PDA

View Full Version : Witchcraft student in running for Big Brother

Amy
20-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Big Brother producers are said to be lining up a student of witchcraft as one of the housemates.

Contestants on the shortlist are also said to include a former prostitute and a male stripper.

An insider told The Sun: "The housemates will be feistier and sexier. Producers are determined this year's show will be packed with sex and rows.

"One of the possible contestants practises black magic. The housemates had better not get in her bad books."

The show, which runs for ten weeks from May 28, is getting a lot nastier.

Power and hot water will be cut without warning and there will be no comfort in the Diary Room. Instead of the usual calming voice, contestants will be met by an aggressive Big Brother.

Bosses are looking for characters who clash and their tasks will be made much tougher.
Article Ananova (http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_961308.html?menu=entertainment.television)

LEE
20-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Producers are determined this year's show will be packed with sex and rows.
Well I don't particularly want to see either.

BusyBee
20-05-2004, 01:10 PM
------------------------------------------------------
Producers are determined this year's show will be packed with sex and rows.

------------------------------------------------------

Well I don't particularly want to see either.
-----------------------------------------------------

Nor me - I do hope they havent gone to the extreme to offset last year.

kaphc
20-05-2004, 06:29 PM
I'll agree with that too - and I don't particularly want to see black magic either.

How are they going to film properly if they cut the power off to the house - we don't get to see nearly as much on infra-red cameras as on the normal ones?

bananarama
20-05-2004, 07:13 PM
:conf: BB is supposed to be a reality show. In reality peoples lives evolve around "Sex" in reality people "Row". If you exclude either or both then you don't have a reality show.

Exlude Sex and arguments and what are you left with for stimulation and entertainment..:conf: "blue peter"

BB4 was a dull failure of a BB because it was tame and mundane and quite quite boring.

People just getting on is not entertaining unless it is of the nature of Helen and paul wher a genuine will they won't they relationship emerges.

It is highly unlikely that the producers will ever be lucky enough to accidentally select a set of housmates that could replicate BB2's love story so if BB is to survive for another series after BB5 then surley you cannot and should not exclude the aspects of real life in the form of sex and conflict.

Like many i would love to see the mix of sex love and arguments like BB2 had but failing that I also want to se BB survive for more series. exluding sex and conflict will only result in a goody goody two shoes of a show that will kill the format for good.

LEE
21-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Of course sex is a part of normal life, but that does not mean that I particularly want to see it on screen on Big Brother. As for arguments, well of course there will be some and in moderation they do make it more interesting, but if there are too many it just becomes painful to watch and I'm afraid I don't find it entertaining in the slightest.

craig619
21-05-2004, 12:58 PM
you know, the more i hear about this BB the less excited i get about it.

bananarama
21-05-2004, 04:09 PM
If you remove the spice from food the chances are it will not be eaten by as many. That will be the result of BB if it is allowed to become as dull as dish water for another year.

I support their attemt in trying to make the show more interesting. Even if it all goes pear shaped and i start whinging about what they have done. At least they will have tried.

To allow BB to become as tame as Blue peter is condeming it to the history books of media shows.

Amy
21-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by craig619
you know, the more i hear about this BB the less excited i get about it.

Don't be too put off Craig, there's always this hype around BB and look what happened last year! The newspapers always go overboard with articles about BB contestants most of which usually end up to be not true

James
21-05-2004, 10:04 PM
This'll get you in the mood for BB5 - it's a clip of one the adverts they've being showing on Channel 4.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/downloads

What a great theme tune!

We don't know what the HMs will be like when they get in front of the cameras. The producers are apparently notoriously bad at predicting who will get on with who in the house, and how they will act.

Amy
21-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks James :dance: i love that Advert makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end :dance: I'm soooooooooooooo excited :dance::dance::dance:

James
21-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Here's (http://members.lycos.co.uk/freeviewdigi/bb.mpg) another new advert, haven't seen this one on TV yet.

'Live launch shoow' :hugesmile:

Amy
22-05-2004, 08:40 AM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
Well I was excited before now I'm REALLY excited :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
Thanks James :thumbs: