PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Gets Evil

James
16-05-2004, 11:23 PM
NASTY BIG BROTHER

May 17 2004

BIG Brother is back on the box next week and this time it's getting nasty.

Bosses at the reality show have decided to make the 2004 version tougher for the unsuspecting housemates.

Under the new slogan 'Big Brother Gets Evil', Channel 4 programme chief Phil Edgar-Jones said the 10 people chosen for this summer's nine weeks on camera were picked because they probably would not get along.

He added: 'We've got a few nasty surprises in store for the housemates.'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=14247445&method=full&siteid=89488&headline=nasty-big-brother-name_page.html

I think you could tell this from the logo for BB5.

Also interesting that there are apparently only 10 housemates.

topaz
17-05-2004, 12:02 AM
thanks for the post very interesting I thought it was going to be 12 housemates

bananarama
17-05-2004, 10:26 AM
I thought it was supposed to run for "10" weeks this year. :conf:

Perhaps it's 10 housemates and a couple to bring the total up to 12.:conf:

BusyBee
17-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Sounds like they are trying to do the opposite of last year where they all got on infuriatingly well!!

I too thought it was for a 10 week period with 12 housemates. Still we shall see soon enough.

kaphc
17-05-2004, 06:44 PM
I don't know if I like the sound of "Evil" Big Brother!!!

I wonder how they try and tell whether people will get along or not? And I wonder if they will be right, or whether everyone will be nice once they get in the house because they don't want to be voted out or be tabloid hate fodder.

James
17-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by kaphc
I wonder how they try and tell whether people will get along or not? And I wonder if they will be right, or whether everyone will be nice once they get in the house because they don't want to be voted out or be tabloid hate fodder.

Yeah that is what I was thinking, the producers won't know what the HMs are going to be like until they actually enter the house.

liliacqueen
17-05-2004, 07:51 PM
they carnt be too mean or the house mates may leave

Amy
18-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by topaz
I thought it was going to be 12 housemates

I also thought there'd be 12 housemates! In todays Heat mag it says
the 12 new Big Brother housemates

kaphc
18-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by James
Originally posted by kaphc

Yeah that is what I was thinking, the producers won't know what the HMs are going to be like until they actually enter the house.

I've been thinking more about this again .... I wonder if they are looking at natural opposites, such as someone like Cameron from BB4 with someone like Josh from BB2 - Cameron's views on gay relationships and Josh's assertiveness to have the right to do what he wants could make for a possible clash.

I still don't think they will be able to tell too much though. For me, the only way to guarantee friction would be to do the same as BB4 USA and put ex-partners together in the house.

And I do think there will be 12 housemates too; I think the article got it wrong and based its facts on BB1.