PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow audition

Cocteau8
05-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Just got back from the Glasgow audition and am home so early 'cos they gave me the elbow! Got thru to the 2nd stage but no further. It was more like the interview at the 3rd stage 2 years ago - questions about myself etc, but the opening gambit was an interesting one - have I ever had a t*t ******! That one threw me a bit!

Got pulled out of the crowd for an interview with Anthony, who was telling me that the first time he went for it he was nice and not outspoken at all and didn't get through. The next time he decided to be a bit more brash and we know what happened!

Next year maybe!

kevpac
06-01-2008, 10:33 PM
i went to the glasgow auditions aswell on saturday and got through the first bit then put out. last year i got to the monday call back.

i thought this years audition was totally different and felt it was alot more personal even the very first stage at the groups we had to rate who was the most worthy housemate and also we split into 2 groups of 4 and had to say who we would evict out of the other group.

I thought this year was definatly alot more personal at the early stages as i remember last years early stages being fun haha.

in my interview part i got asked what annoyed me and that really through me as i didn't know what to say lol

Cocteau8
07-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Kevpac - sounds like you were in my group! We did the exact same stuff and I felt that I had more of a chance at this first stage, as compared to last year's to put myself forward. The warm up bit beforehand was also good, although I was knackered by the skipping!

NCFCRulz
07-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Ok, going to the London ones on 19th. What is the format for this years auditions then?

From the minute you join the line, until you leave.

kevpac
07-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Cocteau8
Kevpac - sounds like you were in my group! We did the exact same stuff and I felt that I had more of a chance at this first stage, as compared to last year's to put myself forward. The warm up bit beforehand was also good, although I was knackered by the skipping!

no m8 i wasnt involved in any skipping lol i was in a group that was seen by the 2 guys and yeah i thought the first bit was alot better this year s it allowed everyone to show more of themself and explain more why you wanted to be in.

i totally messed up the questions in the 2nd part asked what annoyed me and i couldnt think of anything for some reason and as soon as i came out i thought of plenty lol

the bad thing is even though we got put out they must have been fairly desperate for people because my mates were in glasgow town on saturday and there was people going around with leaflets asking people to come and audition so we must have been rotten lol

dudul
07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
so... Wat utha questions did they ask? Did every1 else get a different question? Wats the worm up lol.

Cocteau8
08-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by dudul
so... Wat utha questions did they ask? Did every1 else get a different question? Wats the worm up lol.

The opener was as I've put up top, the one about sexual practices! After that is was going through some of the answers in a brief form we had to complete, but the main one that would have helped them make a choice was asking what I thought the audience would gain from me being on the programme - what I could give. The problem is trying to figure out what they want here - someone who will cause arguments? Someone who is scheming? Someone who couldn't give a toss about anyone else? A bit of a lad? SOmeone who is completely normal?! Obviously I didn't give them what they wanted. Can think of loads of stuff that would annoy me. The pain is that we'd all get through with our 20/20 hindsight! I think it's dangerous to 2nd guess their questions, as they obviously vary them a fair bit.

When I got through to the 3rd stage 2 years ago the 2nd stage involved us selling ourselves to the camera for 1 minute, in a BB cubicle, so I was mistakenly geared up for that again.