PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Winner Could Get Nothing

Amy
27-05-2004, 08:02 AM
THE winner of Big Brother 5 could go home empty-handed.

The 12 contestants are in for a shock when they reach the house and find the £100,000 prize money is not guaranteed.

When the series, hosted by Davina McCall, kicks off tomorrow the jackpot will be £30,000 more than in previous years. However, each Saturday the housemates will face a live challenge and failure could cost them £10,000 a task.

This means 10 disastrous performances will reduce the fund to nothing.

Last night a show source said the cash drain would give extra incentive for inmates to give 100 per cent to the tasks. She said: "They always say they are taking part in Big Brother for the experience rather than cash, but this will find out if they are being truthful.

"It's one thing to lose a challenge and miss out on a treat or two, but it's much more serious when this sort of money is involved.

"It will certainly change the dynamic in the house."

Meanwhile Playboy TV is offering £100,000 to the first couple to have sex on the show and then reenact it. The adult channel's Richard Gale said: "We think this is the year. And we want to be able to replicate the part Channel 4 won't broadcast."

Article Daily Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/tm_objectid=14278903%26method=full%26siteid=50143% 26headline=big%2dbrother%2dwinner%2dcould%2dget%2d nothing-name_page.html)

rachb
27-05-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm not at all sure about this I really don't think the money is enough when think how much money they actually make:nono::nono:
I think there should be prizes for all the top 3.

Amy
27-05-2004, 10:03 AM
This is from More Magazine... (http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/view_pop_news.asp?section=1&featureid=2857)

Big Brother gets stingy

The winner of this year’s Big Brother could walk away with no prize money if they and their housemates fail too many challenges.

The Mirror reports that the prize money – this year set at £100,000 – drops a cool 10 grand every Saturday if the housemates fail a challenge.

A source told the paper the decreasing prize fund would give the housemates an extra incentive to give 100 percent.

She said: “They always say they are taking part in Big Brother for the experience rather than the cash, but this will find out if they are being truthful.”

Although seeing as Jade didn’t even win and became BB’s first millionaire, we doubt the contestants really care that much about the prize money…

Article Here (http://www.moremagazine.co.uk/view_pop_news.asp?section=1&featureid=2857)

Romantic Old Bird
27-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Isn't this what they did in US BB?

Mind you - they were starting from $1million so not so bad really.

I think this stands the risk of being another BB3. They will get the viewers they want, it will be successful, but we soppy old sorts won't take to it.

Never mind.

I hope it backfires and the hardships only serve to enkindle the spirit of Dunkirk and the Blitz amongst the hapless inmates.

I hope they end up bonding and plotting against their despotic leader.

Then they will take over Elstree and capture Dermot as a love slave.

Then Borehamwood will fall, they will gather supporters from the North London environs - particularly Barnet - before marching on to Westminster.

Taking advantage of the summer recess in Parliament they will take over the building.

They will then turn the House of Lords into a bedroom (well just change the sheets really), and elect Dermot as Lord Protector. The Queen will immediately surrender the monarchy, as long as Wills can have a nice little job with a good pension.

Accordingly, they appoint him as Home Secretary.

Paul Clarke is made Foreign Secretary because of his extensive travel experience and international status.

Helen is appointed minister for Women and immediately bans sensible shoes. She persuades Penny, the education minister, to introduce Glamour as a compulsory part of the national curriculum, and ensures that all children are provided with a free pot of glitter each playtime.

Alex is appointed as the Minister for Health, and sets about cleaning up our nation. However, his career is short-lived following a 'cash for cleaning' scandal when it was revealed he owned a 25% share of Domestos. He later described his treatment by the revolutionary government as 'DISGUSTING'.

Jade was appointed Minister for Culture, after her award-winning run as Eliza Dolittle at Clacton.

When asked for her reaction, she replied:

'OhIcan'tbloodybeleevetheywantmetodoititsgoodinnit costheythoughtiwasmingingandigotabllodyveruccaande verythin. bobbyjackcancomewivmeandtheresagymthereintthere?l' avetoavetimeoffwivthebabybutthat'llbealrightwon'ti t. memamwillbechuffedandavidmerrionandcanmegrancomeas well? OhandcanweputJeffinthetowerandletoutmedad? '

Amy
27-05-2004, 10:22 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Excellent ROB, bloody excellent :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BusyBee
27-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Oh ROB that has made me realise how much I miss your little stories.

Perhaps the Foreign Minister might need a couple of underlings to help him out.:blush:

But seriously, I think BB could be trying too hard this year to make things as different as possible.

Look how things changed from BB2 to BB3 and although they got the ratings the show itself was rubbish IMHO.

Makes you wonder just who they are trying to attract - the die-hard BB fans or people who just want to see fights, hardship, sex etc.

To me part of the wonderment of BB is seeing how the housemates interact with each other and over the weeks how their relationship changes. As you say ROB lets hope they do bond and gang up against BB.

Still the winner's money is nothing compared to what they hope to amass once they get outside. Even the also rans seem to do well.