it probably won't be axed.

If it is another flop, they may axe/rest it, because I don't think they can deal with two flop series in a row.

MR.K!
01-01-2008, 04:01 PM
they deffinatley have to retrace thier bb7 footsteps for bb9.. i would say bb7 was by far the best series.. the housemates, the house and the tasks all had alot of time + effort put into them.... however i very much doubt bb9 will be the last, escpecially since channel 4 have signed deals for bb9 - bb11 alrerady...

Tom
01-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Caw
they deffinatley have to retrace thier bb7 footsteps for bb9.. i would say bb7 was by far the best series.. the housemates, the house and the tasks all had alot of time + effort put into them.... however i very much doubt bb9 will be the last, escpecially since channel 4 have signed deals for bb9 - bb11 alrerady...

Because of the extensive twists in BB7, I doubt they would attempt to replicate it. They did similar things in BB8 that fell flat on their face.

I don't think they should attempt to replicate another series, they just need a decent set of housemates, good tasks and everything will be fine.

Stu
01-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Big Brother can save itself from being axed. I hate people who say 'well its run its course , time to pull the plug'. Big Brother is a brand that has the ability to re-invent itself over and over again.

As for the year off? Screw that. How about hire new producers and put on a GOOD , ENTERTAINING show rather than come up with these crap compromises like 'Lets take a year off' or 'lets go back to basics and pretend its 2001!'...

Loukas
01-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I Agree With Stu! I Think BB Is A HUGE THING loosing a couple Of Fans But Gaining More! It Will Come Back BIGGER THAN EVER! This SAME Thing Happened When They Stopped CBB Years Ago They Came Back With BB5 Which Was Alot Of Peoples Fave Series! Big Brother 9 Should Be Great!!!

Redmond
01-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by BBMadFan4Eva

Its your opinon, but I don't like the sound of an allstar series, coz if there all winner's, there most probably the ones who never argued, was involved in a twist, and they just shot to fame at a click of a finger. Do you know what I mean?

No you wouldn't put the winners back in, that would be awful. Just put say the two or three most entertaining housemates from each series back in. Like in BBUSA Allstars, they only had one previous winner in it.

Arneldo
01-01-2008, 06:33 PM
I think it will continue for a long time - even if it means a smaller scale permanent move to E4.

I agree that after BB9, it should take a years rest from C4 at least. Allow people to miss it and then bring it back bigger then ever. In its absence maybe BBUS could be shown on E4, or a small spin-off.

Tom
01-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Redmond

No you wouldn't put the winners back in, that would be awful. Just put say the two or three most entertaining housemates from each series back in. Like in BBUSA Allstars, they only had one previous winner in it.

I think it would be an idea to put in all the first evicted males and females from BB3 onwards (because BB3 is when it took off and when Big Brother started at Elstree). The 4 from BB1 and BB2 would be on stand by. It sounds awful when written, but some fantastic characters were evicted first:

Male- Lee, Federico, Marco, Roberto, Sezar, Seany
Female- Lynne, Anouska, Vanessa, Mary, Bonnie, Shabnam

Sam!
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Tom_
Originally posted by Redmond

I think it would be an idea to put in all the first evicted males and females from BB3 onwards (because BB3 is when it took off and when Big Brother started at Elstree). The 4 from BB1 and BB2 would be on stand by. It sounds awful when written, but some fantastic characters were evicted first:

Male- Lee, Federico, Marco, Roberto, Sezar, Seany
Female- Lynne, Anouska, Vanessa, Mary, Bonnie, Shabnam

I think it would be better for the public to vote for the most entertaining from each.

Redderst
01-01-2008, 07:39 PM
No i dont think they should stop bb. However for bb9 to work they CANT play it safe. It has to be wild and crazy. Also even if big brother 9 turn out the best dont have cbb 2009. If it turns out the best series yet then still let it rest until rummer 2009.
Also i heard that they are also planing the twists and tasks early this year.
i think it would be good if a family went into the house. A family like the shameless lot. That would be good becuse they wont be afrade to speak there mind at one and other

Tom
01-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Redderst
No i dont think they should stop bb. However for bb9 to work they CANT play it safe. It has to be wild and crazy. Also even if big brother 9 turn out the best dont have cbb 2009. If it turns out the best series yet then still let it rest until rummer 2009.
i think it would be good if a family went into the house. A family like the shameless lot. That would be good becuse they wont be afrade to speak there mind at one and other

Go back to being controversial. BB5 and BB7 are thought of as 2 of the better series. The reason behind the success of BB5 is because they had a portugese transsexual, a homophobic refugee, a couple of gay men, a lesbian who couldn't keep her mouth shut and then a few "normal" people from different backgrounds. BB7 had a mentally unstable "**** ****" (his words not mine), a tourettes sufferer, an old barbie and a mentally unstable girl (Nikki).

People were up in arms about the housemate selection in both series, one which the other series have failed to match.

They need to go back to purposely causing conflict and getting controversial characters in the house. That generates publicity, and Big Brother revolves around publicity.

Stu
01-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Arneldo
I think it will continue for a long time - even if it means a smaller scale permanent move to E4.

I agree that after BB9, it should take a years rest from C4 at least. Allow people to miss it and then bring it back bigger then ever. In its absence maybe BBUS could be shown on E4, or a small spin-off.
Big Brother always takes a break , and it always comes back fresh in the publics mind , be it away for 4-6 months or a whole year. The viewing public have very much short term memorys. Also , they are not the BB obsessives and dont stay on a forum discussing BB even when its currently not happening , so the year off would be useless. It would make no difference how long its been away for , as long as it has , and it always is.

Ruth*Star
01-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Arneldo

I agree that after BB9, it should take a years rest from C4 at least. Allow people to miss it and then bring it back bigger then ever. In its absence maybe BBUS could be shown on E4, or a small spin-off. I agree, BBUSA, is something that could be put on E4 if it did take a break, BBUSA is great and i think BBUK fans could like watching.

Redderst
01-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I agree with tom. BB5 was good. But i want bb9 to be bb9 in its own right. But make some of the elements of bb9 like bb5. Wild and crazy

Redmond
01-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Tom_
Originally posted by Redderst

Go back to being controversial. BB5 and BB7 are thought of as 2 of the better series. The reason behind the success of BB5 is because they had a portugese transsexual, a homophobic refugee, a couple of gay men, a lesbian who couldn't keep her mouth shut and then a few "normal" people from different backgrounds. BB7 had a mentally unstable "**** ****" (his words not mine), a tourettes sufferer, an old barbie and a mentally unstable girl (Nikki).

People were up in arms about the housemate selection in both series, one which the other series have failed to match.

They need to go back to purposely causing conflict and getting controversial characters in the house. That generates publicity, and Big Brother revolves around publicity.

I completely disagree with that. BB5's success wasn't just because of all those stereotypes, obviously the opening night was playing on that idea but as the series went on all those housemates each were entertaining in their own right for things other than just been a stereotype. But the main reason of it's success was the divide and the competitive nature of the show made by the Jungle Cats vs the Lip Gloss Bitches. You failed to even mention Victor who many critics hailed as the housemate who saved the Big Brother franchise with his straight-talking nature and game playing aspect. People enjoyed watching their favourites making it further in the game and getting one over on the housemates they didn't like.

BB7 tried to replicate that and it started off really well and Nikki, Aislyene and Grace are three of the best housemates of all time but too many twists that flopped ruined the series and it also increased the "wannabee/fame" factor too much.

Firewire
13-01-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't think BB9 will last 94 days the same as BB8.

MR.K!
13-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Jonathan_08
I don't think BB9 will last 94 days the same as BB8. GOD i hope not... when it lasts that long it kills the show off

BBMadFan4Eva
19-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks for all your feedback guys... Really glad people BOTHERED to reply... LOL!