PDA

View Full Version : Not enough beds in house, less gaps in sound and other info

James
23-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Some housemates will have to share beds!

Housemates already sequestered!

Girls and boys in same bedroom!

New voting system!

No drops in sound on Web Streaming for swearing! :thumbs:

It's Big Bruv's bunk-up beds!

By Rachel Richardson

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/images/bb_01.jpg

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/images/bb_02.jpg

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/images/bb_03.jpg

HERE it is?your first-ever glimpse of Big Brother's new unisex bedroom, where bosses hope to see the first-ever on-screen bonk.

The interior designer has had a field day, turning the dormitory for all 12 male and female housemates into a garish woodland glade.

Not only that, but two of the beds are doubles?so four of the housemates will HAVE TO share a duvet.

With just five days to go before BB5 kicks off, our exclusive pictures reveal that the wannabes dreaming of celebrity stardom this year could well find themselves living out a Midsummer Night's Nightmare.

After last season's dive in ratings, show bosses have come up with a new house format designed to bring out the WORST in everyone.

It is cramped and uncomfortable with stark lighting and appalling decor?and there is no hiding place from prying eyes.

Glass

The kitchen and the living room have been built with glass walls so that any shy housmates won't be able to escape from view.

Designer Markus Blee?also behind Gordon Ramsay's restaurant reality show Hell's Kitchen?was told to create an "evil" atmosphere.

The walls have been decorated with what looks like a series of bad sixth form art projects.

Dozens of casts of green hands are fixed to one wall, while another is covered in unsettling abstract patterns.

A show insider said: "The housemates are already under lock and key so they have no idea what we have planned for them.

"They know that all the girls and fellas will have to share one dorm, but what they don't know is that there aren't enough beds to go round.

"It's clear we're looking for some love. Why else would you make sure people have to share a mattress? It'll make a very interesting first episode when the housemates realise they have some important sleeping decisions to make."

He added: "We also want to make the house like a pressure cooker. It's so claustrophobic in there that sparks will fly."

The housemates will be welcomed to the house in Elstree, Herts, by presenter Davina McCall this Friday following the final, hour-long episode of hit US sitcom Friends.

A new series of Big Brother's Little Brother, hosted by Dermot O'Leary, begins the same evening.

This year's series may last 10 weeks rather than nine, depending on the viewing figures.

The new format is the brainchild of TV genius Phil Edgar-Jones?the mastermind behind the successful third series of the reality show. He has taken a hands-on role again this year and is determined to make it the best BB yet.

He said: "Our audience research said viewers liked the gentle humour of Brian Dowling from series two, so we went for nicer people?but they turned out to be a disappointment.

"So this year we are going for primary colours. And some of them may clash!"

Another show insider told the News of the World: "The future of the programme hinges on this show."

Big Brother is a massive part of the Channel 4 schedule and they don't want a repeat of last year's dreary effort.

"It's all about the casting. Last year the producers made some serious mistakes. There was a lot of soul searching at Channel 4 and with the people at Endemol. Everyone on both sides is determined that they will learn from their mistakes.

"Phil Edgar-Jones has drummed it into this year's team?casting, casting, casting is what it's all about."

This year's housemates were picked following Pop Idol-style auditions.

Voting

People queued for hours to be seen by a team of producers. Some desperate fame-seekers even turned up to the heats naked.

And from nearly 10,000 applicants, show bosses currently have 30 people on stand-by to enter the house.

The voting system is set for a complete overhaul this year, so that boring characters can be booted out more easily.

Last year, viewers were frustrated because they couldn't get rid of housemates like Gos and Justine because they were not being nominated.

And show bosses were concerned that the mums' vote kept people in the house who were not liked by younger viewers.

The new system could occasionally bypass both the housemates and the public.

But internet viewers will receive a boost this year?the sound will not be drowned out if housemates' language becomes too fruity.

A live soundtrack is not allowed on TV, but different rules apply to the web.

From the News of the World (http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/showbiz/showbiz3.shtml)

Amy
23-05-2004, 08:01 AM
OMG I'm having a news overload! :laugh:
You hear nothing for ages and it hits you all in one big go :laugh:
Not sure I like the bedroom, I can cope, just about, with the kitchen but the bedroom http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilies/eklig/24.gif
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/images/bb_01.jpg

James
23-05-2004, 08:20 AM
The problem with 'stark lighting and appalling decor' is the viewers have to look at it too.

Dino
23-05-2004, 10:36 AM
i like the idea of getting rid of boring people but i do hope there will be a way of getting rid of people who play up to the cameras like some of the bb3 housemates did.........................getting very excited now i need a lie down lol

liliacqueen
23-05-2004, 03:15 PM
woooo too much gossip i think im gonna hate lookin at the green and blue but rool on bb:flower:

bananarama
23-05-2004, 05:30 PM
The problem with 'stark lighting and appalling decor' is the viewers have to look at it too.

Very true. It looks like living in a garden green house. Green is supposed to be relaxing so that colour may not turn out to be a good ide as they all relax and nod off to sleep instead of starting fights.:laugh:

I think i might call out the TV engineer to change my internal TV settings so that the green turns to Red.:laugh:

liliacqueen
23-05-2004, 09:45 PM
or purple in my case lol:flower:

Amy
23-05-2004, 09:49 PM
So, we have green, blue, yellow more green and blue all over the house with a touch of beige thrown in for good measure! what can we expect to see in the diary room i'm betting red and orange to look like hell!!! anyone else got any ideas what colour the dairy room could be?

liliacqueen
23-05-2004, 09:51 PM
black and white like the logo