PDA

View Full Version : BB9. Will it stand a chance?

Conor
02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Will Big Brother 9 stand well against this list of 08 shows:

Olympics 08
X Factor (If Sat shows are brought back)
Britians got talent (if it comes back on)
The Appremntice

And these other problems:
Dermot leaving
BBBM/LB being likely threatened after BB:CH
The show getting tired
Too little ideas left for a frsh series (a format can only be altered so far)
An obvious lack of interesting people (we must have run out as BB8 had about 5 entertaining HMs out of 23 lol)
If BB:CH is a complete flop
And also, if a new show comes about

Whats your veiw?

Billy
02-01-2008, 04:38 PM
BB8 had lots of interesting people:

Charley
Nicky
Chanelle
Brian
Sam
Amanda
Ziggy
Billi
Seany
Shanessa
Amy

even Laura was entertaining to a point, with her **** stirring

Jackie
02-01-2008, 04:57 PM
I think it will stand a chance.

MR.K!
02-01-2008, 05:02 PM
i think big brother producers are going to give bb9 thier ALL... i think they will unveil a fresh and bold series full of a bunch of the countries finest wakk jobs to go in

Arneldo
02-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Yes. BB will always do well enough for a another series, it's just a matter of C4 wanting to do one.

The X Factor airs after BB has finished. The Olympics isn't really a threat to BB as it won't clash in schedule and it isnt really targeting BB's audience.

Britain's Got Talent is a threat, as it was for BB8. It's a new, fresh show so it's more appealing then a show that people already know quite well. Also, it has two of the most loved TV presenters hosting it. It will undoubtedly do better then BB9, but also it all depends on how ITV decide to show it. Rumor had it that ITV might decide to show BGT as a weekly show over a long period time in 2008 rather then daily like last year. If they do it weekly it might not be as big threat as it was when it aired daily.

Spike
02-01-2008, 05:04 PM
C4 need to schedule BB9 well to make it a success. ITV have announced that from January Coronation Street will be scrapped on a Sunday and will be moved to 8.30pm on a Friday which means the eviction shows will have to be moved to get some ratings. Also Big Brother performs well in the 10pm slot where there is less competition, BGT and the Apprentice will not affect Big Brother as long as its in the 10pm slot.

To stand a chance it needs to be scheduled right while being new, fresh, original and entertaining.

jamesh
02-01-2008, 05:49 PM
i hope they don't pick a load of boring people for bb9.... they need to be interesting to watch, funny but not like fame hungry wannabes... i'm sure that sounds hard to find to bb producers but i'm sure its possible. i also think they need to plan bb9 better like have tasks lined up (knowing what tasks they'll do) before the show starts, have twist ideas ready that have been thought long and hard about. so basically not making things up as they went along. ive not really watched bbusa but from what ive seen with the themes like nemesis and project dna, i think we should do something like that ( having a theme for the series ).

Xander
02-01-2008, 06:56 PM
They need to understand that there should not even think about a HND, if they do they need to be clever about it, give it a entirly different meaning to it. Do not make the house any smaller, the housemates arnt affected by it infact i think the house should be bigger, deffinatly the garden. No inside out themes to it. The twists have to be new and exciting, nothing like we have had in the past, they have to come across to us as a complete shock. I think they should change the format of big brother, something different and fresh. They shouldn't try so hard like they did in BB8 because that ended in a disater.
They should not pick weird housemates, they need to be clever for what type of housemates to pick, a entertaining bunch because at the end of the day the housemates make the series and they after all are the reason that people switch off/on.
I don't think the olympics are going to get in the way at all, another thing they could take into account is changing the times. And also is there a possibiltiy of getting rid of the daily star?

Tom
02-01-2008, 07:16 PM
BB8's fate was sealed the moment they put 11 females in the house.

X Factor won't be on alongside Big Brother. If it happens again this year, X Factor is on at about 6pm and obviously there is no results show so there will be nothing on ITV at 9pm.

They need to establish either a 9pm slot or a 10pm slot- no mixing and matching like they have been doing because it just gets confusing and annoying although 10pm would be the better option because it will get slaughtered at 9pm alongside BGT.

I don't think Big Brother will have to be moved because of Corrie. The core audience of both shows are completely different.

As for:

Dermot leaving, they just need to get a new host. It will probably be someone from John Noel, most likely Caroline Flack, Joe Mace or Kirsty Gallacher. BBLB was getting stale so Dermot quitting will give it the boost it needs.

The show isn't getting tired, the housemates are just getting more aware of what can come after the show. They are not going in for the experience anymore, they are going in for the fame.

There are plenty of ideas for a new series, the producers just need to look at Big Brothers abroad and see what has worked there

Billy posted a good list of entertaining housemates, I personally didn't like most of them but some were still entertaining. Some others to add to the list include Emily and Shabnam.

BB:CH is an experimental series. It doesn't matter if it is a flop or not, it is just trying out new things. The fact it is on E4 shows they want it to be low key. Big Brother have now done 13 proper series, both celebrity and non celebrity. Only 2 of those haven't been liked by the fans- BB4 and BB8. The rest of the series (even CBB5) is liked by a lot of fans, and most fans will have a favourite that isn't necessarily the obvious BB3, 5 and 7.

If a new show comes about, it won't set itself in stone as much as Big Brother has done. Its been going for years and made the way for other reality shows. Big Brother provides most of Channel 4's income and even after this year was one of the highest rated shows. A new show won't mean it will be dropped just like that.

The only thing they need to do is scale it back to 10-11 weeks and stop with the gimmicks like House Next Door as well as getting the right housemates, not just dumping in whoever looks good from their audition tape. Personality clashes are always a winner.

Redderst
02-01-2008, 10:06 PM
And they have brill tasks over in bbusa. But the diffrence is that our bb is more enternaing hms wise.

XxShortyxX
02-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Depends who the HM's are I guess, hope it does do well though.

Mike
03-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Course BB9 will stand a chance providing they choose the right people. The producers will know they have to keep the ratings up from the start what with all these other shows/events taking place just a case of pulling it off.

Loukas
03-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Mike
Course BB9 will stand a chance providing they choose the right people. The producers will know they have to keep the ratings up from the start what with all these other shows/events taking place just a case of pulling it off.

Exactly All Shows Stand A Chance If They Are Done Right.

Xander
03-01-2008, 01:58 AM
Hopefully *fingers crossed* that BB:CH goes well and gets really good feedback that they then can devolp those ideas into a really good BB9

Captain.Remy
03-01-2008, 07:20 AM
It does depend what type of shows are on and what's happening into the house.