PDA

View Full Version : Sticks Land V Helens Land

Sticks
20-04-2002, 06:15 PM
During BB2 (seems so long ago :hugesmile: ) Helen described the land she inhabited. It was pink and glittery with lots of chocolate, glitter, strong tea, pink stuff, glitter, you get the picture :hugesmile:

It was a place of happiness and wonder. Recently it allied itself with Paul's Land, a land of similar values. :colour:

However in former times there was a Sticks Land. It too was lush, fertile and of good cheer and loveability, just as Helen's land is today.

Then dark forces ammassed. From where no one knows who and no one knows why. :devil:

The residents of sticks land were oblivious of their fate, and were taken by surprise when the dark forces unleashed their terrible weapons of destruction and reduced Sticks land to rubble.

http://www.holnet.org.uk/learningzone/londonatwar/airraid/images/21208.jpg

Sticks Land after the raid

The war was won. The residents of Sticks land stood no chance in the onslaught.

This once fertile land, became barren and lifeless. The radiation from the weapons still blows across in clouds to this day.

Survivors eek out a desparate existance amongst the desolation, hiding from the occasional air raids of the dark forces, in this bleak land known as Sticks land.

One thing they can do now is recognise the evil dark forces that still fly regular sortees

Meanwhile, the forces of darkness have turned their eye towards other lands, one of them has glitter :shocked:

History has shown that that other land has been buzzed.

:sleep: Oi wake up at the back !!!!

milly
20-04-2002, 06:56 PM
:sleep::sleep:what,who,where,oh sorry about that sticks,i'm awake now.
the land of glitter has nothing to fear from the dark forces of sticks land:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Romantic Old Bird
20-04-2002, 08:41 PM
...............................and then Dorothy clicked her heels together three times........................................
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:5rxxKKYFNi8C:www.loc.gov/exhibits/oz/images
...............and she said............'There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home'

.................................................. ...............and when she woke up she wasn't in Sticks land anymore. She was back in her own little land, in her own little bed.

And they all lived happily ever after!

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::f lower::flower::flower::flower:

Sticks
20-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by milly
:sleep::sleep:what,who,where,oh sorry about that sticks,i'm awake now.
the land of glitter has nothing to fear from the dark forces of sticks land:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The dark forces were not of the Sticks Land, for it was Sticks land that suffered the original attack.:bawling:

The residents of Sticks land would not wish the darkness on anyone.

The dark forces that would move against lands of pink and glitter, come, I fear from Tabloid land :mad: For they had struck a number of times to break up the alliance of Pauls Land with Helen's land, but the forces of darkness so far have failed .
:colour::thumbs:

splodge0
20-04-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Sticks
[quote][quote]but the forces of darkness so far have failed .
:colour::thumbs:

Is this a note of optimism I see before me.....????? :colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour:

peachy
20-04-2002, 09:38 PM
Oh dear Sticks, I was hoping you would become happy and enter the land of glitter, pinkness and good cheer which the rest of us TiBB posters live in. I now realise that it is the evil forces of darkness which have invaded your heart and cause you to dwell on cemeteries and municipal bus shelters (or whatever it was that you were going on about). I now understand that it is not your fault that you are a gloomy old harbinger of death and destruction. However, Sticks old bean, I do feel that I must point out that we could all blame someone or something else for being a bit of a misery sometimes but I'm on a mission Sticks, I want you to promise to smile just once, and not that horrible smile you drew on your photo last time, but a real smile. Come on Sticks, post up a picture of you outside a cheerful place, SMILING. You can do it, you know you can. Banish those evil forces, sing, 'put on a happy face'. Go on I dare you!!!

:dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazz ler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler::dazzler:

James
20-04-2002, 09:40 PM
I think the forces of darkness are more interested in the 'alliance' between Sven's land and Ulrika's land at the moment.

:thumbs:

Sticks
21-04-2002, 05:17 AM
I think this is me smiling on a bus. What a ghastly site!!!!

What I heard is that if you smile on your passport photo the customs people don't like it. :spin2:

Sticks
21-04-2002, 05:20 AM
Another smiling photo of me "smiling"

Horrible isn't it :joker:

Chad
21-04-2002, 08:33 AM
Just had to say, sticks, though I'm no judge of men, But you smiling made my day. I had worried that you were a seriosly unhappy fellow. I'm SO glad I was wrong. I really think you should change your avatar. I'm sure the girlies will agree!:wavey::wavey:

Enjoy the rest of your life - honest:xyxwave:

Romantic Old Bird
21-04-2002, 08:44 AM
Sticks, I am heartened to see that with the help of my dear friend Peachy, you have made the first tentative steps out of your twilight world into the land of the living.

I can see you there blinking and slightly dazed in the Sunday morning light.

Courage mon brave!

Now, I need you to take one more step today to convince us that your recovery is continuing, and that you are not slipping back.

I want to see you enjoying yourself, actually participating in something wholesome and legal.

A walk in Wallsend, strolling in the morning sunshine with friends?

A spell at the crease perchance?

Beachcombing with buddies at Whitley bay?

Come on Sticks, we know you can do it! We have faith in you!

The first step is the beginning , the start of your journey into life!

Stand up straight, look around you. Take a deep breath, smile and off you go!

The sun has got it's hat on, hip hip hip hoooray!

:spin::elephant::xyxwave::thumbs::xyxwave::elephan t::spin:

peachy
21-04-2002, 09:13 AM
Sticks old mate, you did it. A smile. I just hope your face muscles don't hurt too much from the unaccustomed effort. I feel you've turned a corner now. From now on you'll be skipping down the street singing, and greeting everyone with cheery wave and a happy grin. No more the miserable git, from now on Mr. Sunshine, Ok?

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

splodge0
21-04-2002, 10:40 AM
Attaboy sticks! Now your cooking!!!
:colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour::c olour::colour::colour::colour::colour::colour:

Sticks
21-04-2002, 06:55 PM
I prefer usually to visit South Shields or North Shields and then take the Shields ferry and take in the sea air.:thumbs:

I do not have many friends here in Newcastle who are not work or church related, so when I go some place it is alone. :bawling:

Since I was mugged in 1994, going out in an evening makes me aprehensive. I can make it across the road to the local shop or chippy, but then I rush back in to the safety of the inside.

I had planned to go out this Saturday and find some more photogenic cemetries with a historical interest :hugesmile:, but I was summoned to the Cowgate area to an associates residence where I watched that latest Planet of the Apes movie.

BTW I have spent many a happy hour at Washington Galleries bus station....

Usually because I have just missed the bus :mad::mad::mad:

Attached a picture of Tynemouth

splodge0
21-04-2002, 07:05 PM
Now for that avatar............Please??:xyxwave::thumbs:

Sticks
29-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I had a bit of time on my hand between projects and look what I found

Recently I was trying to define Graeme's land to the church intern who has now finished their tour of duty. What I came up with was Hiroshima - after the bomb

Here are some images

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/hiroshima.jpg

http://www.hiroshima-is.ac.jp/Hiroshima/Images/Home/a-bomb_dome.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/ops/images/hiroshima-130.jpg

A model of the damage (http://www.richard-seaman.com/Travel/Japan/Hiroshima/AtomicBombMuseum/DamageToCity/DioramaOfHiroshimaAfterTheBomb.jpg)

A quicktime movie (http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9608/10/japan.hiroshima.film/hirofilm.mov)

Hiroshima today

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/ops/images/hiroshima-120.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like the darkforces did mange to go and overcome glitterland, and now that dream has died as well :sad:

cc100
29-07-2006, 02:35 PM
.....................And the parting of Helen and Paul Land has left two sprawling barren landscapes....................