PDA

View Full Version : BB5 Producers are considering couples,

James
13-05-2004, 11:47 AM
This from today's Daily Star.

Philip Edgar-Jones has confirmed that the producers are considering have one or two couples in the Big Brother house.

Also Davina says that the plans for the show are 'very different' from what has happened before.

BusyBee
13-05-2004, 03:40 PM
So much for Davina's assertions that the producers DONT want sex!!!!

I hope they dont go 'over the top' to counteract for last year's effort.

Personally I think couples would cause more friction than anything else and would get voted out pretty quickly.

bananarama
13-05-2004, 04:34 PM
I think having couples could be counter productive as they are likely to be inhibited as to how they behave with other housemates of the opposite sex in front of each other.

Being established couples they may well get frustrared during the 9 or 10 weeks run of the show and perform so to speak for the producers.

But what is the point. They would not dare show anything that's not suitable for the "blue peter" type audience they target.

Jades little shuffle under the blankets was about as interesting as a cold cup of water. Why should a "Couples" shuffle under the blankets be any the more interesting.

I do hope they have 12 "Hot blooded" strangers and let brand new interactions begin and who knows perhaps there won't be any blankets to cover them.:laugh: Ofcom will be watching. You bet.

kaphc
13-05-2004, 07:37 PM
I wonder what the "different slant" will be with the housemates going inside?

- Public vote on who goes in?
- All go in together so that no one has the advantage of being in first on their own?
- Housemates have to complete a task (on the lovely Elstree concrete outside the house!) to decide who goes in

Any other ideas?

P.S. I just read on another thread that the housemates will be going in "one by one" again. Or is that jsut an assumption?

craig619
15-05-2004, 05:15 PM
that's an excellent idea for the public to decide who goes in. say, 20 hopefuls each have to do something to impress the audience and then viewers vote for the 12 they would like to go in.

I really hope that they don't put a couple in the house. last series the producers concentrated on trying to get some between-the-sheets action and they ended up with nothing entertaining and i just don't understand why the producers want sex because everyone i know couldn't give a flying fart about it, they just want entertainment from the housemates.