PDA

View Full Version : How Long Can You Hold Your Breath For? x

Nicky.
22-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I was just wondering how long you can hold your breath for..

I can hold mine for like 4 Minutes.. and everyone is always like omg when i do ! lol x

Please Vote =D x

Sam!
22-04-2008, 07:24 PM
4 minutes!!!!!!!! Howw?

xDramatick
22-04-2008, 07:27 PM
like.
30 seconds =\

housem8
22-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Sky-Tay-Tasha-x
I was just wondering how long you can hold your breath for..

I can hold mine for like 4 Minutes.. and everyone is always like omg when i do ! lol x

Please Vote =D x

Be careful about doing that the risks are more important than proving what you can do. Even though it is amazing lol

Have you looked on the internet about the risks sky-tay-tasha=x

Christina
22-04-2008, 07:30 PM
This time it was 40 seconds but its usally much less. When i was younger i had trouble breathing because i have quite a small nose which means my windpipe is smaller (or something like that) i cant close my mouth for a long time either lol x

Xander
22-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I can do just under 4 minutes, funnily enough we were doing it a lesson today, its because i have quite a big lung capcity.

*mazedsalv**
22-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I can do it for 33 second lol
I dont want to damage myself by not breathing for more than that time.

housem8
22-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Xander
I can do just under 4 minutes, funnily enough we were doing it a lesson today, its because i have quite a big lung capcity.

How did you fair against the other pupils in school? It just sounds risky to me

Nicky.
22-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Lol No i havnt -

I swam every week for like 4 years... i can swim like lengths an lengths under water lol x

housem8
22-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
I can do it for 33 second lol
I dont want to damage myself by not breathing for more than that time.

Your sensible. I can't hold my breath for very long nor would I actually try to unless I was trapped under water then I would have no choice

housem8
22-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Lol No i havnt -

I swam every week for like 4 years... i can swim like lengths an lengths under water lol x

Just don't think its safe to hold your breath for 4 minutes thats all. I am just worried for you thats all :sad:

Sarah.
22-04-2008, 07:37 PM
About 30 seconds, lolz.

Nicky.
22-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by housem8
Lol No i havnt -

Just don't think its safe to hold your breath for 4 minutes thats all. I am just worried for you thats all :sad:
Lol x

Dont be !

ive been doing it for years lol x

Spike
22-04-2008, 07:41 PM
About 10 seconds lol

housem8
22-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Lol No i havnt -

Lol x

Dont be !

Okay, just dont overdo it (the holding breath) part, not the swimming lol. Thats a great passtime and keeps you very fit to. Maybe you could be a lifeguard ever thought of that?

Nicky.
22-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Who are the over 5 minute people ? lol x

Xander
22-04-2008, 07:49 PM

Well my school is a top competitive swimming club, and there are quite a few others that can hold it for longer, we do like quite punishing stuff breathing wise.

Jack
22-04-2008, 07:52 PM
As long as you don't hold your breath to point that it makes you dizzy or uncomfortable, it won't harm you.

You can actually exercise your lung capacity, and if practiced can increase the time you can hold your breath.

I can hold it for about 2 minutes or so.

housem8
22-04-2008, 07:53 PM

Well my school is a top competitive swimming club, and there are quite a few others that can hold it for longer, we do like quite punishing stuff breathing wise.

So nobody has had any problems while performing these punishing exercises of holding breath. Like asthmatics who thought they have the same capabilities as non asthmatics for instande?

housem8
22-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Jack
As long as you don't hold your breath to point that it makes you dizzy or uncomfortable, it won't harm you.

You can actually exercise your lung capacity, and if practiced can increase the time you can hold your breath.

I can hold it for about 2 minutes or so.

So sudden dizzyness is the warning sign to be wary of. I hope the 4 minute ones or over are reading your post Jack

Please!!!

Nicky.
22-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Lol No i havnt -

Lol x

Dont be !

Okay, just dont overdo it (the holding breath) part, not the swimming lol. Thats a great passtime and keeps you very fit to. Maybe you could be a lifeguard ever thought of that?
Lol - I quit swimming after a longg time last month =D x

housem8
22-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Lol No i havnt -

Lol x

Dont be !

Any particular reason for that?

Conor
22-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Its been proven that a limit of 160 seconds (Rougly 3 mins) in the limit of the 'Safe point' After that your brain may begin to shut down with lack of oxygen or you could suffer severe disorentation or even possibly die.

As for me, I've been able to get to 45 seconds before, usually just about 35 - 40 though.

housem8
22-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Conor
Its been proven that a limit of 160 seconds (Rougly 3 mins) in the limit of the 'Safe point' After that your brain may begin to shut down with lack of oxygen or you could suffer severe disorentation or even possibly die.

As for me, I've been able to get to 45 seconds before, usually just about 35 - 40 though.

I suspected there would be dangers in holding your breath for too long, great warning for all Conor

Nicky.
22-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Lol No i havnt -

Lol x

Dont be !

Any particular reason for that?

Oops Sorry - went offline x

Ermm it was costing alot and it was on Saturdays.. and i kept missing it as i go on holl most weekends - and the weekends i was home i wanted to go to town or go out with ma mates etc x

Loukas
22-04-2008, 08:30 PM
32 Secs, lol did it just now.

Callum
22-04-2008, 08:31 PM
For about 1 and a half minutes.

Ruth*Star
22-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Exactly 1 Minute, I just did it then.