PDA

View Full Version : Simon Cowell's advice for Big Brother producers

James
12-05-2004, 09:05 AM
...put in people who haven't seen the show before and hate each other. From the Daily Star.

Amy
12-05-2004, 09:28 AM
I can understand his theory of putting people in the show that have not seen it before but i'm not sure about them hating each other? It'll make good TV for so long but like them getting on nicely all the time, as in bb4, could become quite boring!
The show needs to appeal to everyone it's being able to find the right balance so it keeps everyone happy, then again I guess you can't please everyone!

AndyJK
14-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Seriously, Simon Cowell is talking sense. Do we really want to see house-mates being nice every day in order to please the prudish and "Mills and Boon" type viewers yearning for a romance? Sod that. Big Brother was never intended to be a gathering of nice people going around their daily chores. So if you're opposed to the criteria people like myself and Simon Cowell expect of Big Brother contestants, then you're watching the wrong show.

As I have frequently said before, we need a much more raucous Big Brother with plenty of conflict of interests. No more luvy-duvy, "giv us a hug" and "I'll clean up" types. Let 'em fight over it. Let's see lots of arguing, complaing and tears this series. Yeah!

Romantic Old Bird
16-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Simon Cowell was of course spot on again, ESPECIALLY about Jade Goody. She was SO putting it on, it was pathetic. However she was laughing all the way the the bank.

I think I would extend the innocence and novelty factor to BB1 and BB2.

OK, some were playing up to the camera's:

Bubble and Narinder particularly I think, and maybe Josh and Dean a little. Brian was quite open about it.

However, I don't think they realised how huge it would be. After all, there wasn't a BBLB after the first one, and their noterity was very shortlived.

BB3 and BB4 knew exactly what to expect.

BusyBee
17-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Great idea to get people who havent watched it, but where would they come from! Even if people hadnt watched it they would surely have heard about it.

Very true about playing to the cameras - last year's crowd were so scared of looking bad to the viewers they wouldnt say boo to a goose. And Simon is soooo right about Jade, but didnt it pay off.

But I dont want to see people who hate everyone, I like a bit of a mixture. I think too much conflict could make people turn off. A few rows and arguments when you least expect it keep the viewers watching cos they dont know when it is all going to kick off.

James
17-05-2004, 06:45 PM
I don't know if there is any incentive for people to go on Big Brother if either they have not been a fan of the show, or don't want a media career.