PDA

View Full Version : For BB9 to work perfectly <<

Conor
18-01-2008, 06:45 PM
K, heres how I would make Big Brother 9 better if I was the head producer of the show:

Big Brother in general.

- Take a 2 year break at least, although a few hardcore fans may disagree, it could do the show good, for example: It'll earn the show extra publicity and anticipation for the series, aswell as giving extra time to plan the show. When you think about it, the team only ever has about 3 - 4 months usually, to prepare a new series

- Make the show start in mid June and let it run for about 13 weeks max. Alot of us do want BB-free TV for a few weeks of the year lol

- Come back with a knock out theme. Something even better than Big Brother 5's 'Evil' theme. 'Don't bring back Evil. Create something better!'

- Get rid of the no discussing nomination rules. Whats the point. Discussing nominations could add extra tension and rowing to the house. Thats what we all want, isn't it?

- Hold back all press release info until way near the launch date. Slowly seep it in over the last week, starting with the press pack and ending the night before the launch with Housemate clues. Also, keep the official website from being launched until Day 1. Keep the insider blog currently on the E4 website.

- Get the Big Brother 3,5 and 7 producers t work as a team. The three are regarded as the best in the shows UK show's history.

Housemates.

- No OTT celeb wannabes, but chuck in a few that are down to earth, but still interested in media careers.

- Try not to have to many obvious favs from the start. It ruins the final.

- Have all housemates unpredictable during the first few days and even weeks.

- Have interesting characters. Half bubbly and energetic, half always arguing and fighting.

- Have no more than 17 housmeates over the whole series. During the opening night, 13 will enter.

The house.

- Keep Patrick Watson. Since he joined for BB4 he has pulled of no less than 7 amazing designs. Most noticably (in my opinion :tongue:) BB6 and CBB5.

- Have it average size. Not as big as BB3, but not as small as BB5/8 by far. The first time it was great, but now, the housemates are expecting cramped uncomfortable houses.

- No stupid twists like Big Brother 8's impracticality theme. Big Brother 6 was perfect with 'No Privacy' and as was CBB5 with the mix of old and new blended for a stunning effect.

- Try not cramming the house with hundreds of secret rooms. Prehaps 1 off the Diary room and another elsewhere in the house.

Graphics and advertising.

- I have to admit I really like the glossy house ads and countdown teasers, but try to mix that with origional styles like the BB6 'Boxes' ads and the BB:CH, well crazy ads! lol

- Make another origional eye template like the BB5/6 eyes. They strayed of the main template theme and pulled off great graphics wise and just good looking great! Sticking in a few extra eye lashes is Not! a template adaption. It just looks stupid...

- Include the usuals, in this order. Eye teasers, Countdown ads, Whats on ads, House ads and then Launch night ads. Also, chuck in a few BB:CH format style ads, but not identical.

Presenters.

- Either Davina gets back on track with the job or she gets sacked. Frankly her skills were quite messy during BB8. She needs the give Housemates time to talk and not appear bais.

- Get a co-host for Davina. No one new, but hire Russel. He would be something new and fresh to eviction and lauch nights.

- Pursuade Dermot to get back to BBLB in anyway possible. Keep the crazy fun side to BBLB that was evident furing BB8.

- As Russel would be co-hosting the main highlight show, get Justin Lee Colins and Alan Carr to present BBBM. The job was made almost as much for them as it was for Russel! They'd be perfect at it!

New spin offs, presenters

Spin offs.

Firstly, as mentioned above, pusuade Dermnot any way possible to get back to BBLB. Keep it fresh and crazy like BB8 and also keep the live audience. Dermot performs better with live audience, but dont turn it into BBBM 2, becuase a show has already been invented for that lol Have it daily at 6.00pm on C4 and repeated next day on E4 at the same time. Have an omnibus every Sunday.

- Also, as mentioned before, get Justin Lee Colins and Alan Carr to do BBBM. Add a few more features and lenghen the show as well as getting a larger audience, such as the BB5 days. Mon, Tue and Sat on E4 and Fri after the Evictions on C4.

- Have a BBNews, with stories from Big Brother around the world, presented by Dermot O'leary. Include eviction news, launch news and finally news, as well as skeak peeks into new houses and graphics ect. Have it on 3 times a week on E4.

- BB: Through the Ages. (BBTA) Explore the highlights from each series, on once a week, ending with the highlights from BB9 and Starting with BB1. Have guest HMs from each series on to talk about their experience and dig deep into the show. To work once a week every week. include CBB's TBB and BB:CH. Have Davina presenting it on E4 every Friday 4.00pm.

- Axe BB:OTC for good and keep BBLive and BB Diary Room uncut as usual.

Tasks and twists.

- The prize fund should be altered so it must be earned by live tasks. This has been done before and has proved to be quite popular.

- Housemates all have a private fund which they make take out with them that they will have earned over their stay. For eg: a quater of the voting funds go into their seperate account, which will be mounted on th wall, showing each HM's personal fund. This could be used in tasks such as: 'You may have £10 000 added to your personal account or a new HM/Week of luxurys/party/choose who gets evicted.'

- Have a specially built arena, as like BBAU's. It gives room for much more enduring and elabourate tasks.

- Have tasks to win more than luxury items, but actual Housemates. Also give the chance for the housemates to choose a HM back into the house after winning a special task.

- Get rid of the millions of pointless 'Mini - Tasks.'

- Have 2 tasks a week max, with one for adding too the prize fund and one for winning food. Also make room for an occasional 'Special task.'

- Make taks longer, more enduring and difficult than rating other HMs in the house. How is that entertaining or worthwhile?

- Have a twist where all of the first 7 evicted Housemates of the series will be brought back into a special house. The public will be warned about this twist before spending money on voting.

- From then on, the housemates in each house will battle it out to the final. In the end, three housemates from the loosing team will be ejected. The winners will live together with the rest of the house for the final two weeks.

Prize fund.

- As mentioned, have seperate tasks for money and food. Housemates will once again have to earn their prize.

- Housemates all have a private fund which they make take out with them that they will have earned over their stay. For eg: a quater of the voting funds go into their seperate account, which will be mounted on th wall, showing each HM's personal fund. This could be used in tasks such as: 'You may have £10 000 added to your personal account or a new HM/Week of luxurys/party/choose who gets evicted.'

- ANY rule breaking will result in prize money being taken of each individual HM's account and also out of the main fund. Extra punishment may be used.

Anyway, thats the perfect BB in my opinion :spin2: Whay do you guys think? Hopfully I've covered everything.

Matt
18-01-2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=71153 :laugh:

Conor
18-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Matt
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=71153 :laugh:

I know, but Mine is more detailed and indepth with more content and ideas too lol :bigsmile:

Oxymoron
18-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Yer

Spike
18-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Great ideas apart from the bringing back the 7 evicted housemates. I would love to see Alan Carr and Justin Lee Colins do BBBM.

Conor
18-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Spike
Great ideas apart from the bringing back the 7 evicted housemates. I would love to see Alan Carr and Justin Lee Colins do BBBM.

Thanks Spike :wink: First comment to get this thread moving! lol

Captain.Remy
18-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I agree with most of the things except the tasks.
Davina should host BB On the Couch, it was very very interesting to watch.

And if this can happen this year, it would be awesome !!! :spin2:

Spike
18-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I hope the BB9 producers are looking at this, great ideas which they will never think of.

Conor
18-01-2008, 07:10 PM
^ Thanks once again Spike :hugesmile: I hope so too!

ProjectWeirdo
18-01-2008, 08:06 PM
hat sounds like a great BB9 to me... ;)

I especially like what you said about Big Brother being evil.... just what we need, hehe.

Jake!
19-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I like it a lot...

Conor
19-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Gkad you like it NightMare! :laugh:

Jake!
19-01-2008, 10:05 AM
How long did it take you to come up with it! Two months work I'd say...

Conor
19-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by NightMare

Nope, about 25 mins lol. But I already had lots of ideas and just grouped them together. That helped. :laugh:

Jake!
19-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Conor
Originally posted by NightMare

Nope, about 25 mins lol. But I already had lots of ideas and just grouped them together. That helped. :laugh:

25, we have a super typer, LOL!

Conor
19-01-2008, 10:36 AM
^ lol

Conor
19-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Anyone else wanna comment?

Jake!
20-01-2008, 09:47 AM
I just wanna ask one question..:
What gave you these ideas?
Just wondering coz something must of sparked of this fast super typers mind, LOL

Conor
28-01-2008, 05:34 PM
*Bump!* ****

Glenn.
30-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I think a years break woulld help. Then the publicity building up to it. The producers really need to do something. Everyone Ive spoken to about Big Brother has said that its dead and it needs to be axed.

molecular
30-01-2008, 09:41 PM
good ideas:thumbs:

*mazedsalv**
30-01-2008, 09:44 PM
I wouldnt be able to live life without BB for a year.See, Im so sad lol

Well it kind of is a years wait for most people because only 1/4 of people that watched BB8 watched Celeb Hijack.

liam_bigbrother
31-01-2008, 08:40 PM
i agree with almost evrtyhting you have said except the bit about sacking Davina. I must admit,her interviewing was messy in BB8,but you can't sack her! Without her,BB wouldn't be the same. In, my opinion BB shouldn't take a break but I am hardcore fan. lol.

Also, I would like to add:

Try not to get as many people who watch the show so they can guess all of the twists to the show etc

Tom
31-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I don't think BB should take a break otherwise the break would have to be about 5 years long for it to come back with full impact and by then Davina will have moved on and the show will turn into a bigger mess if it is relaunched. Most shows that return always do this. After BB8 and CH, I don't think there is much anticipation for BB9 so by taking a year out won't exactly help the situation.

FictitiousHouse
31-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Tom_
I don't think BB should take a break otherwise the break would have to be about 5 years long for it to come back with full impact and by then Davina will have moved on and the show will turn into a bigger mess if it is relaunched. Most shows that return always do this. After BB8 and CH, I don't think there is much anticipation for BB9 so by taking a year out won't exactly help the situation.

I have to agree with you to. I doubt anyone on a big brother forum wishes a long break between big brother shows that would be almost suicidal to some. I think Davina is an important part of the whole big brother and celeb big brother experience. She has a way about her which could never be mimicked by anyone else except maybe 'Roni Ancona' but I doubt Davina would like that :dance2: