PDA

View Full Version : Hull supporting Dan!

James
29-05-2004, 02:58 PM
DAN'S OUR MAN ON BIG BROTHER

09:30 - 29 May 2004
Hull hairdresser Dan Bryan made his debut in Britain's most eccentric household - Big Brother - wearing his trademark trilby hat.

The gay 30-year-old, who is also a leading local musician, announced his arrival last night with an over-the-top pose to the crowd before joining his other housemates.

Asked why he wanted to go on the Channel 4 programme, he said: "I'm an enigma. It's about time I was unleashed on the world."

Despite being dubbed outrageous by friends, Dan was cool, calm and collected as he joined his colourful collection of housemates, including a former asylum seeker and a transexual.

Dan is the first person from East Yorkshire to be chosen for the programme and friends are confident he could win the £100,000 prize.

Dan, of west Hull, is the housemate of writer and Mail columnist Gill Adams, 43, who said: "He is taking it very seriously. He sees this as his chance to make it big."

Dan, who is 6ft 4in and wears size 12 shoes, is already a familiar face on the Hull club scene. And as lead singer of the band iceHouse, he played alongside Blue in Viking FM's Feel The Noise 2002 event.

"He is nervous," said Gill. "I told him to be himself. He is very brave. I would not go on the show for £1m, let alone £100,000."

Producers hope Dan, who works as a part-time hairdresser in a Hull salon, will be one of Big Brother's most outrageous characters.

He will not have it as easy as previous Big Brother stars as the house is much smaller with low ceilings to make it claustrophobic, there are eight single beds and two double beds to sleep 12, and the toilet and shower have glass walls.

A man with an appetite for life: Page 3

jessica.boulton@hulldailymail.co.uk

http://www.thisishull.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?command=newPage&nodeId=136241&contentPK=10132162

x_x i lv stu x_x
03-06-2004, 03:06 PM
im suportin daniel all da way!

Scuzz
03-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Dan will win no probs he will make hull proud.

Hooly One
03-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Welcome scuzz!:thumbs:

I agree, i think he could win it..

Julia L
03-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh, I hope he wins - he's a really lovely guy *swoons*