PDA

View Full Version : Excellent news!

Bigbrotherin
25-01-2008, 09:14 PM
BB9 could be moving to 10pm according to one of the producers on the C4 forum and C4's director of programming, this means loads more viewers as it's up against the news on BBC and ITV. BB managed 5 million a night during BB5 at the 10pm slot, ) over 2 million more than the highest rated episode of BB8, the N word incident).

I think they're doing it to make way for better programmes using the 9pm slot, but still they are doing it a favour. This time last year it would have been a bad thing as 10pm was drama time on ITV, but now news at 10 is back, it's got no major competition on any of the other terrestrial channels.

So now, with a bit of advertising and some good housemates, there's no reason BB9 can't be a ratings hit :spin:.

Conor
25-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Obviously, they brought news @ 10 back for a reason, it must have got high ratings to start with. Why would they bother bringing it back otherwise? Therfore meaning that BB9 might not have as high ratings even as BB8. (but that'll probz be not happening)

Bigbrotherin
25-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Conor
Obviously, they brought news @ 10 back for a reason, it must have got high ratings to start with. Why would they bother bringing it back otherwise?

It does get good ratings for the timeslot yes, but the average Joe will choose BB any day. Stands a much better chance against that than some ITV reality show or BBC drama.

Bigbrotherin
26-01-2008, 09:11 AM
The only thing I dislike about the 10pm slot, is that it I may have to miss a few episodes for work and school and stuff. But as long as it helps the show, I'm all for it (despite the ridiculous big mouth time they'll have).

Tom
26-01-2008, 09:47 AM
BBC 10 O'Clock News and News at Ten are not competition? What planet are you living on?! The BBC version always wins the 10pm slot but News at Ten is a little less predictable.

Saying that, the news and Big Brother are pitched at two different audiences, and those who want to watch Big Brother at 10pm would just watch the Evening News instead.

Bigbrotherin
26-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Tom_
BBC 10 O'Clock News and News at Ten are not competition? What planet are you living on?! The BBC version always wins the 10pm slot but News at Ten is a little less predictable.

Saying that, the news and Big Brother are pitched at two different audiences, and those who want to watch Big Brother at 10pm would just watch the Evening News instead.
No, they are not competition. They are aimed at people who are into current affairs and politics. Most people aged between 16 and 36 want to be entertained not informed. BB could cash in upon those who are watching TV at 10 o'clock and are looking for something to entertain them.